International Baccalaureate, English language @
Nick started his career as a business analyst at Innopay and worked there as a consultant heading the digital identity practice for over two years. In July 2014 Nick moved to Deloitte and is currently working as a managing consultant on strategy projects for major players in the cyber industry, focusing on strategy and proposition development regarding
Nick started his career as a business analyst at Innopay and worked there as a consultant heading the digital identity practice for over two years. In July 2014 Nick moved to Deloitte and is currently working as a managing consultant on strategy projects for major players in the cyber industry, focusing on strategy and proposition development regarding identity management (e.g. eID, BankID, IAM) and cyber strategies/transformations.
Specialties: Business development, Business strategy (growth/market entry), Digital identity (eID & IAM), Innovation management, Management consulting, Market/product assessment, Project management (multi-stakeholder), Strategy consulting
Manager @ Working as a Manager within the Cyber Risk Services department. Working mainly on strategic projects regarding digital Identity Management (eID & IAM) and impactful security strategies/transformations. Key clients include large corporates, banks and public sector. From October 2015 to Present (3 months) Executive Board Member @ IDnext association is an open and independent platform to support and facilitate innovative approaches in the world of the Digital identity, create awareness about the Digital Identity, provide a knowledge and networking community for experts in IT, Business and Marketeers as a European centre of expertise, and to ensure that everyone connected with the assocation stays at the forefront of technology, services and business by supporting innovation and by stimulating and supporting knowledge exchange and collaboration.
IDnext association disseminates knowledge and experience. On a variety of themes, using expertise within the world of IT and Business, it is further an independent not-for-profit network organisation uniting a variety of experts in the world of the Digital Identity; e.g software vendors, system integrators, service and knowledge providers, advisors, governmental organisations, research and knowledge institutions.
More information: www.idnext.eu From July 2014 to Present (1 year 6 months) Junior Manager @ Joined Deloitte as a Junior Manager within the Cyber Risk Services department. Working mainly on strategic projects regarding digital Identity Management (eID & IAM) and impactfull security strategies/transformations. Key clients include large corporates, banks and public sector. From July 2014 to September 2015 (1 year 3 months) Consultant @ Started early 2012 as a Business Analyst at Innopay. Worked as a consultant in the digital industry, working on platform and product strategies in two-sided markets. Our key practices included digital identity, online payments, mobile payments, e-commerce and e-business. At Innopay Nick was the practice lead regarding digital identity.
- eID scheme, supported the business model development of the Dutch eID scheme.
- Qiy, World's first personal data scheme, which enables a personal domain for users where their privacy is ensured.
- E-commerce & KYC strategy for an international bank that copes with high risk and high fraudulent online transactions to advise them upon the future of their e-commerce business.
- Strategy development for major Credit Card association: Provided insight in main trends in the European PSP landscape and translated these in strategic implications.
- Market overview of online age verification in the Netherlands (see publications). The report has been cited in the Dutch chambers (1st & 2nd) of parliament.
- Whitepaper in collaboration with a well-respected payment service provider about the emergence of DISPs (see publications).
- Simplerinvoicing: project on behalf of the Ministry of Economic Affairs. Supported a consortium of ERP / Accounting software vendors and e-invoicing providers in developing a e-invoicing scheme.
- Content responsible for several conferences: e.g. Global Payment Summit 2013 and Online Betaal Congres 2014. From February 2012 to July 2014 (2 years 6 months) Utrecht Area, NetherlandsProject Manager 'Open Innovation In The Space Sector' @ Project management of an open innovation concept which is based on an in-depth comparison between high innovative companies and companies in the space sector From June 2011 to January 2012 (8 months)
Ir. / MSc., Industrial Engineering, Innovation Management, With Honors @ Technische Universiteit Eindhoven From 2006 to 2012 International Baccalaureate, English language @ AnnvanRijn From 2000 to 2006 Nick Smaling is skilled in: Management Consulting, Project Management, Identity Management, Business Strategy, E-commerce, New Business Development, Innovation Management, E-identity, Coaching, Information Technology
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension