MTS @ Passionate and versatile Software Engineer working in the core storage service node appliance and data plane of Verizon Compute Cloud (VCC) which provides scalable, persistent block storage .VCC is the first private cloud which provides IaaS to guarantee performance of VM CPU, I/O and network, all backed by a service level agreement. It is also
MTS @ Passionate and versatile Software Engineer working in the core storage service node appliance and data plane of Verizon Compute Cloud (VCC) which provides scalable, persistent block storage .VCC is the first private cloud which provides IaaS to guarantee performance of VM CPU, I/O and network, all backed by a service level agreement. It is also differentiated by the industry's first complete layer 2 network.
Utilizing ZFS (Zetabyte filesystem)to protect against data corruption such as it provides continuous integrity checking and automatic repair, and RAID-Z for redundancy, and data services including snapshot ,backups,replication.
Experience developing core system component.
Investigate, analyze, reverse engineer storage service node modules such as in ZFS, LINUX operating system, solved a variety of bugs in Data Path and Platform component such as memory leaks ,file-system reference leak, multi-threading, performance tuning, spinlock, race condition, Linux kernel crash dump analysis in storage virtualization layers in block storage operating environment.
Has a willingness to dive in and figure out what needs to be done along with a collaborative working style.
Programming : C/C++/Shell/Perl/Python/,IO tools, gdb From June 2014 to August 2015 (1 year 3 months) Greater Boston AreaSenior Software Engineer @ Languages and Platform: C/C++, Linux, Perl/Shell automation, Distributed systems, IO Data Path.
• Worked for In Market Engineering (IME) of EMSD to design and develop storage platform components for the unified storage product portfolio- VNX/VNXe/VNX2e - Data Path component, LINUX, High Availability and data protection.
• Feature developments and enhancements/fixes to the existing products, wrote high-level design and functional specs and unit test plans, analyze and coded complex modules, defined data structures, reviewed functional and system test plans.
• Developed applications that issue various SCSI commands targeted to block Luns (SCSI).
• Implemented multi-threaded applications ensuring thread synchronization.
• Configured storage connection protocols such as iSCSI, NFS,CIFS,FC.
• Hands on experience configuring storage for both file (uxfs32) and block (iscsi), features such as deduplication, snapshots, disaster recovery/ip-replication (file and block), storage and compute virtualization technology; Vmware ESX4,ESX5,Vsphere,Cluster, various backup tools, Microsoft HyperV 2008,2012,MPIO.
• Debugged Data IO path (file systems and Block) C/C++ issues and Linux-platform issues, analyzed memory dumps, Kernel dumps, addressed the critical stability issues by developing the fix and deploy the fixes through Service Packs and Hotfix.
• Reputed for being relied upon during crunch-time to resolve issues close to release deadlines or politically hot customer issues.
• Effectively dealt with critical field issues (root cause analysis), took a proactive and preemptive approach to issues avoidance and resolution, diagnose and resolve. Drive the customer focus back into development to improve serviceability and diagnostic in the code. From January 2011 to June 2014 (3 years 6 months) Greater Boston AreaSoftware Engineer @ DIRECTV next generation STB's middleware/driver integration and debugging,Embedded Linux debugging,STB utilities and scripting/automation. From June 2008 to January 2011 (2 years 8 months) Greater Boston AreaSoftware Engineer (Co-op) @ Development and enhancing of internal tools for the MPG (Media Player group) hardware interface team, focused on Avid DNA technology in DIO (Digital Input.output) group. From May 2007 to May 2008 (1 year 1 month) Tewksbury, MA
M.S @ University of Massachusetts Lowell From 2006 to 2008 Bachelors of Engineering @ Gujarat University From 2000 to 2004 High school @ C.N .Vidyalya Mehul Mehta is skilled in: Debugging, Linux, Software Development, Embedded Systems, Embedded Linux, Device Drivers, C, C++, Linux Kernel, iSCSI, Distributed Systems, Set Top Box, Software Engineering, Embedded Software, Shell Scripting, Perl, Replication Technologies, Deduplication, VMware ESX, Hyper-V, NAS, Storage Architecture, Triage, ZFS
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension