Michael is a leading Industry Executive and Senior Business Leader with extensive domestic and global experience at the most senior levels of premier organizations. He is firmly established as a thought leader in deal structuring and negotiation, construction law, contract law and general corporate law, enterprise wide risk management, complex problem solving and dispute resolution, team building
Michael is a leading Industry Executive and Senior Business Leader with extensive domestic and global experience at the most senior levels of premier organizations. He is firmly established as a thought leader in deal structuring and negotiation, construction law, contract law and general corporate law, enterprise wide risk management, complex problem solving and dispute resolution, team building and insurance and surety strategy and structuring. Among his accomplishments, Michael has been recognized for leadership in the risks and opportunities underlying green design, construction and ownership. Michael has built a reputation as being the individual that the Company’s most senior leadership turns to to solve complex problems or achieve key results. Michael also is known for building high performance teams focused on client satisfaction to deliver results that exceed expectations.
Specialties: deal structuring and negotiation, procurement, building high performance teams, achieving results, construction law, contract law, general corporate law, software licensing, contract drafting and negotiation, dispute resolution, risk management, green building, insurance, surety, m & a, human resources, branding, marketing, sales, creative problem solving,
Executive Vice President, Chief Construction Officer @ Responsible for leading and managing all construction operations, including strategy, business operations, construction operations and technical services for one of the largest luxury residential Real Estate Investment Trusts in the United States, operating in 9 major markets on the east and west coast, with annual construction work in place of over $1 billion. From June 2014 to Present (1 year 5 months) arlington vaCorporate Vice President, Global Procurement & Travel @ Responsible for managing global procurement, travel and corporate card programs for this Fortune 500 company that serves clients in more than 130 countries, with approximately 45,000 employees and and annual revenues of around $8.2 billion. From May 2012 to May 2014 (2 years 1 month) Greater New York City AreaSenior Vice President, Corporate Operations @ Responsible for assisting operations with the management of construction risk throughout the Construction Services group. Named Interim Director of Human Resources. Appointed to a leadership role in Global Procurement for Tishman's parent company, AECOM. From January 2012 to May 2012 (5 months) 100 Park Avenue, New York NY 10017Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary @ Responsible for Legal, Risk Management, Insurance, Surety, Safety and Human Resources.
• Assisted in the acquisition of a major Canadian marine construction and tunneling contractor.
• Finalized the acquisition of a closely held company in order to acquire sole dredge repository rights for the Delaware River.
• Drafted, negotiated and finalized the contract for one of the largest dredges to be built in America.
• Performed in country due diligence in anticipation of doing work and starting an office in Panama.
• Led the team that renewed the Company’s benefits program with a first time deductible option for medical.
• Managed a patent dispute litigation that allowed the Company to continue work for a key public client. From May 2011 to August 2011 (4 months) Managing Director, Construction Advisory Services @ Ran a national network of construction consultants to provide general business advisory services to construction owners, developers, contractors and large specialty subcontractors.
• Led the team that developed new product offerings for constructability analysis, change order review, green design and construction and public, private partnerships.
• Led the team that was retained to provide a plan to increase efficiency in the procurement process for a major California public authority.
• Developed the idea for McGraw Hill’s Smart Market Report 2011 and arranged a partnership with a major national construction practice.
• Positioned Navigant into a leadership position with the largest local industry group. From September 2010 to May 2011 (9 months) Managing Director, Global Construction Practice Leader @ Responsible for building and leading a dedicated team of industry specialists and subject matter experts to assist Marsh clients in identifying, quantifying, mitigating, and managing risk. Senior Relationship Officer for Marsh’s top 20 design and construction clients.
• Built an integrated, collaborative construction practice in the United States whose revenue grew from approximately $70 million to approximately $90 million in two years.
• Brought together previously disparate construction practices in the US, Canada, Europe, and AsiaPac to leverage off of each other’s success and share best practices.
• Founded the Marsh Green Building Team and facilitated four green risk forums, with results reported in the white paper: “Green Buildings: Assessing the Risks”. Presented the paper at the annual CFMA conference and the Global Greenbuild Conference in 2009.
• With Marsh Risk Consulting, developed a return on investment tool for green design and construction.
• Completely restructured the Marsh wrap up insurance service model and implemented company wide, resulting in increased efficiency projected at 27%. From September 2006 to December 2009 (3 years 4 months) EVP/Chief Administrative Officer @ Responsible for all corporate services, including legal, insurance, bonding, human resources, information technology, corporate affairs and overall commercial risk management. Member of the Company’s Executive Committee and chair of the Risk Committee.
• Built a client focused service organization of formerly disparate, inward looking units.
• Selected to negotiate global renewal agreement with the Company’s largest recurring revenue client, BP Amoco.
• Successfully increased the Company’s bonding capacity from $1 billion to $2.5 billion without any additional balance sheet commitments.
• Worked with CEO, CFO and COO to analyze and perform due diligence on potential strategic acquisitions.
• Managed the implementation of succession planning throughout the business and a reorganization of the Human Resources department to focus on talent management, recruiting and retention and a pay for performance culture.
• Directly responsible for reviewing and approving all deals with construction value in excess of $100 million, and coordinating higher level approvals of the Company’s largest deals.
• Worked with senior operations staff and legal to close out all complex or problem projects, including Time Warner Center in New York City, the Renaissance Residences in South Carolina, and 2200 M Street Residences/Ritz Carlton in Washington, DC.
• Helped manage the implementation of a new core cost financial software management system company wide.
• Managed a team of operational and corporate services colleagues to simplify business processes company wide. From October 2005 to September 2006 (1 year) EVP/Chief Legal and Commercial Officer @ Responsible for all commercial risk management, legal services, insurance and bonding for the United States and Latin America, with added responsibility for global coordination of all insurance and bonding. Member of the Company’s Executive Committee.
• Implemented an enterprise wide risk management structure and control process for the entire United States and Latin America. Chaired the Company’s Risk Governance Committee.
• Part of the senior leadership team that transformed the Company’s safety culture to Incident and Injury Free.
• Increased the number of sureties from one to four and negotiated coordinated indemnity agreements with all four.
• Converted the guaranteed cost general liability program to a loss sensitive program and implemented operational controls for the program throughout the business.
• Structured, negotiated and implemented the company’s subguard and CCIP programs.
• Appointed to the Board of Actus Lend Lease, the leading military housing privatization company in the United States.
• Testified in Congress in support of a bill to protect contractors who responded in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. From May 2002 to October 2005 (3 years 6 months) EVP/General Counsel @ Responsible for managing all legal services, insurance, bonding, and safety for United States and Latin America. Member of the Company’s Executive Committee.
• Formed a coalition consisting of the State and City of New York, local industry organizations and all prime contractors at Ground Zero resulting in $1 billion of funding from the Federal Government to form the World Trade Center Captive Insurance Company. Member of the team that drafted the legislation and documentation to form the World Trade Center Captive, and voted by the contractors to be the sole contractor representative on the Captive’s board.
• Reorganized the legal and safety departments to be directly aligned with the business units to increase efficiency and responsiveness.
• Led the team that started the Company’s first captive insurance company in Bermuda.
• Performed due diligence and started companies in Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Costa Rica and Puerto Rico.
• Modified litigation approach and tracking to increase efficiency and reduce costs.
• Standardized all contract documents. From April 1999 to May 2002 (3 years 2 months) Of Counsel @ Directly responsible for servicing developers, construction managers, general contractors and other business, real estate and construction professionals in the areas of contract negotiation, corporate structuring, business processes and organization, commercial leasing, litigation and related services. From 1998 to 1999 (1 year) Development Director @ Part of the team that started the Company’s new high rise residential division.
· Managed the approval process and design development for 1,000 apartment homes in three buildings in New Rochelle, New York.
· Led the team that won the development rights for 1,000 apartment homes in three buildings on the Queens West waterfront.
· Finalized contract negotiations for a high rise apartment building in Jersey City, New Jersey.
· Closed out the contracts for a mid rise apartment complex in Mamaroneck, New York. From 1998 to 1998 (less than a year)
JD, Law @ Brooklyn Law School From 1982 to 1985 BA, Psychology @ Yale University From 1978 to 1982 Michael Feigin is skilled in: Risk Management, Dispute Resolution, Insurance, Construction Law, Green Building, Human Resources, Sales, Marketing, Surety, Negotiation, Contract Negotiation, Strategic Planning, Leadership, Strategy, Team Building, Change Management, Construction, Claim, Talent Management, Project Management, Corporate Governance, Program Management, Contract Management, Business Strategy, Joint Ventures, Due Diligence, Construction Management, Mergers & Acquisitions, Risk Assessment, Analysis, Management, Procurement, Executive Management, Project Planning, CRM, Global Sourcing, Legal Issues, Procurement Contracts, Strategic Sourcing
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension