Senior Director, Global Cloud (SaaS) Services @ Alcatel-Lucent
Vice President, Global Outsourcing (BPO) Practice @ Volt Information Sciences
Vice President, North American VoIP Division @ Integrated Research
Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.), Management Studies (Oxford's MBA) @
Profit-driven senior executive with a consistent record of driving operational process, productivity, efficiency and bottom-line improvements at software and professional services organizations. Customer and quality-focused leader who optimizes the end-to-end customer experience lifecycle through tactical execution and operational excellence. Scorecard and metric-driven expert specializing in Six-Sigma, LEAN Concepts and Agile development. Product management leadership yielding 7 software
Profit-driven senior executive with a consistent record of driving operational process, productivity, efficiency and bottom-line improvements at software and professional services organizations. Customer and quality-focused leader who optimizes the end-to-end customer experience lifecycle through tactical execution and operational excellence. Scorecard and metric-driven expert specializing in Six-Sigma, LEAN Concepts and Agile development. Product management leadership yielding 7 software patents. Global experience guiding highly-skilled teams on 4 continents. Oxford University MBA.
Senior Director, Global Cloud (SaaS) Services @ Senior Executive with direct authority for P&L, strategic planning, pre-sales initiatives and the customer experience, pricing, and distribution strategy for the premise and cloud-based Enterprise offerings (Networking, Voice & Communications, and Call Center solutions). Manage all pre-sales, sales and channel functions with a team of 18, a P&L of over $65 million and annual TCV of over $200 million.
• Significantly improved customer satisfaction to obtain 97% renewal rates on service contracts of three years or greater by implementing follow-the-sun Level 1 & 2 support in 3 global regions.
• Interfaced with technology and engineering management to provide customer input, product analysis and future requirements to help shape and prioritize the product roadmap.
• Introduced new SOW scoping and pricing methodology to improve revenue predictability from 86% to 98% actual revenue obtainment per dollar forecasted, reducing delta from 14% to 2%.
• Worked closely with corporate CFO in the financial modeling of the SaaS operations with emphasis on the cross-modeling and break-even analysis of the traditional premise-based business. Optimized the SaaS operations, margin and OPEX-CAPEX cross-over points.
• Conducted a Six-Sigma review of all implementation functions that improved on-time SLA performance by 87% and reduced charge-backs by over $2 million per annum.
• Introduced 30 key operational KBIs and quantitative metrics and implemented a management scorecard dashboard and “stop light” system to track operational efficiency and effectiveness.
• Grew new SaaS / Cloud new signings by 414% in less than four years and increased SaaS / Cloud recurring revenue by 87% CAGR over the same time period.
• Created SaaS and Pro Services pricing book and standardized across all three global regions. From 2010 to Present (5 years) Vice President, Global Outsourcing (BPO) Practice @ Head-hunted by the CEO to start Volt’s Globalization & BPO practice (VOLT|reach) as a new division within the $2.4 Billion company. Led the business operations strategy & planning, pre-sales and customer experience lifecycle, all business development initiatives and held matrix responsibility for the operational execution of the four Global delivery service centers in India and Uruguay.
• Oversaw the efforts to ensure compliance and certification of ISO 9001 (Quality Management) and ISO 27001 (Information Security) in all Volt|reach delivery centers.
• Instituted New ERP System Flow and created the Order to Cash (O2C) business process flow in SAP for the new service offering: including order entry, fulfillment, distribution, invoicing, payments / collections, and deductions / RMAs. Trained the AR team on the new process.
• Created the business strategy and worked closely with the domestic sales teams to move onshore service engagements offshore resulting in increased average delivery margin of 465%.
• Maintained gross operating margin of nearly 70% compared to the domestic average of 15%.
• Led the unit’s three Global call center operations (Tier 1&2 support) based in Bangalore, India.
• Re-engineered the customer experience call schema / flow that resulted in a 38% reduction in average hold time, 42% reduction in average call length, 39% increase in issue resolution rates and saved $3 million per annum in OPEX for the call center operations.
• Achieved the best Sarbanes-Oxley audit of any operating unit in 2008 & 2009.
• Built the division from zero to over 350 full-time professional service seats in 24 months. From 2008 to 2010 (2 years) Vice President, North American VoIP Division @ Directed P&L, sales, operations, marketing and business development for the Unified Communications (UC) and Voice-over-IP (VoIP) management product suite resulting in double-digit annual growth. Led a national team of per-sales, implementation and support resources. Actively managed all key business metrics and operational initiatives and regularly presented the results to both the CEO and the board. From 2004 to 2007 (3 years) Vice President, Business Development & Alliances @ Oversaw the strategy, distribution, marketing and technical product requirements for Precise Software’s new J2EE monitoring business. Pioneered the early product development and oversaw the initial pilot implementations. Created a strategic go-to-market plan through Alliances with the leading platform vendors and initiated, negotiated and closed key relationships with IBM, HP and BEA Systems to integrate and resell the product suite. Directed a 20-person team that covered product engineering and all pre-sales, implementation and sales functions. Veritas acquired Precise Software Solutions in 2002. From 2001 to 2004 (3 years) Greater Boston AreaProduct Manager to Vice President, Strategy.com (SaaS) @ Reporting to the CEO, co-founded an innovative e-CRM consumer Software as a Service (SaaS) offering as a wholly-owned subsidiary called Strategy.com. Directed P&L, business strategy & planning and new product introduction. Hired and led a 52 person team that covered all non-technical functions: operations, sales, professional services, customer support, product management and marketing.
• As the initial Product Manager, gathered all customer requirements, designed, configured and developed using Agile the first six service offerings resulting in 7 unique SaaS patents (below).
• Collaborated with program management to create product documentation, user guides, technical manuals, training materials and white papers for customer and partner events.
• Working closely with the national sales teams, drove $12+ million in recurring annual royalties / usage fees and $50+ million in attributable revenue (includes custom software development and professional services) in first 18 months while maintaining 3X traditional operating margins.
• Using a Six-Sigma framework, designed and implemented the entire customer lifecycle experience (including O2C, Day 0 & 1 technical support, Level 1 & 2 customer support).
• Assisted the CEO in establishing a Series A round of financing that raised $52 million in funding.
• Organized, planned and executed a 15% reduction in headcount (approx. 35 FTEs) in late 2000 as part of a broad company restructuring while maintaining business unit operating margins. From 1997 to 2001 (4 years)
Post-Master's Research in Organizational Behavior @ Cambridge University From 1996 to 1997 Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.), Management Studies (Oxford's MBA) @ Oxford University From 1994 to 1996 Bachelor of Science in Economics (B.Sc.Econ), Double Degree in Economics & Management Studies @ University of Wales, Cardiff From 1990 to 1993 Nicolas J. Orolin is skilled in: SaaS, Enterprise Software, Professional Services, Cloud Computing, Strategic Partnerships, Solution Selling, Go-to-market Strategy, Channel, Salesforce.com, Lead Generation, Partner Management, Sales Enablement, Business Development, Product Management, Direct Sales
Looking for a different
Nicolas J. Orolin?
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension