Bachelors, Communications @
The Ohio State University
I bring multiple skill sets together from my past beginning while I was a Real Estate Investor. I spent nearly 10 years running a small real estate business buying, fixing up, and renting out real estate. In addition, I also spent 10 years a Direct Sales Rep ( door to door ), both training and supervising other
I bring multiple skill sets together from my past beginning while I was a Real Estate Investor. I spent nearly 10 years running a small real estate business buying, fixing up, and renting out real estate. In addition, I also spent 10 years a Direct Sales Rep ( door to door ), both training and supervising other door to door reps where it was my job to be a business development leader and business solutions manager. I've spent the last 4 years working in the IT industry while analyzing IT discrepancies and unusual trends while monitoring a variety of metrics to proactively identify problems that needed to be resolved before they became problems of a much greater magnitude. I have enjoyed providing desktop and IT support troubleshooting both over the phone and in person. I have experience using remote desktop support tools to both identify and fix fault problems with Windows computers and mobile devices.
I'm concurrently studying for my Network + Certification and will be focusing my efforts on learning the additional skills necessary to work in a role utilizing my people skills, IT and analytical skills, and having opportunities for advancement.
Level 2 Support Analyst for Oracle POS @ Providing IT support to Ascena Retail Stores for Oracle POS Application Software From September 2015 to Present (4 months) Columbus, Ohio AreaConsultant @ Perform cable terminations, troubleshoot and document findings and results. Perform installs of internet equipment, wireless routers and access points. Complete quality assurance inspections and follow up with customers to ensure all processes were completed properly. From May 2015 to July 2015 (3 months) Independent IT Consultant @ Business analysis of several projects involving overseeing sales / business processes translated into IT processes. Worked with business owners, managers, IT consultants, developers and clients to evaluate business processes, training, and provide feedback on best practices and suggest improvements to enhance business models. Provided IT support in the field for sales consultants technology tools ensuring all tools were operating as designed. From November 2014 to April 2015 (6 months) Client Manager, Procurement, & Helpdesk Support @ IT Contractor:(9 month)
*Procurement, Deal Negotiations
*IT Budgeting & Planning, Business Needs Analysis
*IT Client Support, Project Coordation
*Establishing & Ongoing of Vendor Relationships From February 2014 to October 2014 (9 months) Technical Analyst @ Responsible for working with a team of IT professionals to mitigate corporate internet failures and mobile application tools, and find workarounds to prevent visible outages to customers as necessary. Utilizing 8-10 different monitoring tools to capture real time internet usage in order to identify and get the right people in place to identify weak points in the network, and get the right people in place before a small failure becomes much bigger. Applying my analytical skills, troubleshooting skills, and my communication skills to prevent problems from being seen by customers using the tools provided within Peregrine Ticketing System. I brought value to my job every day engaging in conference calls, technician notification / paging systems, and ticketing systems in order to get the right people involved to work through and resolve issues as they arise in a expedicious manner. From April 2013 to December 2013 (9 months) Full Time Student @ Studying Computer Hardware, Networking, Troubleshooting, and Windows Operating Systems. From January 2013 to April 2013 (4 months) Consultant @ • Helped set up new VPN/File Server & SharePoint Server involved setting up wall network ports in their new office.
• Migrated logicsoftusa.com emails to Office 365 from Gmail. Created new email addresses for TekAssociates LLC (@tekassociatesllc.com)
• Set up VPN connections in employees PC's. Assisted in Setup of Microsoft Dynamics CRM for LogicSoft office use.
• Upgraded existing systems in performance and installed new software such as CRM server for training, Desktop PC's in Consultant Room.
• Maintaining servers in backups, windows updates, virus scanning.
• Troubleshoot/help consultants and other employees computers and/or Smartphones.
• Assist-coordinate the last CRM training, and provided technical help to trainers and trainees.
• Created/Setup Virtual PC's and provided additional technical support to Sudip and the AX team.
• Written instructional documentation for VPN and office 365.
• Troubleshoot network issues.
• Recently, provide administration support to phone server. From January 2012 to December 2012 (1 year) Financial Services & Real Estate Entrepreneur @ Provide consulting advice to clients who are concerned about protecting their financial stability.
Assist clients in protecting their life's earnings by addressing permanent financial protection in preventive care for future tax preparations.
Administer mortgage protection for middle income families. From January 2003 to December 2012 (10 years) Lead Supervisor Direct Sales promoted from Direct Sales Representative @ Lead a team of 30 direct sales professionals on a daily and weekly basis, to promote the betterment of their sales skills, and in turn achieving personal & company driven sales goals. From December 2001 to November 2009 (8 years) Columbus, Ohio AreaNetwork Engineer / Implementation Coordinator @ • Worked with team of 5 network engineers and coordinated procurement and transport of network engineering equipment with 6 vendors and logistics companies.
• Created technical writings / documentation: For procedural review by the management team.
• Responsible for Account Management for AOL Migration Project
• In charge of shipping / tracking of technical equipment, assembly, site testing, and verification once products reached their final destination at project completion.
• Completed project before deadline. Cooperated with team to implement action plan to accomplish project; monitored and oversaw progress, updating team members and adjusting daily/weekly priorities and schedule to accommodate vendor/supplier manufacturing challenges. From June 1999 to November 2001 (2 years 6 months)
A+ Certification, Information Technology @ Per Scholas From 2013 to 2013 Bachelors, Communications @ The Ohio State University From 1994 to 1999 Matthew Schmunk is skilled in: Network Troubleshooting, Systems Implementation, New Computer Installation, Microsoft Office, Word, PowerPoint, Public Speaking, Negotiation, Interpersonal Communications, Persuasive Communications, Time Management, Project Implementation, Training New Hires, Computer Maintenance, Account Management
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension