MSc, Business Economics @
Erasmus University Rotterdam
Mark has more than 14 years of experience in various roles, such as business analyst, project manager and business controller within finance environments. Mark has an educational background in Business Economics and holds an Executive Master degree in Finance and Control. He has an interest in Reporting/ Business Intelligence and a well-developed feeling for IT, enabling him
Mark has more than 14 years of experience in various roles, such as business analyst, project manager and business controller within finance environments. Mark has an educational background in Business Economics and holds an Executive Master degree in Finance and Control. He has an interest in Reporting/ Business Intelligence and a well-developed feeling for IT, enabling him to be a linking pin between Finance and IT.
Mark has worked in the consultancy industry for Cap Gemini (process consultant) and as a manager for Deloitte Consulting (CFO Services). During his time at Cap Gemini and Deloitte, he had a FSI industry focus resulting in projects at ING Bank, F. van Lanschot, Laser La Fayette (Laser services) and Achmea (Insurance and Bank). Mark has also been employed by ING Bank, working as a consultant information management, and was a business controller for Achmea Group Reporting.
- BI & Reporting
- Credit Management
- Finance & Control
- Finance Operations
- Process Improvement
Senior Business Analyst @ Responsible for data gathering, reporting and analysis in the area of fulfilment third party sellers bol.com. From April 2015 to Present (9 months) Freelance finance consultant @ Freelance consultant From July 2010 to Present (5 years 6 months) Interim business controller @ Contributed on an interim basis to the set up of a budget model for TravelBird. From March 2015 to April 2015 (2 months) Business analyst @ Update of Internal Loan Pricing model for Randstad Group Tax:
- Assess impact of changes in Standard & Poors rating methodology (basis for the model)
- Testing model results and obtaining stakeholder approval
- Model development in MS Excel and Tagetik
- Managing transition of the approved model to the Randstad Financial Reporting team From June 2014 to November 2014 (6 months) Business analyst @ - Requirements gathering for a trade receivables reporting environment
- Development of high level solution scenarios
- Business case development & obtaining budget approval From March 2014 to November 2014 (9 months) Traveller @ Travelling, destinations Shanghai, Australia, New Zealand and Hong Kong. From November 2013 to February 2014 (4 months) Financial analyst working capital @ Financial analyst in a working capital program for Imtech Group. Responsible for the collection, consolidation, reporting and analysis of working capital data. Design of data template and reports in Excel (pilot) and later SAP BPC (design, testing and implementation of SAP BPC reports). From June 2013 to October 2013 (5 months) Business analyst @ Business analyst responsible for design and implementation (SQL, Oracle BI Answers, Excel) of kpi dashboards, queries, standard and ad hoc reporting concerning financial en operational performance. From July 2012 to May 2013 (11 months) Interim project manager & business analyst BI Reporting @ Project manager of a BI reporting project. Tooling SAP BW and SAP Business Objects 4.0. In addition to my project manager responsibilities, I also contributed to the delivery of functional requirements for SAP BW, design of reports in Business Objects and functional testing. From September 2011 to May 2012 (9 months) Business Analyst @ Managed and for a large part executed Project Initiation phase, resulting in a Project Initiation Document (PID) including business requirements, planning and high level solution for BI Reporting to support a Management Control Cycle. From April 2011 to August 2011 (5 months) Interim Business Controller Credit Management @ From July 2010 to May 2011 (11 months) Business Controller Credit Management @ From January 2010 to July 2010 (7 months) Manager @ Assignments (client):
- Senior financial analyst and project lead, financial assessment credit management portfolio (Achmea Group Reporting)
- Senior financial analyst, intercompany charging optimization (Boskalis)
- Senior financial analyst, IFRS impairment project (Van Lanschot)
- Project lead Risk & Fraud, front office and back office implementation (Laser Services)
- Consultant, operating model assessment (ING Bank; Ops & IT)
- Requirements manager (ING Bank; Lending)
- Interim business controller (Achmea Mortgage Bank)
- Consultant Compliance (ING Real Estate); From May 2006 to January 2010 (3 years 9 months) Advisor Information Management & Change @ Main projects:
Project manager Functional Design & Testing of a Datawarehouse project.
Project manager and business analyst DNB reporting (Dutch National Bank). From April 2003 to April 2006 (3 years 1 month) Consultant @ Clients:
ING Corporate IT
ING Bank Control Netherlands From October 2000 to February 2003 (2 years 5 months)
RC, Finance & Control @ University of Amsterdam From 2005 to 2008 MSc, Business Economics @ Erasmus University Rotterdam From 1995 to 2000 Mark Magielse RC is skilled in: Business Intelligence, Management Consulting, Information Management, Finance, SAP BW, Business Objects, Business Process Improvement, Process Management, Business Requirements, Business Analysis, Dutch, Financial Analysis, Managerial Finance, Business Process, MS Project
Looking for a different
Mark Magielse RC?
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension