Senior Financial Planning Analyst @ * Planning and Analysis – Support achievement of organization’s financial targets for G&A and FDE by actively participating in building the Annual Operating Plan (AOP), identifying and communicating risks and opportunities, period/quarterly forecasting & analysis, preparing quarterly cause of change walks for KFC Global, reviewing G&A spending with the KFC leadership team
Senior Financial Planning Analyst @ * Planning and Analysis – Support achievement of organization’s financial targets for G&A and FDE by actively participating in building the Annual Operating Plan (AOP), identifying and communicating risks and opportunities, period/quarterly forecasting & analysis, preparing quarterly cause of change walks for KFC Global, reviewing G&A spending with the KFC leadership team (LT) members to promote stewardship and achievement of KFC’s operating profit target. Responsibilities include employee-related costs (salaries, benefits, bonus), project costs, T&E and soft costs.
* Initiatives including analysis and presentations for KFC Global updates, LT Project Reviews, AOP and various franchise meetings. Enlist the assistance of the Financial Planning Analyst on an as-needed basis to achieve team goals and timelines.
* Period Close Process – Assist Sr Manager, Financial Planning and Finance Team with period close duties, including working with Control team to identify variances, minimize risks and maximize opportunities related to Operating Profit and performing trend analysis. Convert analysis into actionable plans and influence cross-functionally to implement. From September 2015 to Present (4 months) Louisville, Kentucky AreaFinancial Planning Analyst @ IT Financial Planning, Forecasting, Analysis & Reporting
• Plan and forecast approximately multi-million IT budget, including all BOH program revenues and expenses as well as other IT project spending on innovation.
• Minimize financial, legal, and business risk through disciplined approach to review and governance.
• Review period results 1:1 with KFC IT leadership team and with CIO and Director of Finance.
• Update forecasts for IT budget on a quarterly basis, working with the IT department to identify risks and opportunities.
• Monitor compliance with the financial aspects of the IT agreement such as ensuring that only appropriate types of costs are billed to the franchisees.
• Provide annual audit reconciliation report on KFC IT software assets and services in a clear and concise way to ensure transparency. Select products during the year to perform internal compliance audits.
• Support and manage ad hoc audits of IT financials which include franchisee and KFCC IT fees, third party vendor costs, and internal above-restaurant KFCC costs.
Franchise Royalties and FDE Planning, Forecasting, Analysis and Reporting
• Plan and forecast Franchise Royalties including working closely with various teams to include the impact of SSS growth, rent income and development.
• Partner with the Accounts Receivable team to explain Franchise Royalty variances to forecast and identify and communicate risks/opportunities.
• Plan and forecast FDE including bad debt expense, rent expense, franchise advertising and other franchise support costs.
• Achieve accurate plans and forecasts by partnering with various departments, including Franchise Finance, Restaurant Excellence, Legal, Property Accounting and IT.
Plan and monitor all Project spending across all departments (including marketing, HR, Ops, IT, Development, etc).
• Periodic meetings with leadership of each department to monitor and forecast spending From August 2014 to Present (1 year 5 months) Louisville, Kentucky AreaHQ Analyst (International Control) @ • Co-lead the period HQ G&A close process, analyzing actuals vs. forecast, researching actual charges for accuracy, and coordinating with HQ Finance on variances to identify risks or opportunities.
o Independently identified areas of opportunity in the AP load process and took initiative to coordinate with key players on implementing changes that resulted in reduced processing time.
• Steward of Intercompany Accounting for specific international markets, ensuring timely analysis and reconciliation of YRI HQ intercompany accounts with field markets.
o Resolve disputed balances, confirm periodic balances and press markets for settlement within the established guidelines.
o Strengthened controls to ensure the accuracy of royalty payments received from the field.
o Took initiative to quickly build strong working relationships with peers in the field enabling effective collaboration and issue resolution. Working directly with Dallas departments (primarily IT) to timely bill to markets or record and amortize software and licensing expenses.
• Facilitate and support Tax and Treasury on MFA/CSA accounting, and BSA/ISLA accounting. Responsible for a comprehensive review of the agreements and communicating changes in expenses charged to the markets for the intellectual property rights or per the established service agreements.
• Lead the quarterly review of all international market prepaid balances and other LT liabilities, analyzing Controller’s decks for adjusting entries necessary to ensure reporting accuracy. Create related QBR deck pages utilized by leadership in the quarter end reporting process.
• World Hunger Relief (WHR) Program liaison with PR and international WHR Finance Ambassadors within each market. Responsible for reconciling reported cash collections from markets and reporting results to PR for communication to leadership. Provide guidance to Finance Ambassadors on accounting inquiries to influence accuracy flow-through to results reported. From May 2013 to August 2014 (1 year 4 months) Louisville, Kentucky AreaSenior Auditor @ Completion of audits of financial statements, internal controls and other agreed-upon procedures
Experience in healthcare, automotive and manufacturing industries.
Detail review of Forms 10-K and 10-Q for SEC registered clients.
Performance of procedures related to SEC filings of debt offerings and other registrations.
Design of procedures for purchase accounting related to acquisitions and related pro forma filings.
•Development of client-specific audit programs to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
•Coordination with clients’ internal audit departments to ensure audit assistance is properly planned and executed to maximize SOX testing and substantive audit procedures.
•Research of various technical accounting standards and issues along with communication of findings and proposed solutions to supervisors.
•Significant supervisory experience as lead senior on audit engagements
Responsibility for effectively managing teams of 1 to 4 staff members.
Leadership of understaffed teams to complete high-quality audits within client deadlines.
•Completion of performance reviews for staff members, including development plans. Participation in recruiting activities and evaluation of potential intern and full-time candidates.
•Member of the Louisville office’s People’s Advisory Board for 2010 to 2013. From September 2009 to May 2013 (3 years 9 months) Louisville, Kentucky AreaAudit Intern @ Assist with conducting internal control testing and quarterly review of Form 10-Q for publicly traded client. From June 2008 to August 2008 (3 months)
BS in Accounting, International Business Minor @ University of Louisville From 2005 to 2009 Morgan CGMA is skilled in: Internal Controls, Accounting, Auditing, GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley Act, SEC filings, CPA, Leadership, Internal Audit, Recruiting, External Audit, Financial Accounting, US GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley, Financial Planning, Financial Forecasting
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension