As a dedicated and passionate Human Resources Generalist and Recruiter, I work in all facets of Human Resources, including employee development, policies and procedures, training, full life cycle recruiting, partnering with Hiring Managers to proactively develop and execute recruitment strategies and provide guidance and counsel throughout the hiring process. I possess strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook,
As a dedicated and passionate Human Resources Generalist and Recruiter, I work in all facets of Human Resources, including employee development, policies and procedures, training, full life cycle recruiting, partnering with Hiring Managers to proactively develop and execute recruitment strategies and provide guidance and counsel throughout the hiring process. I possess strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and am accustomed to utilizing HRIS and applicant tracking systems, acquiring technical skills quickly. I ensure Human Resources processes are followed. I am accustomed to using social media and appreciate software that streamlines processes.
I thrive in a fast-paced, high volume, high pressure, and high-performance culture. I have fun while doing what I love!
HR Generalist @ • Ensure that top quality talent is hired
• Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local laws on HR policies and procedures
• Partner with HR Manager to establish retention strategy and develop a formal onboarding plan to successfully immerse new hires into Community Impact Newspaper
• Work with entire management team to enhance work environment and company culture
• Ensure consistency in delivery of all HR programs/policies
• Work with HR Manager and management to develop training initiatives and improvements
• Develop and lead culture-focused initiatives; partner with HR Director to ensure that programs and activities are executed successfully
• Plan company-wide events in conjunction with culture-building initiatives; partner with HR Manager on execution
• Assess current wellness initiatives and identify gaps in offerings and company culture From October 2014 to Present (1 year 3 months) Recruitment Specialist @ PeopleAxiom empowers organizations to increase sales by attracting and developing high performance sales teams. Effective salespeople are hard to find and make-up a small percentage of the population. Just 4% of salespeople sell 94% of all the goods and services according to two meta studies by Harvard University and Gallup.
• Master all aspects of professional placement services and act as a top tier Sales Recruiter.
• Partner with customers to get clear insight on their strategic and financial objectives and hiring needs.
• Devise and carry out a targeted research strategy.
• Research client's company, competitors and market place.
• Map role criteria, define position description and document specifications.
• Track and identify prospective candidates using a variety of channels.
• Assess candidates to ensure qualification match, cultural fit and compatibility.
• Schedule and conduct confidential interviews, follow up on references and check
• Present shortlisted candidates and provide detailed profile summaries.
• Offer guidance and facilitate the negotiation process through to its completion.
• Follow up with clients and assist with the candidate’s transition and on-boarding process. From July 2014 to October 2014 (4 months) Austin, Texas AreaSales Manager & HR Coordinator @ - Lead day-to-day human resources activities and manage event sales.
- Payroll administration, weekly payroll processing, review time records, and act as contact for inquiries/issues related to payroll.
- Coordinated recruitment process including posting positions, screening candidates, reference checks and interviews.
- Responsible for on-boarding process, offer letters, new hire paperwork, I-9s, training schedules and orientation.
- Organized and supervised the maintenance of digital and paper employee files and ensured complete accuracy and confidentiality.
- Employee assessment and preparation of employee appraisal reports.
- Updated HRIS to add and terminate employees, track employment certifications, maintain employee records,submit tax withholding information, salary/pay rates, and direct deposit information.
- Leave management and benefits administration.
- Address employee conflicts and grievances with diplomacy and tact.
- Workers compensation claims.
- email marketing
- Revamp local website to make it more user-friendly and informative.
- Develop a presence on social media sites such as Facebook to promote special events and offers, share information, and increase brand awareness.
- Write press releases and foster working relationships with food and life writers at local and state magazines and publications such as the Austin-American Statesman, Texas Monthly, and Austin Monthly.
- Work with National Sales Manager on the creation of a Sharepoint site used as a tool for communicating with other sales managers.
- Promote brand throughout the Austin community by participating in local events and organizations such as the Austin Film Festival, La Dolce Vita, SXSW, University of Texas Neighborhood Longhorns Program, Paramount Theatre partnership, University of Texas Performing Arts program, and Texas Food and Wine Festival.
- Promote brand to local and national businesses via social networking events and business networking organizations. From September 2001 to June 2014 (12 years 10 months)
B.A., English @ The University of Texas at Austin From 1997 to 2001 Nida Sellers is skilled in: Interviewing Skills, Internet Recruiting, Recruiting, New Business Development, Human Resources, Employee Benefits, Benefits Administration, Applicant Tracking Systems, SmartSearch, SharePoint, Google Docs, HRIS, Staffing Services, Microsoft Office, Management
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension