Bachelors in Science Microbiology, Microbiology, General @
More than 8 years of experience in Software Testing and Quality Analysis. Key achievements have been in building automated UI test framework and Integration testing using REST API in Java and C#. My role has involved gaining troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills, Writing test cases and test plans, running automated test suites, and reporting findings, Executing
More than 8 years of experience in Software Testing and Quality Analysis. Key achievements have been in building automated UI test framework and Integration testing using REST API in Java and C#. My role has involved gaining troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills, Writing test cases and test plans, running automated test suites, and reporting findings, Executing both manual and automated tests, Collaborating with Operations Support, PM, Development and other teams to ensure robust production operations, Creating and supporting test reporting/ dash boarding tools, Maintaining and support test servers and infrastructure.
QA tasks have involved reviewing product user interface for conformity to design guidelines and with the customer in mind, To find, isolate, document and track bugs through to resolution,
Interpret and report testing results, and be a vocal champion for quality in every phase of the development process. Strong grasps over SDLC and Scrum models and Continuous integration concepts.
•Experience with UI E2E automation using Web driver and selenium and sauce labs, which is the selenium grid. Helped with the UI Automation framework, leveraging the page object model concept, Worked with Jenkins and Maven build artifacts. worked with integration tests/API tests for testing public endpoints using an internal library called drop wizard to build a service. which created request URI (get, put, post and delete) using the jersey client and compared the Json responses.
•Experience in AB Testing, Jira, Mobile and device testing, deployments and monitoring tools such as ganglia .Worked as integration test engineer for yammer, a web part that would use yammer sync service with Active Directory and plug onto share point as a Web part.
•Worked on Various system domains such as security, administration and Networking with Microsoft. I have experience over 5 years experience working on windows anti malware products, gaining automation exposure using c#.
Software development Engineer in Test @ Worked on Automation Framework Development using Selenium Web driver and Sauce labs with Bamboo to create the first CI test automation framework for UI and functional testing. Involved with Several Pricing and Risk Engine Release using SOAP API automation. Presently working on the first responsive mobile site using agile practices and test driven development. From March 2014 to Present (1 year 10 months) Software Engineer in Test @ Tools: Jenkins Jira, DropWizard, Selenium Web Driver, Selenium Builder, Ganglia, Jersey, Drop Wizard Service.
• UI –Automation using Web driver and Sauce labs
• API integration using Rest and Maven and internal DropWizard library
• Active directory sync with Yammer
• Share point integration
• Office 365 Integration
• Jira integration
• Yammer Product (inbox, My Feed, Chat, File sync)
• Mobile testing using Android, IOS, Charles, Crashalytics and Xcode. From July 2012 to February 2014 (1 year 8 months) San Francisco Bay AreaSoftware Engineer in Test @ Platform testing for Automated valuation models, which were used by the banking clients for property evaluation
Working with web services, Workflows, VSTS, WCF, SQL Warehousing, Data mining, SOAP requests, Mock service providers.
Ran unit tests, functionality test, designed workflows, Debugging and engine testing for algorithm, Xaml workflow testing.
Worked mainly with Microsoft technologies, deployment and implementation of data ware housing, stored procedures, endpoint wsdl testing and test tools creation such as light switch plug in and test harness such as Microsoft test manger
Test owner for multi model evaluation engine called cascade, which implemented various qualifying rules to have a winner.
Created a mock service provider that would emulate the response json from the third party client server, and help improve the performance and cost on making the API calls. From January 2012 to July 2012 (7 months) Software Development Engineer Test: ProtectionTechnology/ Client Mangement Protection @ Products:
. Windows Live OneCare
• Microsoft Security Essentials
• SCEP: System Center Endpoint Protection
• CAMP: Common Client Platform for all AV Development
• FEP (Forefront Endpoint Protection): Antivirus
• Callisto tool: A pilot rootkit malware removal tool merging with windows defender
• C#, .NET,
• WTT 2.6, Hyper-V, Windbg Product Studio, TAEF ,C#, SQL, Magellan, Steak, WTT, Batch scripting,
• I was Test Lead for Microsoft System sweeper Callisto tool developed in Israel for rootkit malware detection and removal. Created test plan, Test matrix, test cases, test pass, regression test suite, organized bug bashes. Built tools that could be used by support and reduce support cost extensively. Successfully released Beta for this tool and is now ready for integration with windows 8 and defender. CAMP, SCEP, FEP were different versions of the antimalware team antivirus products.
• Test Owner for Common client, a component of the antimalware product chain. Responsible for build releases, scheduling automated jobs for test runs. Test reporting and bug isolation and fixing.
• I owned Microsoft Update pipeline, and helped improve and design the automation for server and client components of Microsoft test infrastructure using TAEF and WTT
• Working with the VB100 team for live virus testing against our product for certifications
• Coordinating with partner teams, running smoke sanity tests, functionality testing, App compatibility testing, production releases and deployment.
• Team wide Deployments in 13 box environment involving database servers and web servers .I have built, deployed and managed INT Environments, 13 box environments
• Live production deployments as primary test owner for the operations team while servicing the product.
• WTT workflow setup for automated one box deployments and BVT runs using batch scripting.
• Worked on IDCRL, Telemetry, Sql server, Web services in server client modules From January 2006 to January 2012 (6 years 1 month) Senior Software Test Engineer at McAfee @ From June 2006 to October 2006 (5 months) Enterprise Platform Support Engineer at Microsoft Small Business Server @ Product: Microsoft Small Business Server:
Microsoft SBS is a "all-in-one" server solution designed to help customers that packages together many of the products used by larger companies - e-mail, Internet connectivity, internal Web sites, remote access, support for mobile devices, file and printer sharing, backup, and restore.
Tools and Technologies
Clarifier, VPC, Live Meeting
100 peak size
• Given special training on troubleshooting problems with domain networks with up to 75 clients per domain
• Trained to provide golden queue support for Microsoft Small Business Server 2K / 2K3/NT
• Proficiency with IIS, Active Directory Management, Exchange Mail Servers, DNS, DHCP in Domain Networking Environment.
• Adept with ISA (firewall) issues after successfully mastering Microsoft Internet Security Accelerator firewall 2000
• VPN / RRAS, remote Web Workplace, SharePoint, Active synch for PDA’s in Domain Networking
• Installation, upgrade and maintenance and configuration of PC’s , LAN servers, Operating Systems.
• Well versed with security features involving patch management for virus threats and registry cleaners.
• Have worked with the Microsoft PSS security team using utilities such as Wolflite, Netmon etc, SysInternals, Root kit Revealer and various System support tools such as Dc Diag
• Working Knowledge of Backup devices such asVeritaz backup
• Hands on Experience on Microsoft Virtual PC From January 2005 to December 2005 (1 year)
Diploma in Computer programming, Diploma in software programming @ IIT Kanpur From 1999 to 2001 Bachelors in Science Microbiology, Microbiology, General @ Magadh University From 1996 to 1999 Nikki Mehta is skilled in: VSS, C#, .NET, Operating Systems, XML, Database Administration, SQL Server, Web Services, SharePoint, Visual Studio, Microsoft SQL Server, Scrum, IIS, Test Automation, Testing
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension