Coordinator, Business Development & Partnerships @ Superfly
Artist Management Associate @ Esther Creative Group
Martika Finch is a creative-leaning multi-tasker with a mind for relationship development and appetite for challenging projects. Coming from a background in artist management, Martika came into events - more specifically, really big events like music festivals - with a holistic approach to brand partnerships within experiences. Maintaining a bird's eye view, she's able to anticipate the
Martika Finch is a creative-leaning multi-tasker with a mind for relationship development and appetite for challenging projects. Coming from a background in artist management, Martika came into events - more specifically, really big events like music festivals - with a holistic approach to brand partnerships within experiences. Maintaining a bird's eye view, she's able to anticipate the needs of the various parties involved in brand partnerships offering a perspective that considers not only the brand but the artist and attendee. Naturally, she found her way into the world of content and continues managing and consulting on these partnerships to date. Working out of New York City and the Internet, she is constant cultural consumer, aware and informed of the world at large by taking advantage of the city's great offerings in the arts and humanities.
Coordinator, Business Development & Partnerships @ • Provides administrative assistance internally:
- Research, composition of documents & collection of assets for biz dev process for Sales Team at
- Travel coordination and logistics for EVP of Partnerships and Sales Team
- Meeting and call scheduling for EVP of Partnerships and Sales Team
- Creative brainstorms and ideation sessions
• Communicates externally with business contacts for EVP of Partnerships & Sales Team forming & maintaining new relationships on a daily basis
• Assists & leads on briefs, contracts and SOWs, deal memos & proposals, decks & other department documents for strategic partnerships
• Manage & maintains Sales Force, company’s CRM platform, to analyze & report on company pipeline to CFO
• Project manage content partnerships to ensure success amongst different organizations and departments. Duties include, but not limited to:
- Coordinating marketing, PR and social media promo efforts amongst all parties (festival, artist,
- Clearance supervision with legal teams, including artist asks - outreach to management, labels &
- Communication of clearance terms with production team
- Maintain budget for content projects
- Sync requests, publishing licenses and payments for content archives
- Metadata & other data input documents
• Notable Projects:
- Live From Bonnaroo 2013 & 2014 Spotify Sessions, Project Manager
- A Very Bonnaroo Thanksgiving 2014 on VH1, Associate Producer
- Outside Lands 2014 iTunes Radio Station, Assistant Producer
- 'Skrillex & Friends SuperJam’ 2014 documentary, Project Manager
- Microsoft OneDrive Bonnaroo 2014 Partnership, Project Manager
- Bonnaroo 2015 webcast on RedBull TV, Marketing Project Manager
- Outside Lands 2015 webcast via Verizon, Clearance Supervisor
- HBO Now at Bonnaroo 2015 Partnership, Project Manager
- Life Is Beautiful 2015 webcast on the Verizon Go90 app, Clearance Supervisor From April 2013 to Present (2 years 9 months) Artist Management Associate @ • Day to day management for independent musicians DIIV and Kishi Bashi
• Assistance on a number of other artists including Lou Reed, Friends, The Drums, The Gaslight Anthem and more:
• Coordinated with artist's team at large on a daily basis; including, but not limited to:
- Song sync requests and publishing licenses
- Content requests, strategy and execution
- Budgeting and planning for tours, festivals and other events
- PR and marketing campaigns around album releases and other
- Brand partnership strategy and more From 2012 to 2013 (1 year) Digital Media Intern @ • Pitched story ideas in weekly meetings alongside music team. Daily administrative duties included recording notes while in meetings for internal distribution and updating the team’s multiple calendars.
• Drafted original feature and news stories, built stories for blog from radio, transcribed interviews, performed original research and assisted in features research.
• Reached out to artists for promotion, internalized marketing director’s techniques when working with other agencies, labels and promoters.
• Assisted with event planning and execution, internalized event director’s planning methods when coordinating with venues, labels, managers and artists. From June 2012 to September 2012 (4 months) Marketing Intern @ • Developed and presented a marketing plan to CEO and marketing director to get NYU students to sign up for the company’s mobile dating app. Scheduled meetings with them to discuss plan’s conception, execution and progress.
• Recruited and managed campus scouting reps, served as point of contact for planning, pre-event and onsite client communication
• Planned a concert at Knitting Factory with NYU musicians - including Big Ups, Benedek, & Rioux - and a promotion with Think Coffee while staying within tight budget
• Managed social media (i.e. Twitter and Facebook) to raise awareness about app and concert From March 2012 to April 2012 (2 months) Artist and Repertoire Intern @ • Researched and scouted prospective artists for potential signing. Presented the department with the information found and pitched new artists.
• Reached out and communicated with prospective artists and also reached out to artists’ managers, PR firms for promotion.
• Faxed and made copies on a daily basis including but not limited to scanning receipts to be organized in company’s budget database. From January 2012 to April 2012 (4 months) Music Intern @ • Pitched and wrote news stories, features and reviews for the blog and print. Checked over copy in both mediums.
• Researched and fact checked for annual Pazz & Jop Poll. Made copies of statistics for internal distribution.
• As of 01/2012 became ongoing freelance writer covering live shows and conducting interviews for the Voice’s “Sound of the City” music blog.
• Daily duties included opening and organizing editor’s mail, watering plants and organizing promotional products from record labels and artists for editor’s collection. From September 2011 to January 2012 (5 months) Marketing and Editorial Intern @ • Reached out to management agencies and PR firms for artist promotion.
• Wrote blog entries and news stories daily, took photos for the website at local venues and wrote concert reviews.
• Managed social media presences in conjunction with blog posts. Daily upkeep of social media included but not limited to organizing and uploading photos. From January 2011 to May 2011 (5 months) Record Label Intern @ • Assisted label manager with daily office tasks including but not limited to coordinating orders, organizing merchandise, making copies and faxes, directing phone calls, and breaking down mail.
• Reached out to customers about order problems and shipped out orders.
• Awareness of label budget when purchasing postage for orders for shipment.
• Worked with press and promoters for band opportunities and daily maintenance of band’s social media presences. From August 2010 to January 2011 (6 months)
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Media, Culture and Communications in the Music Industry, 3.575 @ New York University From 2008 to 2012 Martika Finch is skilled in: Tumblr, Social Media, Facebook, Research, Photoshop, OS X, Social Media Marketing, Blogging, Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Event Planning, Wordpress, Microsoft Excel, Editing, Marketing
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension