Bilingual Human Resources Director with excellent qualifications in employee relations, benefits administration, Safety, Payroll and management training. Strong planning and organizational skills evidenced by coordination of multiple-plant, HR functions and serving as corporate HR point person for facilities in California. Experienced in multiple industries ranging from Manufacturing, Distribution Centers and Apparel. Self-motivated and performance-driven with ability to
Bilingual Human Resources Director with excellent qualifications in employee relations, benefits administration, Safety, Payroll and management training. Strong planning and organizational skills evidenced by coordination of multiple-plant, HR functions and serving as corporate HR point person for facilities in California. Experienced in multiple industries ranging from Manufacturing, Distribution Centers and Apparel. Self-motivated and performance-driven with ability to communicate with individuals across all levels.
Areas of expertise include:
* Benefits Administration and Compensation Policies
* Recruitment and Applicant Screening Processes
* Job Description/Criteria Development
* Management Training and Development
* Human Resource Records Administration
* Policy and Procedure Development
* Federal Labor Laws and Employee Relations
* Temporary Staff Contract Negotiations
* Multinational Workforce Management
* Safety and Incentive Programs
Director of Human Resources @ From August 2013 to Present (2 years 3 months) Rancho Cucamonga, CAHuman Resources Manager @ From August 2010 to Present (5 years 3 months) HR Manager @ Joined Leg Avenue Inc. to institute the Human Resources department. Successfully created and implemented employee handbook including several policies, procedures and salary structure. Directed the implementation of HRIS, employee intranet, time and attendance software, auto and expense programs. Transitioned from Paychex to ADP payroll software. Administration of 401K and benefits plans.
* Performed I-9, labor agreements, and record-keeping, recruitment and selection audits.
* Created job descriptions for all positions by analyzing the scope of responsibilities that resulted in the reclassification of employees (Exempt/Non exempt).
* Established orientation and training programs for new hires.
* Recruited and hired sales personnel nationwide, ensuring compliance with all the state laws, DOL and worker’s compensation bureaus.
* Improved employee morale and communication using recognition programs, satisfaction surveys, focus groups and department meetings.
* Renegotiated contracts with temporary agencies and reduced mark up price from 52% to 27%.
* In 2009 saved over $200,000 renegotiating insurance contracts including medical, dental, vision, worker’s compensation, reducing OT hours, travel and expense and auto programs.
* Conducted safety inspection and established monthly safety meetings with employees and managers.
* Trained managers and supervisors regarding sexual harassment and other HR issues. From July 2007 to July 2010 (3 years 1 month) HR Manager @ Sole HR resource for three facilities in California serving a workforce of 100 regular and 60 temporary workers and managers. Trained managers and supervisors regarding sexual harassment and other HR issues. Worked directly with plant managers to monitor performance, evaluate staffing levels, and prepare job descriptions. Served as HR liaison to corporate office in Milwaukee. Promoted to manage human resources for two manufacturing facilities: Brandon International located in Baldwin Park with 60 permanent employees/30 temporary workers and JAM Plastics in Anaheim with 35 permanent employees/25 temporary workers.
* Implemented annual employee satisfaction survey and conducted focus groups to present results to management and staff, creating a positive response and improving satisfaction, and morale while also improving performance.
* Assigned trainer from Corporate to introduce new HRIS data base, sexual harassment training, performance review management to facilities in California and Tijuana, B.C, Mexico.
* Performed several HR audits for corporate prior to acquisition of facilities and recommended changes before acquisitions.
* Recruited, placed, and transferred professionals in administrative, accounting, finance, customer service, and light industrial positions, receiving positive feedback from management for quality and efficient performance.
* Negotiated contracts with temporary agencies, assuring compliance with Company policy and integrating workers into the mixed workforce.
* Evaluated policies, procedures, and programs annually for cost effectiveness and value.
* Performed due diligence and I-9 audit at Anaheim facility when Brady Corporation purchased it, flawlessly completing the assignment and troubleshooting issues that arrived. From January 2003 to June 2007 (4 years 6 months) HR Manager @ From 2003 to 2007 (4 years) Planner/Scheduler @ From August 2001 to January 2003 (1 year 6 months)
Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.), Business Administration and Management, General @ Universidad Autónoma de Baja California From 1995 to 1999 Claremont McKenna College Maru Trevizo is skilled in: Payroll, Employee Benefits, Auditing, Employee Relations, Organizational..., Human Resources, Performance Management, Recruiting, Team Building, Training, HRIS, Customer Service, Policy, New Hire Orientations, Strategic Planning, Process Improvement, Temporary Staffing, Labor Relations, Program Management, Personnel Management, Benefits Administration, Talent Acquisition, Onboarding, Employment Law, Management, Leadership, Temporary Placement, Time Management, Administration, Talent Management, Succession Planning
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension