Digital Media Advisory Board Member @ ROI Influencer Media
Self-Managed DJ @ RWD
Front-End Web Development @
General Assembly NYC
Educated in psychology and molecular biology/chemistry with laboratory research experience in molecular neurobiology and neurogenetics at the NIH (NIAAA) in Washington,
Educated in psychology and molecular biology/chemistry with laboratory research experience in molecular neurobiology and neurogenetics at the NIH (NIAAA) in Washington, DC.
Also interested in research and theories in neuroscience (contemplative science, consciousness, perception, computational neuroscience) and parallels that can be drawn between these and programming and modern technology.
Founder, Developer @ • Website design for creative individuals and small businesses with WordPress and related tools. Strong focus on intuitive design, clean aesthetic and creative content development, working closely with clients to develop content that accurately reflects brand values.
• Online marketing and community management involving the creation of social media campaigns to perpetuate word-of-mouth advertising. Google Analytics, Webmaster tools and SEO techniques heavily utilized.
• Consulting and project management for additional multimedia including video editing, DVD authoring, online research, study structure and more. From January 2012 to Present (4 years) Digital Media Advisory Board Member @ Development and maintenance of online media and websites including online marketing, SEO, site optimization and other consulting. From May 2014 to Present (1 year 8 months) Greater New York City AreaSelf-Managed DJ @ • Weddings, corporate events and club gigs setup and DJed. Coordination with venues and couples to ensure a perfect event.
• Cross-browser testing and device optimization as well as legacy browser optimization.
• Collaborative design of website concepts, flyer design and manipulation, image and video editing and other media-related projects using the Adobe Creative Suite and similar programs.
• Consistently meeting deadlines and falling within budget on projects while delivering high quality product. From December 2014 to November 2015 (1 year) Greater New York City AreaClinical Research Associate @ • Participant recruitment through screening hospital data for qualifying patients and consenting interested individuals.
• Continued coordination of study details including ensuring patient adherence and proper specimen handling and storage.
• Database and schedule management, document and flyer creation and distribution, event planning and travel coordination.
• Worked with IRB submissions and grant writing. From March 2010 to September 2010 (7 months) Neuroscience Laboratory Research Fellow @ • Primarily studied the neurodegenerative genetic disorder, Cockayne Syndrome, as well as other related neurogenetic disorders.
• Utilized fresh-frozen and formalin-fixed post-mortem human and animal brain samples to assess cellular and molecular differences between diseased and control samples.
• Molecular techniques included nucleic acid extraction and isolation and gene expression analysis. (qRT-PCR, Affymetrix & Illumina Microarrays, Laser Capture Microdissection, etc)
• Presented work and conclusions both in-house and at destination meetings. Collaborated with scientists across the globe. Worked closely with a small team under the direction of PJ Brooks, PhD. From June 2008 to April 2010 (1 year 11 months) Private Tutor @ •Taught at various skill levels including elementary English for Korean students as well as SAT Prep and college level biology, chemistry and statistics.
•Adapted to students’ skill levels to create and implement individualized lesson plans that greatly improved test scores and course grades.
•Created individualized organizational charts, creative diagrams and study aids to enhance students’ comprehension. From March 2006 to March 2010 (4 years 1 month)
Looking for a different
Nicole J. Patten?
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension