Enthusiastic, detail focused individual with comprehensive infrastructure and development experience keen to find new challenges in an IT role. Currently working as a business intelligence developer and aiming to continue in this field. Ability in providing quality solutions to complex business problems and delivering I.T business systems to the end to end testing of new systems and
Enthusiastic, detail focused individual with comprehensive infrastructure and development experience keen to find new challenges in an IT role. Currently working as a business intelligence developer and aiming to continue in this field. Ability in providing quality solutions to complex business problems and delivering I.T business systems to the end to end testing of new systems and services within scope, budget and tight schedules.
Business Intelligence Team Lead @ From October 2015 to Present (3 months) London, United KingdomBusiness Intelligence Developer @ • Working in a small team to develop a new Business Intelligence MOLAP solution for a large retail company using SCRUM methodology. Involved SQL Server, Integration Services (SSIS), Analysis Services (SSAS) and Reporting Services (SSRS), Powershell and C# scripted tasks.
• Designed and created using the Kimble “Star-Schema” Methodology.
• Role covered all aspects of BI, Including; data modelling, development of the ETL, Cube design, MDX calculated members and the creation of front end reporting and dashboards.
• Use of “BI Office” by Pyramid Analytics for front end reporting. Included creation of advance reports, dashboards and scheduled reporting.
• Ability to write calculated measures in MDX using various functions (LinkedMember, Dynamic Sets, ParallelPeriod, VisualTotals etc)
• Regularly liaising with business analysts to model the Dimension/Fact/Cube design.
• Administration of the Data Warehouse, including Schema creation, filegroup config, indexing, constraints etc
• Administration of the Cube, including creation of aggregations, partitions, role membership etc.
• Projects within the team included, optimising the cube processing performance via dynamic use of process adds and updates on our measure group partitions and dimensions; Optimising the ETL through re-writing SQL stored procedures in a more efficient manner; and creating Facts and Dimensions for entirely new business processes (Sales, Stock, Purchase Orders etc).
• Various types of code written as part of the nightly incremental job. This included C# to launch SSIS packages and build dynamic XMLA processing commands and Powershell (using AMO and SMO) for ad-hoc tasks and monitoring.
• Also, general management of the project: Meetings with project stakeholders, creation and administration of tickets/tasks in the project, scheduling, documenting and carrying out deployments. From March 2014 to October 2015 (1 year 8 months) London, United KingdomApplication Support Analyst @ • Working in a small rapidly expanding IT company, with frequent Sprints (Every 2-4 weeks)
• Responsible for maintaining and improving our application on multiple environments. Also responsible for deployments.
• Acting as second line support, which involved regularly liaising with colleagues and clients over the phone and via email.
• Some Java development work, including creation of a Java Swing and Web Application for use of internal staff.
• Preventing outside attacks to our environment (DDOS etc) and working with our auditors to ensure compliance.
• Worked on tasks including the creation and conversion of public/private SSL keys, SQL data migrations, Webserver migration and moving our production environment to a new data centre.
• Use of Unix, including installing and maintaining applications (Apache HTTPD, MySQL, security software etc), and maintaining the server itself (updates etc).
• Consisted of occasionally being on call and working from home. These would require us to find a fix/workaround in a short time span without assistance from anyone else.
• Monitoring server/network performance and acting where needed. Use of various tools to do so (netTools, SoapUI etc)
• Company provided legal documentation for shipping transactions; these transactions would need to be carried out within a strict timeframe. Ability to work under pressure when problems arose.
• Other skills used included; Understanding SMTP logs; writing HTML and CSS stylesheets; configuring cloud based Load Balancers; some VB, amending various configuration forms and occasional writing of Java and Pearl.
• Acting team leader role when the team leader is absent. Attending planning and process meetings, scheduling deployments, ensuring work allocated to the team is completed and liaising with clients/service providers etc. From June 2011 to March 2014 (2 years 10 months) London, United KingdomSenior Developer @ From 2014 to 2014 (less than a year) Application Support Analyst @ • Problem solving required when undertaking the resolution of software support requests placed through the Service Desk thus ensuring that problems and system downtime are kept to a minimum and, where necessary, systems and services are resumed as soon possible.
• Ownership and management, where appropriate, of software support calls through both the in-house technical support and/or through external third parties where required, ensuring effective problem management and resolution.
• Undertaking the provision of internal application support for both 1st and 2nd line (i.e. up to and including the determination of technical software fixes / enhancements.
• Ensuring that all software is appropriately documented.
• To ensure the required levels of management reporting are carried out on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
• Ensure that an adequate and effective data and system back-up routines and DR / BC plans are in place, tested and meet business requirements where appropriate for the supported products..
• Supporting a rapidly expanding SQL server based application across numerous databases.
• Capable of writing SQL reports to support our sales staff and contract management teams across the UK.
• Supporting a Visual Basic sourced application and managing its licensing / re-licensing.
• Managing ACL’s for Windows user accounts.
• Ability to look forward and find methods of improving our staffs/the clients’ use of IT systems. From October 2009 to June 2011 (1 year 9 months) London, United Kingdom
Mike Martin is skilled in: Microsoft SQL Server, Service Delivery, Agile Methodologies, SQL, Application Support, Team Leadership, Apache, Business Analysis, Business Intelligence, SSAS 2008, SSIS
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension