Construction Manager @ Distinctive Design and Remodeling
Bachelor's Degree, Architecture and Planning @
The Catholic University of America
Outgoing and energetic, I am a construction manager seeking to bring presentation skills and on-site quality control experience to the development and execution of construction projects. I have spent five years overseas working with multicultural teams to supervise Chinese and South American general contractors in large scale commercial projects. I'm currently looking for the right firm to
Outgoing and energetic, I am a construction manager seeking to bring presentation skills and on-site quality control experience to the development and execution of construction projects. I have spent five years overseas working with multicultural teams to supervise Chinese and South American general contractors in large scale commercial projects. I'm currently looking for the right firm to dedicate my career maximizing value of design and effectiveness of construction in the execution processes on unique design and build projects. With a formal architectural design background and extensive experience in construction management roles I believe that I will help integrate schematic concepts with practical applications for a more sustainable development.
Junior Fit Out Manager @ - Directed routine fit out inspections certifying construction quality met design requirements and international standards.
- Streamlined and standardized inspection processes through development of inspection protocols and templates.
- Facilitated cross-cultural communication in construction progress meetings with Rwandan client representatives, Chinese contractor, and German consultants, ensuring deliverables were met according to agreed schedules.
- Gathered tender package documentation and managed sub-contractors for front-of-house joinery works, loose furniture, fixtures, and equipment, and operating supplies and equipment items in five-star 296 key Radisson Blu hotel. From November 2011 to July 2014 (2 years 9 months) First-Line Supervisor @ - Consolidated quality assurance documentation as on-site owner representative in residential restoration, office, and hotel building projects.
- Monitored cost control schedules from several contractors (general and subcontractors) and summarized findings to stakeholders thru various spreadsheets, infographics, and other mixed media.
- Assessed procurement and contract tender packages as primary construction supervisor for a foreign entity, Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany, advising in the assignment of contractor. From June 2009 to August 2011 (2 years 3 months) Construction Manager @ - Designed and built custom homes, residential extensions, and interior remodeling jobs.
- Developed building estimates and construction schedules to propose and conclude bargaining negotiations.
- Pressed for appropriate residential building permits required to construct custom homes from the Fairfax County Government offices of Virginia. From May 2008 to June 2009 (1 year 2 months) Project Coordinator (part-time) @ - Energy analysis of indoor environmental quality (IEQ) credits, demonstrating natural light and exterior views in 75% of spaces.
- Prepared project documentation for LEED submission to the USGBC on first Alexandria County Government building (DHS). Successfully receiving first LEED EB silver certification, and eighth in the State of Virginia. From November 2006 to May 2009 (2 years 7 months)
Master’s Degree, Real Estate Development @ Georgetown University From 2015 to 2017 Bachelor's Degree, Architecture and Planning @ The Catholic University of America From 2003 to 2008 Associate's Degree, Applied Sciences - Major in Architectural technology @ Northern Virginia Community College From 2000 to 2003 High School Diploma, Standard diploma @ Lake Braddock Secondary School From 1996 to 2000 Miguel A. Garcia is skilled in: Construction Management, Project Management, Construction, LEED, Management, AutoCAD, Project Estimation, Revit, Contract Negotiation, Microsoft Office, Pre-construction, Project Planning, Value Engineering, Microsoft Project, Architectural Design, Cost Control, Construction Supervision, Monitoring/Assessing performance
Looking for a different
Miguel A. Garcia?
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension