Entrepreneur and senior executive experienced in starting and managing fast growing businesses or transforming and accelerating existing business. Proven track record in setting strategy and then leading teams to deliver profitable growth, both organically and through acquisitions. Ability to inspire colleagues and communicate company vision with customers and partners. Extensive work experience both in the US as
Entrepreneur and senior executive experienced in starting and managing fast growing businesses or transforming and accelerating existing business. Proven track record in setting strategy and then leading teams to deliver profitable growth, both organically and through acquisitions. Ability to inspire colleagues and communicate company vision with customers and partners. Extensive work experience both in the US as in Europe.
Specialities: circular economy, digital strategy, corporate development and M&A, analytics and big data; lead generation, sales, product management,(local) digital advertising, radio, television and mobile markets, investing, organisational transformation
Member Supervisory Board @ Circle Economy is a cooperative, and together with our members and partners we work on projects on a company, sector or regional level that accelerate the transition towards a circular economy. From September 2015 to Present (2 months) Amsterdam Area, NetherlandsCEO @ Black Bear brings the circular economy to tires. We produce carbon black from end of life tires for the tire, rubber and paint industry. With our break-through technology we preserve valuable raw materials and dramatically reduce CO2 emissions and pollution. From March 2014 to Present (1 year 8 months) Eindhoven Area, NetherlandsPrincipal @ Advisory work and investment in high growth companies From January 2009 to Present (6 years 10 months) The Hague Area, NetherlandsEntrepreneur in Residence @ At YES!Delft, we unite the forces of startups, coaches, investors and innovative corporations to fuel entrepreneurial success. We promote and stimulate entrepreneurship to accelerate solutions to modern day challenges. From October 2013 to Present (2 years 1 month) Delft Area, NetherlandsSVP Strategy & Corporate Development @ Responsible for Strategy, M&A, Investments and Business Development
• Led new strategy process with broad collaborative bottom-up input and received board approval
• Screened 50+ opportunities and completed 5 M&A/Investment transactions
• Assisted CEO in selecting team and setting agenda From June 2011 to September 2013 (2 years 4 months) AmsterdamHead of Strategy and Sales Planning @ Headed up strategy development, business intelligence and sales planning/reporting teams. Also responsible for internal transformation program "Take the Lead". Member of Management Team.
* Implemented new cloud based business intelligence system to harvest big data
* Helped refinance and restructure company
* Defined new strategy based on lead generation and web & mobile presence for SME's From October 2009 to May 2011 (1 year 8 months) Amsterdam Area, NetherlandsSVP Corporate Development @ Strategy and Corporate Development for the New Media division of Ericsson From May 2006 to May 2008 (2 years 1 month) EVP Distribution & Partnerships @ Part of core team grew this interactive television venture to a profitable 80+ people company. Closed strategic deals with cable, satellite and mobile operators. Succesfully sold company to TandbergTV/Ericsson. From January 2001 to May 2006 (5 years 5 months) Strategy Consultant @ Strategy consulting across wide variety of industry sectors with assignments in the Netherlands, UK and France From 1996 to 1999 (3 years)
MBA, Business @ Harvard Business School From 1999 to 2000 Executive course, Marketing @ IMD Business School From 2011 to 2011 Msc, Applied Physics @ Delft University of Technology From 1989 to 1996 Martijn Cardozo is skilled in: Product Management, New Media, Online Advertising, Strategy, Management Consulting, Business Development, Digital Marketing, Strategic Partnerships, Telecommunications, Program Management, E-commerce, Business Intelligence, Leadership, Marketing Strategy, Business Strategy, Mobile Devices, Start-ups, Management, Corporate Development, Product Development, Change Management, Sales, Entrepreneurship, Lead Generation, Venture Capital, Mergers & Acquisitions, Business Model..., Local Search, Big Data, Digital Strategy, Executive Management, Analytics, New Business Development, Digital Media
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension