Bachelor of Science, Economics @
Claremont McKenna College
Data Analyst, Business Development @ I do analytics and statistical modeling for Uber's business deals, domestically and globally. From September 2015 to Present (2 months) San Francisco, CaliforniaSenior Analyst @ From July 2015 to September 2015 (3 months) Menlo Park, CaliforniaAnalyst @ Performed rigorous statistical analysis, data manipulation, and visualization as a consultant in commercial litigation matters.
Data Analyst, Business Development @ I do analytics and statistical modeling for Uber's business deals, domestically and globally. From September 2015 to Present (2 months) San Francisco, CaliforniaSenior Analyst @ From July 2015 to September 2015 (3 months) Menlo Park, CaliforniaAnalyst @ Performed rigorous statistical analysis, data manipulation, and visualization as a consultant in commercial litigation matters. Supported experts in preparing for deposition and trial testimony. Briefed partners and experts on results of analysis.
Examples of Relevant Work Include:
- Used Cox Proportional Hazard and propensity score matching models on tens of millions of U.S. mortgages to identify factors that predicted default.
- Assessed the impact of high-profile proposed merger between two large mobile phone companies by modeling how much consumers valued signal strength, download speed, etc., and predicted market response to merger.
- Used D3 and Tableau to create interactive data visualizations and maps for securities, telecom, and healthcare cases.
- Lead and mentored team of five analysts in interest rate manipulation case involving complicated text parsing and data aggregation.
- Gave firm-wide trainings on R and helped pioneer use of R at Cornerstone. From July 2013 to July 2015 (2 years 1 month) Menlo Park, CaliforniaSummer Associate - Advisory @ Provided consulting to financial services clients. Corrected false assumption in client’s strategy by analyzing data with advanced functions and pivots in Excel. Owned part of final report for $600,000+ engagement. From June 2012 to August 2012 (3 months) Boston, MassachusettsResearch Assistant @ Co-authored research paper with professor; presented research findings at the American
Political Science Association (APSA) conference; only undergraduate in panel to present
Edited articles for professors prior to submission to top academic journals such as World Development
Developed all econometric models for research with professor From May 2010 to April 2012 (2 years) Analyst Intern @ Built vector autoregression model to estimate GDP and earnings-growth relationship for US markets
Lead team of researchers in identifying and obtaining key datasets to build 35-variable model
Advised project manager on asset allocation decisions based on findings from model From August 2011 to December 2011 (5 months) Trainer @ Mentored five groups of 10+ representatives in communication, teamwork, and study skills
Taught language-acquisition skills to representatives prepare them for service in South and Central America
Pilot-tested and advised developers on new language acquisition program now being implemented worldwide From August 2009 to May 2010 (10 months) Provo, Utah AreaExecutive Director's Assistant @ Designed brochures for annual golf tournament which raised over $40,000, a 7% increase from previous year
Edited grant applications which ended up generating over $25,000 for the foundation From July 2007 to August 2007 (2 months)
Bachelor of Arts, Economics @ Brigham Young University From 2009 to 2013 Bachelor of Science, Economics @ Claremont McKenna College From 2006 to 2007 Nick Jones is skilled in: Programming in Stata,..., Econometrics, Editing, Microsoft Office, Analysis, Research, Economics, Microsoft Excel, Teaching, Financial Analysis, SAS, Spanish, SPSS, Stata, Statistics, Financial Modeling, Due Diligence, PowerPoint, Policy Analysis, International Relations, Data Analysis, Antitrust Economics, R, Market Research, Quantitative Analytics, Qualitative Research, Public Speaking, Investments, Regression Analysis, Microeconomics
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension