Chairman, Public Management Board for Cyber & FinTech @ Israel Export Institute - מכון היצוא
Managing Director Cyber and Intelligence Solutions @ NICE Systems
London Business School
CEO @ ThetaRay is a leader in the space of APT (Advanced Persistent Threat) and zero-day attacks detection and prevention. Founded by Professors Amir Averbuch (Tel-Aviv University) and Ronald Coifman (Yale), the company builds its product portfolio based on more than 7 years of academic research. ThetaRay’s product detects malware that today goes undetected by other cyber
CEO @ ThetaRay is a leader in the space of APT (Advanced Persistent Threat) and zero-day attacks detection and prevention. Founded by Professors Amir Averbuch (Tel-Aviv University) and Ronald Coifman (Yale), the company builds its product portfolio based on more than 7 years of academic research. ThetaRay’s product detects malware that today goes undetected by other cyber defense products. The solution achieves unprecedented detection rates and very low false alarms. The Company’s patented technology and algorithms are fully automated, unsupervised, do not need threshold settings, and do not rely on signatures or heuristics. The unique, field proven, solutions are relevant to several industries, such as telecommunications, critical infrastructure, financial services and defense. From May 2013 to Present (2 years 8 months) Managing Director Cyber and Intelligence Solutions @ Company: NASDQ: NICE - Nice Intelligence Solutions/Nicetrack is a division of $890M Nice Systems Ltd., Nice Intelligence Solutions provides Homeland Security Solutions including cyber and information intelligence to leading government and law enforcement agencies worldwide.
Customers: Governments, Law Enforcement Agencies, Security and Intelligence Agencies
Geographic Territory: Asia, Africa, Eastern Europe, Central America, Latin America
Transformed autonomous division into growth engine for entire corporation. Drove 75% organic sales increase. From February 2012 to March 2013 (1 year 2 months) Co-Founder & Chairman @ Company: China-Israel Gateway – a pioneer in enabling China-based investments in Israeli innovative companies.
* Launched organization focused on enabling Chinese corporations to invest in Israeli start-ups and establish Chinese R&D centers in Israel. Divested partnership shares. From 2011 to 2011 (less than a year) Group President & CEO, Board Member @ Company: PE/VC funded global telecommunications company providing IP connectivity via satellite and fiber to ISPs, Telcos, mobile operators, NGOs, global enterprises, and government entities in emerging market countries (Eastern Europe, Africa, Middle East, Asia).
Built an industry leading company and increased shareholder value from virtually zero to $115M. Grew revenue from $1M to $82M with $100M run rate. Expanded into the global market (US, EU, Africa).
* Led development of vision and strategy, corporate governance, operating infrastructure, and public corporation financial compliance.
* Engaged an esteemed board of directors and advisory board; recruited a top-tier senior leadership team.
* Secured 3 rounds of PE financing including: local private equity; investment at valuation of $45M by Shamrock (Roy E. Disney family fund); and investment at valuation of $115M by Citi Group via Citi Venture Capital Investment.
* Defined product portfolio, business development strategy, and global deployment activities that included establishment of registered offices in Bermuda, USA, UK, and Israel, with operations in Austria and USA.
* Structured strategic alliances with global national-level satellite companies; persuaded C-level executives to provide preferential treatment and pricing enabling startup to compete with large established companies.
* Established global and regional service operations in Eastern Europe, Asia, and Africa.
* Led networking, negotiation, and due-diligence processes resulting in strategic agreements and JVs with integrators, channels, and subsidiary establishment.
* Led expansion of global sales and operations into 50+ countries in emerging markets while maintaining 60% CAGR.
* Positioned company as an industry leader of IP services throughout Eastern Europe and Africa. From 2002 to 2010 (8 years) EVP, Deltathree, Inc., USA, CEO, Deltathree Ltd. @ Leading global provider of integrated VoIP, telephony, hosted solutions and infrastructure services and products with more than 6M registered clients and operation centers in the US and Europe.
CEO, Deltathree Ltd., Israel
Company: NASDAQ: DDDC (1999-2008) – Leading global provider of integrated VoIP, telephony, hosted solutions and infrastructure services and products with more than 6M registered clients and operation centers in the USA and Europe.
Recruited by Board of Directors, President & CEO following 1999 IPO to lead reorganization, resolve product/service issues, and grow company. Functioned as CEO and COO.
Increased share value by hundreds of a percent, enhanced financial results, and positioned Deltathree as an industry leader.
* Initiated an alliance with Cisco and Microsoft to define a standardized VoIP solution which resulted in a trilateral agreement that marketed Deltathree as the provider of choice.
* Recreated company product strategy, introduced private label strategy, and formalized value proposition.
* Built high-performance communication channels that coordinated US marketing and operations with the Israeli R&D center.
* Led reorganization; transitioned to SIP system; revamped operations driving five 9s service availability; and built a compliant and structured company while retaining agility.
* Streamlined human resources; restructured and built high-performance teams; and established intracultural communications throughout the US, Israel, and UK.
* Built mission-critical operation center in Manhattan, NY that withstood 9/11 attacks and provided VoIP service during power loss. Cyber resiliency feat was highly regarded by the board of directors. From 2000 to 2002 (2 years) EVP Technology & Infrastructure and Regulation @ Public Company - Leading Internet Service Provider in Israel. Subsidiary of IDB Corporation, currently Cellcom.
Recruited by NetVision CEO in 1997 via their acquisition of NetMedia, Ltd., a company I co-founded in 1995. Began as VP R&D and was promoted through a series of increasingly responsible leadership positions.
Functioned as Acting Deputy CEO and CIO; participated in board meetings.
Led strategies and initiatives that positioned NetVision as Israel’s leading service provider and attracted a buyer.
* Led company’s communications with government and regulatory entities; developed working relations with relevant Ministers; and served on Legislation Committees to build an independent, self-sustained, industry leading company.
* Installed a satellite system which increased company’s capacity 400% without increasing expenses. Achieved 100% uptime.
* Partnered with Worldcom-MCI to develop an innovative ISP technology.
* Established Cyber Security department that later became one of the leading players in the field.
* Conducted due diligence on acquisitions and led integrations. As co-founder of NetMedia, purchased by NetVision in 1997, led negotiations and sale of NetMedia. From 1995 to 2000 (5 years) Senior System Analyst & Head of Marketing @ Company: Privately held high-technology communication consultancy in Israel
Recruited by CEO.
* Consulted for Enterprise and SMB clients including Microsoft, Intel, National Bank of Israel, Israeli Power Corporation, and others on IT and data communications. Designed and implemented communication networks for numerous major enterprises.
* Established Widecom’s internet services, R&D department, and other essential functional areas. From 1993 to 1995 (2 years)
YPO-WPO Presidents' Seminar, Executive Management @ Harvard Business School From 2011 to 2012 M&A and Strategic Transactions @ London Business School From 2010 to 2010 Management Program for Emerging Companies @ TIM Technion Institute of Management From 2003 to 2004 Senior Business Management @ Tel Aviv University From 2002 to 2003 Mathematics and Computer Science @ The Hebrew University From 1991 to 1995 Practical Engineer with Honors @ The Hebrew University, ORT College From 1986 to 1988 Mark Gazit is skilled in: Start-ups, Telecommunications, Strategy, Business Development, Executive Management, Product Management, Emerging Markets, Mergers & Acquisitions, Business Strategy, Management, Integration, Global Marketing, Africa, Leadership, Security
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension