Board Member @ Hemet / Temecula Employer Advisory Council
Associate of Science (AS), Accounting and Finance @
Riverside Community College
An accomplished Human Resources Professional [SPHR] with an expert generalist background in all areas of Human Resources, including employee relations, recruiting and retention, training and development, benefit administration and Safety - Proficient knowledge and experience in California and Federal employment laws, ensuring company compliance and coordination with the laws – Regional and area management experience with multiple
An accomplished Human Resources Professional [SPHR] with an expert generalist background in all areas of Human Resources, including employee relations, recruiting and retention, training and development, benefit administration and Safety - Proficient knowledge and experience in California and Federal employment laws, ensuring company compliance and coordination with the laws – Regional and area management experience with multiple locations - Highly motivated and able to rapidly assimilate new environments, programs, policies and procedures - Leader in managing corporate change, mergers and acquisitions - Focus on building strong relationships and promoting productive working environments through positive employee relations.
I build strong business and professional relationships creating partnerships with executive managers, department managers and supervisors. I train and develop managers and supervisors in coaching for improved performance, positive employee relations, interviewing and selecting, termination procedures. company policies and procedures and no harassment policies.
I am positive, energetic, and dedicated to achieving my objectives and living my values. I build trust and believe in absolute fairness, honesty and integrity in everything I do. I ensure that every human interaction is caring, courteous and respectful even when carrying out difficult decisions. I bring seasoned leadership and guidance to all organizational levels.
I am a Human Resources Manager who will favorably impact your bottom line through positive employee relations.
Specialties:Labor Law, Employee Relations, Investigations, Leaves of Absence Compliance, Workers' Compensation Management, Safety Training, Benefit Analysis and Contract Negotiations, COBRA Administration, Orientations, Mergers and Acquisitions, Job Analysis, Job Descriptions, Compensation Analysis, Needs Analysis, Coach and Trainer, Positive Employee Relations Training, HRIS, Writer, Internet Research, Recruiting, Interviewing and Selecting
Vice President, Human Resources @ From June 2012 to Present (3 years 5 months) 225 W. Carl Karcher Way, Anaheim, CA 92801Director, Training @ Past President
Coordinate video resume workshops and schedule, Workshop Facilitator, Coach, Update materials, locate motivational and informational speakers
• Completed 3T Master Train the Trainer Workshop, Certificate.
• Current Certificate of Sexual Harassment Prevention for CA Managers, May, 2010
• Coach for members preparing for the Team Corona, Workforce TV video resume taping
• Promote Experience Unlimited as the best source for highly skilled and motivated professional employees through the Employer Advisory Councils, SR HR Roundtables, SHRM, PIHRA and other Networking groups. From September 2007 to Present (8 years 2 months) Corona, CABoard Member @ Board member since 1998 - Past Chairperson - Past Treasurer From 1998 to Present (17 years) Human Resources Generalist @ Assist the HR Director with recruiting, reorganization, compliance, writing HR policies and procedures
• Created detailed recruiting procedures in all stages of recruiting from justification of requisition through hiring, including orientations, employee files, ID cards and entry into the payroll system.
• Designed a requisition tracking system for instant information on the status of all requisitions
• Developed training materials for recruiting, pre-employment process, hiring process and termination process. From May 2011 to September 2011 (5 months) Grand Terrace, CARegional Employee Relations / Human Resources Generalist @ Western Region HR presence - Directed and investigated Western Region employee relations issues - Assured compliance with Federal and State employment laws - Facilitated corporate training programs
• Provided manager / supervisor training and support in positive employee relations throughout the Western Region
• Conducted complete Xpress Global regional warehouse visits stressing safety and compliance and promoting the company open door policy visiting with employees; preparing comprehensive site reports for senior management
• Guided and trained managers, supervisors and employees on policies and procedures From October 2008 to August 2009 (11 months) Colton, CAHuman Resources Manager / Business Partner @ Southern California HR presence - employee relations investigations, location surveys, employee orientations - Provided overall compliance and consistency in employee discipline reports and termination procedures
• Quickly acclimated new employees on their first day by conducting new hire orientations introducing the company, important policies and procedures and diversity training; held every third Monday.
• Improved morale and productivity by working with site managers and employees to provide a positive environment focusing on employee success through commitment, mentoring and training From February 2008 to May 2008 (4 months) Temecula, CAHuman Resources Manager @ Established consistency and compliance between locations, providing common policies and procedures – Employee relations investigations, created and conducted orientations, safety training and management training, analyzed workers’ compensation claims, and coordinated leaves of absence – 401(k) auditing and turnover reports and analysis – enhanced termination procedures and supervised payroll clerks and receptionists
• Reduced turnover by developing a multi-location Excel program to track terminations within each department for each location’s General Manager and created an owners consolidated report of each location, ending with a complete report of all locations. This report tracked turnover percentage and reasons for leaving, noting areas of concern and possible solutions
• Implemented a paperless file system, scanning all paperwork and shredding the originals reducing annual cost over 35% and providing rapid access to information From January 2003 to September 2007 (4 years 9 months) Heme, CAContract Recruiter @ Interviewed and Selected qualified applicants for mortgage loan positions from production managers to administrative assistants, creating behavioral questions to determine quality of core competencies through past performance
• Analyzed applicant responses to identical behavioral questions to determine and recommend best applicants to hire
• Consulted with temporary services to locate qualified temporary employees which comprised 20% of the staff From 2001 to 2003 (2 years) Riverside, CAHuman Resources Administrator @ Assured compliance in company benefit plans, workers’ compensation, coordinating and monitoring leaves of absence, administered unemployment claims and COBRA – Recruited, interviewed and selected
• transitioned payroll from Hemet Federal Savings to Guaranty Bank - recognized as the easiest and most error free transition that Guaranty Bank experienced.
• Liaison and communicator between the actuary and Hemet Federal Savings employees in the distribution of the Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
Payroll/Benefits Administrator (1995 – 1999)
Hemet Federal Savings, Hemet, CA
Implemented and presented company payroll, benefit plans and compensation program ensuring integrity and security of data – Conducted and analyzed workers’ compensation claims, leaves of absence, unemployment claims and retirement
• Programmed computer process for employee performance appraisals reducing preparation time from 4.5 days to less than one hour.
• Automated processes from handwritten to computer and created access reports to reduce time in producing accurate and timely personnel reports. From June 1995 to December 2000 (5 years 7 months) Hemet, CA
Human Resources Management and Services @ Chapman UniversityAssociate of Science (AS), Accounting and Finance @ Riverside Community College Nancie Jo Reynolds is skilled in: Employee Relations, Employment Law, Mergers, Job Descriptions, Job Analysis, COBRA Administration, Internet Research, Needs Analysis, Investigations, Workers Compensation, Coaching, Leadership Development, Benefits Administration, Compensation, Team Building, Strategic Planning, Organizational..., Performance Management, Policy, Process Improvement, Change Management, Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Interviewing, Problem Solving, Compliance, Mentoring, Payroll, Excel, Conflict Resolution, Hiring, Benefits, Word, Negotiation, Budgeting, Onboarding, PeopleSoft, Microsoft Office, HR Policies, Succession Planning, Vendor Relations, Employee Benefits, Workforce Planning, PowerPoint, Employee Engagement, Administration, Customer Relations