Ms. Gendron is a CIO and an expert in bringing about cultural/operational transformations to a variety of industries by leveraging technology knowledge, vision, strategy and leadership, and in developing/executing IT and talent-focused strategies, services and plans. She has led complex global organizations, driving proactive business strategies required to develop differentiation and has consistently generated customer, shareholder and
Ms. Gendron is a CIO and an expert in bringing about cultural/operational transformations to a variety of industries by leveraging technology knowledge, vision, strategy and leadership, and in developing/executing IT and talent-focused strategies, services and plans. She has led complex global organizations, driving proactive business strategies required to develop differentiation and has consistently generated customer, shareholder and employee value.
As SVP/CIO at Hospira and a Senior Leadership Team Member, she oversaw the Company’s global operating effectiveness while undertaking key activities to ensure an effective first day launch for the Pfizer acquisition. She assessed/analyzed and quickly improved the IT landscape to meet evolving needs as Hospira expanded globally and into the biosimilars market; developed/ communicated a more compelling IT vision/strategy, identified key priority initiatives to improve enterprise-wide engagement and service delivery, and drove operational efficiencies.
Before, Ms. Gendron served as CIO and SVP at Celestica, providing technology vision, strategy, and leadership for the development/implementation of IT programs, initiatives/investments, while supporting Celestica’s strategic long term transformation objectives and customer business operations. She transformed IT into a strategic business partner in 24 months by transitioning to a global SAP platform across 18 manufacturing sites, bringing global consistency to shop-floor processes, enabling a global workforce to meet various customer specific demands/build various products on the same foundation, and identifying emerging quality errors quicker. She also accelerated corporate decision making, increased employee engagement, and reduced costs/increased capability spend by replacing Lotus notes e-mail with a Google platform.
Earlier, Ms. Gendron served in executive positions at The Nielsen Company, Motorola, and Bell Canada. She earned a B.ENG. from McGill University.
Sr VP & CIO @ Global accountability, reporting to CEO. Key member of the Senior Leadership Team.
Maintained the operating effectiveness of the current Organization while undertaking key activities to ensure an effective launch for first day of Pfizer acquisition
• Assessed, analyzed and quickly improved upon Hospira’s Information Technology landscape to meet the evolving needs of the Company as it expanded globally and into the biosimilars market
o Partnered with business unit leaders to understand needs
o Developed and communicated a more compelling vision and strategy for Hospira IT; key priorities to focus on to improve engagement across the Company and improve service delivery
• Drove projects to improve operational efficiency. From September 2014 to Present (1 year 4 months) Sr VP & CIO @ Reporting to the CEO. Provided technology vision, strategy, and leadership for the development and implementation of enterprise-wide information technology (IT) programs, initiatives and investments to support Celestica’s strategic long term transformation objectives and customer business operations. Led the establishment of strategic service-provider partnerships. Developed people for key internal and external leadership positions. Provided competitive advantages for the business.
• Transformed IT into a strategic business partner in 24 months
• Accelerated corporate decision making
• Achieved economies of scale
• Improved key talent bench strength
• Improved morale that followed promotions/skill realignment
• Established NEW Centre of Excellence for Advanced Business Analytics
• Developed a synchronized supply chain services platform enabling a managed services offering. From October 2008 to August 2014 (5 years 11 months) Sr VP - Infrastructure Services @ Established strategic long term goals, policies and procedures and general management of the underlying information technology infrastructure including data center services, network, telecom, end user services and messaging in support of all Nielsen companies. From 2003 to 2008 (5 years) Vice President @ Led the execution of a $190M program revolutionizing the global supply chain for the IT Personal Communications Sector, including business and system changes. From August 2001 to December 2002 (1 year 5 months) Greater Chicago AreaVP Billing Info Systems/Integration Technology @ From 2000 to 2001 (1 year) Montreal, Canada AreaSenior Director, Info Systems/Integration Technology @ From 1995 to 2000 (5 years) Montreal, Canada AreaVarious management positions @ From 1988 to 1995 (7 years) Montreal, Canada Area
Engineering, Mechanical @ McGill University From 1984 to 1988 Mary Gendron is skilled in: Six Sigma, Program Management, IT Strategy, Cross-functional Team Leadership, Integration, Vendor Management, Outsourcing, IT Management, Business Intelligence, Manufacturing, Process Engineering, Process Improvement, Strategic Planning, Business Process Improvement, ERP
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension