Pivotal, the company at the intersection of big data, PaaS, and agile development, helps companies transform into great software companies. It starts with Pivotal CF, a turnkey platform-as-a-service, powered by Cloud Foundry, solution for agile development teams to rapidly update and scale applications on a private cloud that can be instantly expanded and upgraded with no downtime,
Pivotal, the company at the intersection of big data, PaaS, and agile development, helps companies transform into great software companies. It starts with Pivotal CF, a turnkey platform-as-a-service, powered by Cloud Foundry, solution for agile development teams to rapidly update and scale applications on a private cloud that can be instantly expanded and upgraded with no downtime, allowing enterprises to innovate with disruptive speed.
Pivotal CF is a comprehensive PaaS that can be deployed on multiple cloud environments to deliver a turnkey experience for scaling and updating PaaS with no downtime. Pivotal CF Services help create a PaaS ecosystem with differentiated data services such as Mobile, Hadoop, Visual Analytics, Messaging and MySQL. No other vendor in the industry offers a comparable PaaS platform that can support the range of services enabled in Pivotal CF.
Driving the demand for PaaS is the trend of software being the competitive edge across all industries. This trend has unleashed a new generation of developers driving a deep shift in platforms and processes. These developers work in agile teams and demand a platform that allows them to continuously deliver updates to and horizontally scale their applications with no downtime. They seek standardized ways to plug in leading data services and perform deep user analytics on top of massive datasets to drive rapid iteration based on customer needs.
Pivotal offers a modern approach to technology that organizations need to thrive in a new era of business innovation. Our solutions intersect cloud, big data and agile development, creating a framework that increases data leverage, accelerates application delivery, and decreases costs, while providing enterprises the speed and scale they need to compete.
Recruiter @ From May 2015 to Present (8 months) Toronto, Canada AreaRecruiter @ - Successfully filled 20 full-time positions during first five months within the organization including; 2D Artist, 3D Artist, Data Scientist, Flash Scripter, Producer, Operations, Product Manager, Programmer(iOS)
- Develop a network of contacts with applicants and various educational institutions and agencies
- Coordinate hiring needs with managers, conduct interviews, work with managers to create and update job descriptions
- Greet applicants for tests, explain the instructions to them, and follow up with managers on completed tests
- Conduct orientations and assist with the onboarding of new employees
- Participate in hiring events (school visits/job fairs including University of Toronto, Humber College)
- Assist with the coordination of employee relocations including international work permits and permanent residents
- Assist with the submission of Labour Market Impact Assessment (formerly Labour Market Opinion) From October 2014 to April 2015 (7 months) Toronto, Canada AreaResource Development Manager @ - Liaise with account managers to discuss hiring needs of clients were met with qualified candidates in a high speed high pressure environment
- Awarded company MVP in second month with the company by filling most requisitions in the month on March
- Fill various requisitions in the technical field from Sr. Executives to entry level candidates
- Conduct phone, in person, technical, and exit interviews for all candidates
- Recruitment lead for software development with a focus on Open Source, Mobile (iOS, Android)
- Worked on both Permanent as well as Contract staff via VMS Solutions (Fieldglass, Beeline) From February 2014 to October 2014 (9 months) Toronto, Canada AreaAccount Manager @ - Partnered with hiring managers, internal recruiters, IT managers, and business leaders to identify hiring needs, provide consultative recruitment support, and source internal/external talent to meet business unit hiring commitments
- Provided guidance and direction to businesses and recruiters on all matters related to recruitment
- Collaborated with a team of 4 recruiters as well as 3 analysts to ensure we qualify candidates through quality recruiting calls, collaboration and teamwork
- Attended recruitment and industry events including Silicon Halton Meetups, Communitech Recruitment Events, and Blackberry Launch’s to increase industry knowledge and candidate pool
- Presented MSP and VMS Solutions to client Global Business Units both locally and remote (via WebEx conference)
- Provide weekly and bi-weekly recruiting reports by utilizing the reporting function within our applicant tracking system
- Obtained and maintained relationships through client calls and customer focus
- Developed understanding of multiple Contingent Workforce Solutions & Management products to service Enterprise Level Clients From October 2012 to February 2014 (1 year 5 months) Toronto, Canada AreaTechnical Recruitment Consultant @ - Screened resumes as well and conducted telephone interviews to ensure candidates met job requirements
- Managed candidate job offer process including, reference checks, security checks, as well as onboarding and start date confirmations
- Processed and managed high volume of recruitment requirements for both contract and fulltime permanent positions in development, infrastructure, and project management
- Wrote concise effective job postings to attract top candidates and ensured they were entered correctly into e-Recruitment applicant tracking system (ATS)
- Used networking, internet tools, and cold calling to source both passive and active candidates
- Developed and leveraged innovative sourcing channels which produced a steady stream of qualified talent
- Contributed to the continuous improvement of recruitment practices and resources From February 2012 to November 2012 (10 months) Toronto, Canada AreaAssistant HR Coordinator, Office Assistant @ Scott Manor is a private 24-hour care residence providing care for adults and seniors with special needs, as well as physically and mentally challenged individuals. Provides long and short-term care.
-Boosted department productivity by implementing a consistent food scheduling program for seamless training of new staff
-Processed orders and assisted with payroll and scheduling with MS Excel Spreadsheets and MS Word
-Communicated routinely with clients to ensure accurate and proper filling of prescriptions From September 2010 to February 2012 (1 year 6 months) Ontario, CanadaMarketing and Public Relations Intern @ From May 2011 to August 2011 (4 months) Ontario, CanadaLead Communications Consultant @ Glentel Inc is a leading provider of innovative and reliable telecommunications services and solutions in Canada and the United States. Founded in 1963 and headquartered in Burnaby, BC, GLENTEL comprises three operating divisions, Retail Canada, Retail US, and Business.
- Consistently within top five associates in South Western Ontario District for sales as an individual
- Hired, trained and mentored new and current staff members towards meeting company sales and business standards
- Responded to customer inquires and resolved conflicts to ensure client retention
- Reorganized store and business operations with a resulting $1000 reduction in monthly operating costs, while increasing sales by 30% From January 2008 to February 2010 (2 years 2 months)
Bachelor of Arts, Sociology @ McMaster University From 2004 to 2009 Orchard Park Secondary School Nicholas Grant is skilled in: Technical Recruiting, Recruiting, Human Resources, Interviews, Contract Recruitment, Screening, Applicant Tracking Systems, Talent Acquisition, Training, Onboarding, Networking, Management, New Business Development, Leadership, Sourcing, IT Recruitment, iOS Development, Staffing Services, Benefits Negotiation
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension