Bachelor of Engineering (BE) @
Western Michigan University
Lead Performance Engineer @ From assessing a need for improvement, getting all requirement information, building necessary tools to test systems, and to testing, analyzing and getting to meaningful inferences; All things performance at Tibco Mashery (formerly a part of Intel). From February 2015 to Present (9 months) San Francisco, CaliforniaSoftware Engineer in Quality || @ • Developed
Lead Performance Engineer @ From assessing a need for improvement, getting all requirement information, building necessary tools to test systems, and to testing, analyzing and getting to meaningful inferences; All things performance at Tibco Mashery (formerly a part of Intel). From February 2015 to Present (9 months) San Francisco, CaliforniaSoftware Engineer in Quality || @ • Developed and Implemented Test Processes while coordinating with the QuickBooks Online Product Development and Operations teams to ensure testing mimic real world scenarios and volumes to expose potential coding, infrastructure or configuration issues before going live.
• Responsible for analyzing enterprise application performance and bottlenecks to evaluate and
recommend development best practices in order to ensure Application is reliable, available and meets the Service Level Agreement.
• Used SilkPerformer, JMeter for generating load in order to Performance Test QuickBooks Online application.
• Developed reg-ex queries and dynamic Splunk dashboards/forms to retrieve production volume, error and time metrics to validate and debug performance tests
• Extensively used dynatrace APM for pure-path break down analysis of API calls in order to identify bottlenecks in oracle database queries and/or java methods.
• Used dynatrace client to take memory/heap snapshots (trending & deep analysis) to profile the heap usage for the QBO application. Identified memory leaks due to unreferenced java objects.
• Used dynatrace to capture thread snapshots and CPU samples in order to study the
application behavior under load and to uncover any CPU intensive method calls along with waiting or blocked threads.
• Hands on experience debugging production issues using dynatrace, Splunk to uncover the root cause of excessive garbage collections on JVMs, high CPU or exceptions.
• Developed python programs and vba scripts to automate Performance Test result historical comparison of results, publishing of reports to QuickBase database. Also developed linux shell scripts to automate linux server related tasks required to maintain the Performance Environment. From July 2013 to January 2015 (1 year 7 months) Mountain view, CASenior Performance Test Engineer @ • Lead a team of testers to manage iterative testing a customized application, enhancements and integration with the in-house applications. (Membership System)
• Provided guidance to the testers in areas such as web-service testing (using SOAPUI), database testing (using MS SQL Server Management Studio) and functionality of the integration points of the different systems.
• Lead the designing of automation framework in Mercury QuickTest Pro for automation to take place for regression scripts for multiple Membership-System applications.
• Met with the business analysts to define the critical scenarios required for performance testing and used Mercury LoadRunner (VuGen, Controller and Analysis) to execute load tests for Vantage Member System.
• Created and enhanced HTTP/Web/Flex/AMF protocol based scripts using VuGen and executed Stress, Load and Duration tests using LoadRunner Controller software. Provided detailed reports and performed analysis on the test results using LoadRunner Analysis software.
• Extensively involved in customizing VuGen scripts and worked on enhancements such as capability to perform database validation, performing web service soap calls and worked with and Web/HTTP, Web services and FLEX/AMF protocols.
• Responsibilities included server-side monitoring for .NET application servers, SQL Server and IIS in order to find bottlenecks in application performance and resource utilization using Perfmon (Windows Performance Monitoring) counters.
Responsible for analyzing enterprise application performance and bottlenecks to evaluate and recommend development best practices in order to ensure reliability, availability and Service Level Agreement.
Various software used to provide metrics and statistics for Server performance as well as Customer Experience, software such as, HP Performance Center, LoadRunner, Compuware Dynatrace, Wily Intrope, HP Sitescope and Windows Performance Monitoring. From August 2010 to July 2013 (3 years) Naperville, ILAutomation/Performance Engineer @ • Worked as a test automation/performance engineer for Claims application called eZAccess.
• Involved in the Planning and scheduling for testing resources for automating the regression test cases and coordinated with QA team for test data and understanding of regression test cases
• Involved in the Requirements and Design sessions for better understanding of the scope of the projects involved in the releases
• Managed a team of 3 Automation analysts while helping them with on-hands Quick Test Pro scripting support as well as any business/functional or technical queries of the automation resources.
• Delivered automated scripts using Automated Framework in Quick Test Pro using Keyword driven techniques.
• Worked as a performance tester and was involved in gathering performance test requirements, reviewing application architecture and its crucial flows
• Involved in scripting/modification/correlating the LoadRunner script in VuGen (Virtual User Generator) and scheduling test runs on the Controller for eZAccess Data Management application (eZDM). From September 2009 to August 2010 (1 year) Schaumburg, ILTest Analyst Technical - Automation/Performance @ • Designed and developed Test plans, Test Cases, Test Summary Reports and executed system test cases based on the Functional and Technical requirements.
• Reported and tracked defects using Lotus Notes and IBM Rational ClearQuest.
• Used IBM Rational Test Manager, ClearQuest, and Rational Manual Tester for developing test cases.
• Developed and executed data driven GUI, automated functionality and regression scripts for Life Insurance application in SilkTest using a modular approach and Interfaced SilkTest with MS Access database for the test data.
• Used Borland SilkPerformer to execute step, load and stress tests to measure and report response times, server resource (Memory and CPU) utilization to the Infrastructure team for IBM lifecycle (Web Clients, Native Clients and ODBC Server-Client based) applications.
• Actively participated in network monitored Single User Tests, step/load tests using SilkPerformer to optimize applications for the most resource intensive transactions.
• Used Rational Software Architect (RSA) and Silk Performer’s Java explorer to create performance scripts for Performance Testing IBM lifecycle applications.
• Coordinated with offshore team in the development of an Automated Regression Testing Framework and actively involved in providing the offshore team support/guidance for the 3-tiered object oriented framework in RFT.
• Designed and executed automated regression test scripts using Rational Functional Tester and developed core-library that used a dynamic object technology eliminating use of RFT Object Map and reducing the maintenance cost.
• Extensively performed goal oriented exploratory testing, functionality testing, security testing, integration testing and back-end testing
• Worked on a migration effort for converting SilkPerformer scripts into LoadRunner 9.1 scripts and provided a proof-of-concept for performance script migration to LoadRunner (VUGen 9.1) From June 2005 to August 2009 (4 years 3 months) Bloomington/Normal, Illinois Area
Bachelors of Sciences, Computer Engineering @ Minnesota State University, Mankato From 2001 to 2004 Bachelor of Engineering (BE), Computer Engineering @ Western Michigan University From 2001 to 2002 BS, Computer Software Engineering @ Hamdard University From 1998 to 2001 Muhammad B. is skilled in: JMeter, Java VisualVM, Dynatrace, Test Planning, LoadRunner, Test Automation, System Testing, Splunk, Jenkins, YourKit, Oracle SQL Developer, ClearQuest, Java, Puppet, SoapUI, Test Management, QTP, Silk Performer, Microsoft SQL Server, Linux, Integration Testing, Eclipse, Bash, SDLC, Performance Tuning, SQL Tuning, SilkTest, Rational Performance..., Test Automation..., Web Services, SOAP, Java Enterprise Edition, .NET, Quality Center, Wily Introscope, IIS, SiteScope, C++, Integration, DB2, Software Quality..., memory profiling, Oracle SQL, Load Testing, Quest Foglight for SQL, WebSphere Portal, iOS development, ASP.NET, Gatling, MySQL
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension