An accomplished Software Engineer with extensive industry experience in Development and Test Automation. Highly knowledgeable in areas of Application Development, Test Methodologies, shipping multiple releases of developer platforms (SDKs). Developed and tested Mobile Applications for Windows Phone, always current with latest industry trends and mobile technologies. An innovative individual with excellent sense of Teamwork and ability to
An accomplished Software Engineer with extensive industry experience in Development and Test Automation. Highly knowledgeable in areas of Application Development, Test Methodologies, shipping multiple releases of developer platforms (SDKs). Developed and tested Mobile Applications for Windows Phone, always current with latest industry trends and mobile technologies. An innovative individual with excellent sense of Teamwork and ability to drive issues to resolution.
Work Status: Permanent Resident (Green Card)
Senior Software Engineer in Test @ From October 2014 to Present (1 year 3 months) Greater Seattle AreaSoftware Development Engineer in Test II | SDET II - Windows Phone 8.1 & Windows 8.1 @ Full-time Employee of Microsoft Corporation in the Windows Phone Application Platform team. Responsible for shipping a quality SDK to the developer community that is shipped with Visual Studio on a regular cadence.
• Developed test strategies working closely with Windows team for converged Test automation using C# and WinRT that works with both Phone and Windows Application Platforms.
• Delivered on high-profile WP signature Controls like the Pivot, used in many native apps to WP.
• Managed testing strategy for WP Design team, unblocked technical issues and managed deliverables.
• Owned team-wide quality ownership for SDK which maintained RI quality and managed dependencies.
• Reported concise bugs with good repro steps and detailed debugger analysis (using WinDbg and VS) for quick hand-off to developers based on right prioritization.
• Developed mobile apps, to simulate real world usage scenarios around data-binding, navigation, list scrolling and manipulation of app data to catch corner-cases that were not covered via automation
• Worked closely with Program Managers and Developer counterparts to prioritize features, bugs, deliverables and asses risks. From October 2012 to October 2014 (2 years 1 month) SDET II - Windows Phone 8 @ • Owned quality of high profile features from WP7 like App Bar, System Tray, common UI Controls and new signature WP Controls like the Pivot.
• Reverse-engineered real world customer apps which identified issues related to Application Compatibility.
• Reached out to customers to unblock their scenarios by providing suggestions for working around issues.
• Championed App Development for WP using SDK tools, developed test apps to ad-hoc test areas outside of ownership exposing many issues related to integration of various platform features.
• Successfully managed an intern and his project related to WP Test Framework. From October 2011 to October 2012 (1 year 1 month) SDET - Windows Phone 7 & 7.1 @ • Developed automation using C# for testing app features from a real-world usage perspective.
• Owned testing of high profile features like Application Bar, System Tray and some UI Controls for WP that are now used extensively by thousands of apps in the store.
• Managed training and test scenarios for contractors conducting daily manual testing of apps and features.
• Trained and mentored new members of the team to bring them to par with current Test methodologies From March 2009 to October 2011 (2 years 8 months) SDET - System Center Mobile Device Manager @ • Tested multiple versions of SCMDM, software used to manage Windows Mobile 6.X devices for enterprises.
• Developed Test Automation using C# and Microsoft internal frameworks for the UI of SCMDM client.
• Developed 100+ test cases that cover extensively Functional, Performance and Stress scenarios.
• Developed tools to facilitate Localization and Globalization testing that were used by other testers. From July 2007 to March 2009 (1 year 9 months) Software Engineer Intern @ Worked with a Software Engineering Team, was responsible for testing Nokia’s proprietary software before its release.
• Tested nearly 20 different versions of Nokia’s Service Software for CDMA, TDMA & GSM phones.
• Worked efficiently to meet deadlines and managed to increase testing domain by over 50%.
• Experienced in writing Technical Bulletins about new products in their Pre-production phase.
• Provided Technical Support to other teams newly introduced to the service software.
• Conducted presentations for weekly and monthly team meetings. From January 2006 to August 2006 (8 months)
Master's of Science, (M.S), Computer Science Engineering @ The University of Texas at Arlington From 2004 to 2006 Bachelor's Degree, (B.S), Computer Science Engineering @ Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University From 2000 to 2004 High School @ Little Flower Junior College, Hyderabad, A.P.High School @ Balwearie High School, Fife, Scotland Nadeem Mohammed is skilled in: C#, Test Automation, Software Engineering, Mobile Applications, Mobile Devices, Windows Phone, .NET, Visual Studio, Agile Methodologies, Testing, Software Design, Silverlight, Test Automation Framework, Integration, Distributed Systems, Application Compatibility, Scrum
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension