Director, Regional Sales Operations @ Harley-Davidson Motor Company
Consistently top-performing sales and marketing leader with more than 24 years of broad-based experience and progressive responsibility in producing profitable results for Fortune 500 companies. Highly regarded for communication, organizational, and analytical qualities that contribute to effective, collaborative leadership in product-launch management, retail channel sales, marketing, communications, franchising, strategic planning, and corporate strategy. Possess extensive background in
Consistently top-performing sales and marketing leader with more than 24 years of broad-based experience and progressive responsibility in producing profitable results for Fortune 500 companies. Highly regarded for communication, organizational, and analytical qualities that contribute to effective, collaborative leadership in product-launch management, retail channel sales, marketing, communications, franchising, strategic planning, and corporate strategy. Possess extensive background in both domestic and international market operations. Successful career is complemented by relevant, formal education.
Product Launch • Retail Sales • Marketing • Strategic Planning • Project Management • Negotiations
Staff Management • Cross-functional Collaboration • Resource Management • International Business
Cost Reduction • Business Partnerships • Global Operations • Wholesale Operations • Training
Business Growth • Team Leadership • Profit Building • Consumer Communications • Organization Development • Change & Transition Management
Director of Marketing for Parts, Accessories, & General Merchandise for North America @ From July 2015 to Present (5 months) Director, Channel Strategy @ Guided development and implementation of enterprise-wide, customer-focused, retail strategies to enable future sales growth and consumer segment & dealer market development.Supervised three direct reports and a 35-member team to develop short-, mid-, and long-term retail strategies, and ensure alignment and integration of strategic initiatives with core, functional operations. Evaluated customer requirements, retail trends, current and future opportunities, and identified implementation roadmaps for foundational-strategy execution.
• Directed the first-ever, enterprise-wide, multi-year, global strategy to transform retail channel operations and redefine the H-D customer experience.
• Produced both domestic and international execution roadmaps within 12 months by leveraging and integrating cross-functional teams and resources.
• Developed guiding principles for H-D’s 1400 global, independent dealers and all internal employees, and defined a customer-led, future-state, customer experience.
• Led organizational design efforts to define the optimal global field organization structure to improve responsiveness to our worldwide dealer network. Solution identified a common & scalable structure, roles with differentiating capabilities, and critical supporting help-chains. From September 2010 to July 2015 (4 years 11 months) Director, Regional Sales Operations @ Led a team of six district managers in an expanded geography of 16 states to support business growth of all new H-D and Buell products.
• Enabled and ensured consistency of field execution by developing a district strategy planning and review process that drove focus, alignment, and collaboration among cross-functional, field resources—process was adopted throughout North American operations. From March 2008 to September 2010 (2 years 7 months) Regional Sales Manager @ Directed both wholesale and retail operations for all H-D products through 72 dealerships in an eight-state area; oversaw four district managers and two retail performance managers.
• Achieved 7.3% revenue growth for H-D and an additional 23.1% for Buell through leveraging core team strengths and focused objectives.
• Attained the #1 performance ranking in the U.S. in 2007. From March 2007 to March 2008 (1 year 1 month) Lincoln Car Communications Manager @ Managed all national consumer communications and in-market marketing launch activities for Lincoln. Directed a 200-person, Young & Rubicam Agency team to conduct zero-based planning, develop dynamic and efficient communication strategies, and implement in-market launch plans. Administered a $75M communications budget to facilitate targeted, multi-channel exposure and consideration. From July 2006 to March 2007 (9 months) Product Launch Manager @ Communicated with Marketing, Communications, Engineering, Design, Plant Operations, and Field Operations to facilitate aligned, integrated, and on-time new vehicle launches.
• Reduced Corporate Marketing prototype costs $4M by championing product-reveal timelines and collaborating with Product Development to validate build costs.
• Supervised launch activities for 18 concurrent, new car and truck programs; maintained flawless, on-time execution.
• Ensured consistency of execution and application of lessons learned by developing and implementing a dynamic, new-vehicle product-launch process that was adopted for all Ford vehicle brands.
• Improved collaboration and efficiencies among diverse activities by instituting a comprehensive and collaborative process for new-product launch. From March 2003 to October 2005 (2 years 8 months) General Zone Manager @ Trained and mentored new zone managers in business acumen and negotiation techniques. Capitalized upon cross-functional collaboration to develop early, quality fixes for concerns discovered during launch.
• Developed and piloted a field-level, quality resolution process for new models, which resolved identified concerns within 24 hours of discovery.
• Achieved more than 100% of wholesale objectives by successful management of field sales operations for dealerships in the Pacific Northwest and Alaska. From September 2000 to March 2003 (2 years 7 months)
Bachelor of Arts, Marketing; Sales Management specialization @ Michigan State University From 1986 to 1990 Brother Rice From 1983 to 1986 Mike Peyton is skilled in: Product Launch, Market Share, Automotive, Cross-functional Team Leadership, Product Development, Competitive Analysis, Vehicles, Product Marketing, Marketing Strategy, Strategic Planning, Product Planning, Market Planning, Sales, Management, Integrated Marketing
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension