General Manager & Senior Vice President @ Haymarket Media US
Senior Vice President, Healthcare Practice Lead @ MWWPR
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey-New Brunswick
A unique blend of sales leadership, communications, corporate strategy and development, and operations management in the Digital/Traditional Media, Healthcare, and Technology industries. Proven track record in building sales/revenue streams in existing an un-established lines of business. Domain expertise in the field of online and offline healthcare communications with an emphasis on healthcare provider and consumer education. Demonstrated
A unique blend of sales leadership, communications, corporate strategy and development, and operations management in the Digital/Traditional Media, Healthcare, and Technology industries. Proven track record in building sales/revenue streams in existing an un-established lines of business. Domain expertise in the field of online and offline healthcare communications with an emphasis on healthcare provider and consumer education. Demonstrated success in cross-organizational collaboration, developing new product launches and brand extensions, establishing senior client and agency relationships, and participating in due diligence and M&A activities.
Senior Vice President, Healthcare Practice Lead @MWW_PR @ Head of MWWPR's Healthcare Practice which includes working closely with a diverse set of clients -- from hospitals and health systems to diagnostic companies and online information providers -- and assisting them in developing and implementing communications and government relations strategies that are increasingly critical given the transformative changes taking place that are impacting the nation's healthcare system.
MWWPR is one of the world’s leading independent public relations agencies with nine offices across the US and Europe. MWWPR offers dedicated insights, strategy, data and analytics, social media, creative and technology teams who help us deliver PR campaigns that activate behaviors vital to our clients’ reputations and success in the marketplace. From August 2015 to Present (4 months) Greater New York City AreaExecutive Director @ Reporting to the President of WebMD with responsibility for starting and leading the Public Health Solutions Business Unit, including sales and sales management, editorial and content, program management, marketing and Financial/P&L. Sold solutions across WebMD and Medscape, including Media (geo, native), Sponsorship and Editorial Programs, and Healthcare Provider Educational Activities. Overseeing all aspects of WebMD and Medscape's business relationships with the Federal and State governments. Manage a growing team of experienced business development, strategy, and program management professionals. Direct the company's government and public affairs activities with State and Federal Agencies (e.g. HHS, CMS), The White House, and Congress.
- Delivered ~$40M in Revenue From New Accounts
- Top Individual Sales Growth - New Business Team
- $10M Annual Sales (Individual Contributor)
- Increased Revenue Recognition over 200% from FY12 to FY14 From October 2010 to July 2015 (4 years 10 months) Greater New York City AreaExecutive Director @ Member of Medscape Education management team with specific responsibilities for sales management, budgeting, forecasting, sales training, product development, professional development, and recruiting. Met with commercial supporters, including pharmaceutical companies, government agencies, and managed care organizations to assess and evaluate educational objectives and business opportunities; Led Medscape Education’s most experienced sales team with a territory that included six of the 10 largest pharmaceutical companies in the world.
- Top Team Leader Sales Goal Attainment
- Secured approval for largest single grant award in Medscape history (to date) From October 2007 to September 2010 (3 years) Greater New York City AreaGroup Publisher & Director @ Reporting to the EVP/Life Sciences with responsibility for thirteen market leading publications, two multi-supported conferences, websites, and directories with an annual advertising, medical education, and subscription budget of approximately $30M in revenue and over $8M in contribution, including P&L responsibility, management of sales and editorial staff, circulation, marketing, and promotional efforts; Managed team of 30-plus sales, editorial, and marketing staff to ensure focus on primary objectives including increase in revenue and contribution, market share, circulation, distribution, and readership; Developed and conducted sales presentations and training meetings designed to facilitate integration and cross-platform selling, expand product knowledge, and increase emphasis on market share growth.
- Turned around Med Ed business from ~$500K loss to ~$1M in profit in one-year
- Launched online/print physician staffing platform (profitable in first year)
- Launched men's health conference (profitable in first year)
- Created org. efficiencies and savings by integrating content, sales, and marketing teams From July 1998 to October 2007 (9 years 4 months) Greater New York City AreaDirector of Business Development @ Reporting to the President & CEO with responsibility for developing and implementing an overall sales, marketing and business development strategy and tracking systems for a national professional services and consulting firm; Develop corporate advertising and public relations campaigns and client presentations; General writing, including proposals, press releases, marketing materials, by-line articles, and corporate newsletters; Ongoing client contact responsible for company performance and project deliverables From March 1996 to July 1998 (2 years 5 months) Greater New York City AreaCommunications Associate @ From July 1995 to March 1996 (9 months) Vice President @ Reporting to the President with responsibility for developing and coordinating communications and public affairs strategy for member initiatives. Develop marketing, member recruitment, and political action committee materials, and Association publications. Communicate with Members of Congress, State Legislators, federal and state agencies, and member companies on legislative and regulatory issues including business, health care, and tax policy. From September 1993 to July 1995 (1 year 11 months) Greater New York City AreaDeputy Field Director @ Responsible for overseeing field operation and GOTV effort for 14 of 21 New Jersey's most populated counties in this successful reelecton campaign. From July 1994 to November 1994 (5 months) Legislative Assistant @ From September 1992 to August 1993 (1 year)
BA, Political Science @ American UniversityM.A., Political Science and Public Policy @ Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey-New BrunswickExecutive Education, Publishing & Media @ Northwestern University - Kellogg School of ManagementDiploma, General Studies @ Notre Dame High School Matthew Holland is skilled in: Strategic Planning, Publishing, Sales Management, Social Media, Marketing, Public Relations, Newsletters, Strategy, Cross-functional Team..., Management, Project Management, Leadership, Government, Public Policy, Marketing Communications, Healthcare, Sales, Digital Marketing, Online Advertising, Publications, Public Speaking, Business Development, Nonprofits, Start-ups, Marketing Strategy, Email Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Social Networking, Project Planning, Strategic Partnerships, Product Development, Proposal Writing, Integrated Marketing, Recruiting, Strategic Communications, Social Media Marketing, Content Development, Fundraising, Program Management, Digital Media, Market Research, Online Marketing, Content Strategy, Media Relations, Editing, Content Management, Corporate Communications, Digital Strategy, Program Development, Press Releases
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension