2004 Associates Degree, Network Specialist, 3,83 @
ITT Technical Institute-Little Rock
With over fifteen years of experience in the information technology industry at major French and European actors of the software edition, bank and insurance businesses, Nicolas has acquired a very rich experience. Strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills, Nicolas' professional commitment through innovation, customer focus and bias for action have provided high levels of customer satisfaction
With over fifteen years of experience in the information technology industry at major French and European actors of the software edition, bank and insurance businesses, Nicolas has acquired a very rich experience. Strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills, Nicolas' professional commitment through innovation, customer focus and bias for action have provided high levels of customer satisfaction even when reaching beyond his responsibilities to meet short notice expectations.
His strong SysOps skillset includes but not limited to AWS Cloud, International Project Management, Training and a strong OpenSource & UNIX background (SunOS Solaris 8/9/10, Tru64, Aix 5.2/5.3, HPUX, RHEL, SUSE, Debian & OpenBSD).
EMEA Technical Trainer @ AWS offers Training and Certification programs to help you develop skills to design, deploy, and operate your infrastructure and applications on the AWS Cloud. Whether you are just getting started or looking to deepen your technical expertise, we have a variety of resources to meet your needs. Discover on-demand tools, technical classes, and certifications to help you on your journey with AWS.
While delivering a broad range of sessions from introductory level (AWSome Days, AWS Technical Essentials, AWS Business Essentials), to advanced courses (Architecting/Advanced Architecting Concepts on AWS, System Operations on AWS, DevOps Engineering on AWS, Big Data on AWS); AWS Technical Trainers contribute to Presentations, Hands-on Labs and the material used in and around the sessions, like events, meetups and talks.
Additional contributions and challenges taken on by AWS Technical Trainers include content localization, live demos, training and mentoring of new hires and use of multiple programming languages and paradigms to teach best practices to audience.
More details: http://aws.amazon.com/training/ From May 2015 to Present (6 months) FranceFounder @ • Startup technical advisory & consulting From January 2014 to Present (1 year 10 months) FranceEMEA Technical Trainer @ From November 2014 to May 2015 (7 months) LuxembourgPrincipal Technical Consultant @ Adding Technical Advisory to my previous position's responsibilities. From January 2014 to November 2014 (11 months) Paris Area, FranceSenior Principal Consultant France @ Team Management
• Team members Training/Management.
• Training & Certification of Partners.
• Meeting/Event Organization/Lead.
• YSoft SafeQ Training (all levels)
• Support workflow definition
Problem & Incident Management
• Incident resolution, action plans definition and SLA rollout.
• Delivery planning and application.
• Demand workflow definition (Partner/End Customer relationship management).
• Complex environment solution deployment.
• Disaster Recovery Plan definition/validation/rollout.
• Solution customization around Magnetic Cards, SmartCard, PKI, PIV-Card, CAC-Card technologies.
• Solution customization around YSoft SafeQ (MPS Migration to YSoft SafeQ, Paperless Solutions, IP Fax, Google Apps/Cloud Integration).
• Support team virtualized environment (vmware 5.5 cluster/136vcpu+1.87tb ram/4.7tb storage - Dell Hardware) administration.
International Project Management
• French product/documentation localization.
• Multi-site deployments with complex infrastructure.
• Global Major Accounts (GMA, GMA t1, GMA t2) architecture/deployments/support. From September 2012 to January 2014 (1 year 5 months) Paris Area, FranceTechnical Evangelist @ Envision & Deploy business critical solutions around OpenBSD, OpenSource/Commercial software and greener IT solutions.
• OpenBSD wifi(+dhcpd)/mail(+antispam+webmail)/web gateway deployment.
• Conception, Deployment & maintenance of High Availability environments.
• Cloud hosted mail solutions.
• Symantec Endpoint Protection Server/Client Infrastructure deployment.
• International Project Management.
• Information Systems Auditing.
• Business Provider.
• Government & Public institutions key markets IT Infrastructure using Green IT solutions.
• VMWare VSphere cloud Infrastructure.
• Technical Recruiting. From January 2008 to February 2013 (5 years 2 months) Paris Area, FranceBusiness Applications Manager @ • ITIL 2011 Certification in progress.
• Application deployment and integration, with on call support management.
• KPI (key performance indicator) development with Production and UAT metrics integration
• Visual Tom (VTOM) interfacing for Production follow-up From October 2011 to June 2012 (9 months) Paris Area, FranceCIB Transversal Project Manager @ CIB Global storage rationalization - Budget: 2.4 M€
o Procedures establishment, key exchange and Microsoft SharePoint spaces.
o Tools optimization and standardization to enhance communication between Production and Infrastructure teams.
o Front/Middle/Back Office Project Management & Validation Comity
o Set up weekly follow up meetings with Production & Infrastructure teams (27 ETP PARIS, FRANCE).
o Project validation on both technical & financial aspects.
CIB Global Server Pool Technological Refresh - Budget: 5.2 M€
o Evaluation and consolidation of the servers to be replaced (Applicative pre-reqs, criticality, etc..) and of the Operating Systems to migrate according to application compatibility (OS, SP level, etc.) .
o Planning servers replacement operations by batches. From January 2011 to July 2011 (7 months) Paris Area, FranceGECD Production Engineer - Central Applications - Business Services @ Problem & Incident Management
• Incident resolution, action plans definition and SLA rollout.
• Disaster Recovery Plan mobilization.
• Industrialization processes integration (ITIL) & KPI.
• Team members Training/Management (2 ETP MUMBAI & 2 ETP NEW YORK).
• Delivery planning and application.
• Demand workflow definition (Atlassian Jira).
• Applicative & Batch servers virtualization (60 servers)
• Technical specifications definition alongside with MOA/MOE for applicative evolutions.
• Monitoring & batch chains recovery mechanism definition and application (Perl, Shell, Sysload, Tetracall, $Universe).
• Batch chains Conception & Refresh (3000 chains/day on 20 $Universe servers).
• Worldwide Market Data Service Applicative Support level 2-3 (PARIS, HKG, TOKYO & NYK) & Oncall applicative support (Very High Availability: 24/7/365 – Multilevel SLA/Short MTTR).
• Tools development: Perl, Shell, PHP, Groovy, Batch.
• Dedicated to Warrants clients support.
• Daily used/managed technologies/tools:
o $Universe (Dollar Universe), Weblogic, Versant, Orbix, Tangosol, Clustering Veritas, CFT, Sysload, Tetracall, Introscope Wily, Corba, Beta testing of Orsyp solutions within GECD environment. From February 2008 to January 2011 (3 years) Paris, FRANCEUNIX / Windows Administrator @ • Administration, applicative and OS maintenance of the client’s UNIX pool :
o SunOS Solaris 8, 9 & 10, Tru64, Aix 5.2, 5.3, HPUX and Linux (mainly RedHat et SUSE) with production constraints (H24/7 ; 365D availability).
• Software on call (Critical & Production applications)
• Hardware on call (Sun, Sun 15k, IBM, HP, Digital, Compaq, EMC, NetAPP, etc …) for the entire UNIX pool.
• OS and Applicative maintenance on HPUX clusters
• Planned/Unplanned interventions on the UNIX pool (OS and Applicative).
• « Disaster Recovery Plans » setup, installation and rollback procedures creation, conforming to client’s (SLA) development plans.
• Incident and Alerts management via HPSD 4.5 (HP OpenView).
• Introduction to Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM), EVA & EMC technologies. From March 2007 to February 2008 (1 year) Paris Area, FranceUnix Administrator and SCM Support @ • Administration (Oracle9i), maintenance and developments in Shell (recurring tasks automation, existing scripts maintenance) and PLSQL on the SCM (Source Code Manager, multi-site versioning application) application.
• Management of a 50 machines UNIX pool (Solaris, AIX, Linux) & Windows (2000, xp, 2003) hosting the application, its components and private WAN interconnected (France Télécom MPLS) clients.
• Windows 2003 server certification of the SCM application (applicative port, installation documentation, automated installation DVD generation and load tests) and Oracle 10g; Installation onto production servers of the application following this certification. This applicative portage is the reference for any new production install.
• Maintenance and development of the SCM IS (Information System) via Shell, php, mysql and oracle (9i).
• Created automated daily reports for availability and performance of the application.
• Data restoration in the scope of « Disaster Recovery Plans » (Sarbanes Oxley – SOX Audit) and production crashs. From January 2005 to March 2007 (2 years 3 months) Paris Area, FranceFounder @ Started the company around UNIX security and web hosting / streaming for small business and non-profit organisations.
The company was disolved in march 2007.
• Remote server maintenance & administration ; upgrade, backup running OpenBSD
• Remote operating system and applicative administration (apache, php, MySql, OpenSSH, bind, etc. …) via a homemade administration portal.
• Client billing, user & system management via a homemade portal using php, mysql & berkeleydb. From March 2002 to March 2007 (5 years 1 month) Little Rock, Arkansas AreaJunior Web Developper / System Administrator @ • Managed projects and a team of three.
• Website creation and maintenance for key accounts (OrbeaUSA, Democratic Party of Arkansas).
• Dedicated UNIX servers administration & maintenance. From September 2002 to May 2004 (1 year 9 months) Little Rock, Arkansas AreaFreelance Unix Administrator @ • Implement LAMP solutions on Production Servers
• Basic System Administration
• Manage Backup solutions From December 1999 to September 2002 (2 years 10 months) Little Rock, Arkansas AreaAdministrator/Webmaster @ • Managed hosting and mail servers migration, their configuration, maintenance and backup solutions.
• Developed the new version of the site using technologies such as: ForMAIL, webtrends, php (automated the flyers creation in PDF, on-line trip booking), perl cgi, SSI (Server Side includes). From March 2000 to June 2002 (2 years 4 months) Little Rock, Arkansas Area