Product Manager, Productivity Suite (Worksheets) @
I strive to empower my team to build something bigger than I ever could alone. I have an undying curiosity about everything around me and will never stop asking "why". I am passionate about working closely with designers and developers to create the best implementation possible. I never want to stop learning from myself, colleagues, and our
I strive to empower my team to build something bigger than I ever could alone. I have an undying curiosity about everything around me and will never stop asking "why". I am passionate about working closely with designers and developers to create the best implementation possible. I never want to stop learning from myself, colleagues, and our users.
Technical Product Manager @ Delivered well thought-out and elegantly designed product by working with executives, designers, developers, QA and research from customers. Monitored KPIs and scoped out features while keeping projects on track. Ensured an effective and efficient workflow and healthy, clear communication throughout the team and company.
• Increased productivity by creating an optimized process from the ground up by bootstrapping Agile methodologies to specific team and company needs
• Led daily standup and managed bi-weekly sprints and retros in an Agile environment using Pivotal Tracker
• Managed priorities across multiple in-house and remote teams between software, firmware, hardware, medical regulations, and supply chain management
• Participated directly in development on features to better understand the technology stack
• Established a user-testing practice, creating a channel for critical early prototype feedback and thus improved overall design and user satisfaction
• Spearheaded the redesign and user testing that brought the Kindara app up to modern UX and visual styles From November 2014 to November 2015 (1 year 1 month) Java and Game Design Academy Instructor @ Taught teens an introduction to programming principles and game design utilizing Java to modify the decompiled code of the popular game, Minecraft. Set personal goals to establish a strong and thorough understanding of programming concepts, Java, and problem solving for each student so that they could further their individual interests in software and game development in the future.
• Focused on creating a solid foundation in Java and object-oriented programming using exciting mediums
• Constantly readjusted and improved communication and teaching methods for each students’ needs
• Developed daily curriculum, lesson plans, and engaging activities based on class’ ability and interests
• Applied behavioral management skills to enforce rules and foster a safe environment From May 2014 to August 2014 (4 months) Lead Operations Coordinator @ Worked closely with the Assistant Director in the managing and coordinating of diverse operations in the Student Center. Ensured that the facility was able to operate efficiently by allocating necessary resources and staff.
• Created complete Student Handbook from scratch and with minimal direction from supervisor
• Gathered and fulfilled requirements from multiple department heads in allotted time period
• Researched and aggregated detailed job descriptions by organizing coworkers and assigning tasks From September 2013 to June 2014 (10 months) Software Development Intern @ Designed and developed the company’s Java Enterprise REST API platform as a developer, functional analyst, and QA analyst. Collaborated with project managers, developers, and functional analysts on multiple business-significant projects. Synchronized development using Agile methodology, Git repositories, Maven builds, and Rally cards while exploring new technologies and solutions to present to team.
• Created ticket-escalation tool for QA utilizing existing Clarify database, JDBC and SQL
• Prepared materials and led training for customer-facing UI use and the API support team
• Effectively captured functional requirements and delivered exceptional product as envisioned by stakeholders From April 2013 to September 2013 (6 months) Office Assistant @ Managed administrative, customer service, and security-related tasks while greeting and assisting visitors from in and outside the Engineering and Computer Science community.
• Assisted Director of Marketing and Recruitment with department events and developments
• Conducted information seminars and tours for prospective students
• Enthusiastically volunteered to present Engineering and Computer Science ideas to grade school students From September 2010 to May 2012 (1 year 9 months)
Bachelor of Science, Computer Science @ University of Denver From 2010 to 2014 Michelle Baird is skilled in: Java, Computer Science, C++, Agile Methodologies, Leadership, Project Management, Software Development, Communication, Product Management, User Experience, Mobile Applications, Wireframes, User Interface Design, User Acceptance Testing, User Experience Testing
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension