Sr. Manager - Total Rewards (Compensation & Benefits) @ Rent-A-Center
Bachelor's degree @
The University of Texas at Dallas
Certified Human Resources and Benefits leader with expertise in health and welfare programs, retirement benefits and employee wellness initiatives . Demonstrated strengths in fostering employee/vendor relationships, leadership of teams, and process improvement. Track record of partnering with all levels of management and successfully providing solutions concerning total rewards, Health & Welfare plan management, employee wellness, ROI analysis,
Certified Human Resources and Benefits leader with expertise in health and welfare programs, retirement benefits and employee wellness initiatives . Demonstrated strengths in fostering employee/vendor relationships, leadership of teams, and process improvement. Track record of partnering with all levels of management and successfully providing solutions concerning total rewards, Health & Welfare plan management, employee wellness, ROI analysis, project implementation and employee communications initiatives. Highly energetic and creative. Strong organizational skills. Proven ability to manage projects and meet deadlines. Strong written and verbal communications skills. Excellent analytical abilities.
Total Rewards Manager @ Rent-A-Center is a publicly traded company that owns and operates more than 3,100 company-owned stores in multiple countries and operates an additional 1,400 Acceptance Now kiosks housed within retail partner stores throughout the United States. The company has over 21,000 employees in multiple countries and has annual revenues over $3 billion. From August 2015 to Present (5 months) Director - Benefits and Payroll @ Santander Consumer USA Inc. is one of the fastest-growing companies in the automotive finance sector. We are a leading provider of finance programs that cover the entire credit spectrum. The company began originating loans in 1997, and is headquartered in Dallas. We are owned by Banco Santander (NYSE: SC), a leading global bank with 80 million customers in 40 countries.• Design benefits services and strategies, make recommendations, and prepare proposals for new and improved programs based on business need and/or governmental changes.
• Responsible for design, implementation, communication, enrollment, administration and cost management of health and welfare and retirement plans for both self-funded and fully insured plans.
• Identify and capture relevant benefits and payroll metrics to improve program efficiency and identify trends, drive change and assess progress.
• Analyze and monitors the effectiveness of benefit programs. Recommend changes which are cost effective based on ROI and consistent with market trends.
• Generate reporting information used for analysis, decision-making and other business needs.
• Develop, manage and motivate direct reports to perform at or above expectations in delivering effective payroll and benefits practices while building and maintaining customer relationships.
• Direct all aspects of payroll operations. Oversee payroll processes and procedures including taxes and finance demands regarding payroll payments.
• Design short-term and long-term strategies for continuous improvement in payroll operations From May 2014 to August 2015 (1 year 4 months) Benefits Manager @ From November 2013 to April 2014 (6 months) Manager - Benefits & HRIS @ - Responsible for design, implementation, communication, enrollment, administration and cost management of health and welfare and retirement plans for both self-funded and fully insured plans.
- Manager ongoing HRIS system (APD) security operations, maintenance and upgrades/enhancements as Company needs evolve
- Oversees communications programs that promote HR health and welfare programs and employee wellness initiatives
- Management of all third-party vendors including insurance providers and benefits broker
- Organizes with senior level leadership the implementation of the annual Merit & Bonus plan payout to all eligible employees globally
- Performs other compensation related duties as assigned From April 2012 to November 2013 (1 year 8 months) Sr. Analyst - Benefits & HRIS @ - As day to day administrator exhibited expert level knowledge of company’s benefits, policies, insurance plans, and 401(k) to proactively resolve employee issues
- Assisted in the management of benefit plan renewals and the annual enrollment plan design
- Created and implemented company’s wellness program that includes annual health fairs, biometric screenings, flu shots, weigh loss initiatives, tobacco cessation, and lunch & learn seminars
- Worked closely and monitored performance of all contracted third-party administrators and vendors
- Administrated ongoing system security, operations, maintenance and upgrades/enhancements of the HRIS system as Company needs change
- Responsible for the administration of leaves of absences across all US locations
- Monitored changes in mandated benefits related legislation to ensure complete compliance
- Supported several compensation projects such as Merit Pay and Bonus Program for employees globally
- Created monthly newsletter, The Score!, promoting Health and Welfare plans, HR Policy, and Company Intranet From April 2011 to April 2012 (1 year 1 month) Human Resources Benefits Representative @ - Exhibit expert level knowledge of the County’s benefits, policies, insurance plans, and retirement
- Responsible for the administration of FMLA, COBRA, and HIPAA compliance
- Coordinate and maintain Collin County’s award winning employee wellness program. Organize lunch and learn presentations, employee boot camps, health fair, and wellness seminars at minimal cost
- Develop communication materials to promote all events relating to the health and welfare program
- Organize and facilitate onboarding to all Collin County new hires
- Responsible for audit/reconciliation of County insurance accounts payables/receivables
- Successfully maintained a 99% or higher employee satisfaction level over 5 years of service From April 2006 to April 2011 (5 years 1 month)
MPA, Public Administration, GPA: 3.9 @ The University of Texas at Dallas From 2007 to 2009 Bachelor's degree, Criminology @ The University of Texas at Dallas From 2003 to 2005 Matthew PHR is skilled in: Employee Relations, HRIS, Employee Benefits, PeopleSoft, Onboarding, Talent Management, Deferred Compensation, Benefits Administration, Organizational Development, Training, Team Building, Human Resources, HR Policies, Employee Training, Vendor Management
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension