Senior/Lead Software Developer @ NeuStyle Software & Systems Corporation
Teacher of Adults @
As Sr. Software Developer, I have over 15 years of experience in various industries and I have coded in C/C++, C#/.NET, Java, Perl, and other languages but currently, I focus on C++. I am knowledgeable about Linux, HPUX, Solaris, AIX, Windows, and Novell Netware operating systems and recently added Apple Mac to my development knownledgebase. I know
As Sr. Software Developer, I have over 15 years of experience in various industries and I have coded in C/C++, C#/.NET, Java, Perl, and other languages but currently, I focus on C++. I am knowledgeable about Linux, HPUX, Solaris, AIX, Windows, and Novell Netware operating systems and recently added Apple Mac to my development knownledgebase. I know the SDLC and Agile software development methods. While I work with individuals professing 4 year degrees, I am completely self-taught and I like nothing better than learning something new that I have never seen before.
My side interest is psychology and cycling. I am studying, on a part-time basis, towards a B.A. in Psychology at York University here in Toronto, ON CANADA where I maintain an A average. I would like to work towards a Ph.D in Clinical/Developmental Psychology. In the meantime, it is a bit of a hobby.
For cycling, I hold a Masters 2 racing license, USAC CAT3, ride/race the Velodrome in London, ON, and use cycling to stay fit. I am a member of the Midweek Racing Team. Some people buy expensive cars. I buy expensive bikes. I have been called a fanatic when it come to training/riding. My cycling exploits are document on my website: http://www.hackcycling.ca. My goal is to place at the Master's National Track championships and race at the Worlds. I am also a licensed Provincial C Commissaire.
Presently, I live in Toronto, but I am looking to move out of Toronto to Milton or further west of the city.
Specialties: C/C++, Unix (Linux/HPUX/Solaris/AIX), VMware, C#/.NET
Sr. Software Developer @ • Key developer for the company's Continuous Protection/Online Backup product
• Storagepipe Solution is a Canadian backup company that provides backup solutions to companies looking to backup their data into the cloud and want to keep their data in Canada
• Implemented a new in-house backup system based in cross platform C++ targeted at Windows, Mac OSX, and Linux systems to replace the OEM software from IBM currently in use
• Architect/Design/Code/Development of web services based backup agent on Windows, Mac OSX, and Linux platforms using a SQLite local database connecting to the web services and WEBDAV systems in the cloud, C++ web services client/server developed using POCO
• Instituted Agile/SCRUM development methodology for entire team
• Instituted good software development practices such as nightly builds, unit tests, and shared code ownership where previously none existed.
• Implemented Windows installer using InstallAware
• C#/Managed C++ development on Windows when required to interface C++ libraries to Windows .NET applications
• Mentor to intermediate/junior developers From March 2012 to Present (3 years 10 months) Sr. Software Developer @ I maintain an incorporated company, DataSoft Communication Inc. which I used to do contracting and computer consulting. I have held contracts from Sema Group, ACC Global Net, iPrimus Canada, and PlateSpin in the timeframe where gaps appear in my job profile. From October 1998 to Present (17 years 3 months) Sr. Software Developer/Technical Lead @ - C#/ASP.NET/SQL developer working with Transportation Management Systems
- Instrumental in moving team to SCRUM methodology
- Instituted unit testing and standardized method of code reviews for team From February 2011 to March 2012 (1 year 2 months) Sr. Software Developer @ - i365 (formally Evault) is an Online Backup service provider that is part of Seagate and provides backup software for almost all platforms on the market
- Worked on the UNIX Agent team in an Agile software development environment based on SCRUM
- Technical Lead on the outsourcing of the AIX agent to India
- Code/Design/Development of software of multi-platform backup agents written in C++ and maintained for the Linux, HPUX, Solaris, AIX, Novell Netware and Windows platforms
- Debug and fix problems with related backup plugins for Microsoft SQL, Exchange, and Oracle.
- Installation and maintainance of HPUX , Solaris (X86/Sparc), Linux (Redhat/SUSE/Ubuntu) and AIX systems
- Create and maintain automated build system for Unix and Windows platforms
- Experience with Linux (Redhat 9, ES4/5, SUSE9/10, FedoraCore5-9), HPUX v11.11/v11.23, Solaris 8/9/10, AIX 5.3/6.1, Windows XP/2000/2003/2008/Vista, Novell Netware 6.0/6.5
Technologies: gSOAP, XML, C++, STL, Boost, Unix Shell From March 2007 to February 2011 (4 years) Sr. Software Developer @ - Logitech Harmony is in the consumer products business and is a manufacturer of TV/Stereo remote control products
- Implemented C driver code and Java support code on Embedded QNX for the infrared and ZWave features of the company’s new Harmony 1000 remote control platform (C, CUNIT, Java, JUNIT, QNX)
- Implemented Unit testing in Java and C to improve the quality of the company's code From August 2006 to January 2007 (6 months) Sr.Software Developer/Founding Employee @ - One of the original three people Stephen Pollack, CEO, brought back to restart the previously failed PlateSpin Canada Inc.
- PlateSpin is a software development company that develops product to manage virtual environments such as VMware and Microsoft Virtual Server; developer of the PowerConvert, PowerRecon, Operations Management Center products
- Senior team member part of the team responsible architecture and design of PlateSpin PowerConvert and PowerRecon software, member of the design review committee, mentor to junior developers
- Developerd utilizing C, C++, .NET, C#, Java, Web Services, XML, XSD From March 2003 to December 2005 (2 years 10 months) Team Lead/Sr. Software Developer @ - PlateSpin is a software development company that develops product to manage virtual environments such as VMware; developer of the Operations Management Center products. PlateSpin Canada Inc. folded in February 2003 and reopened in March 2003 as PlateSpin Ltd. under new management
- Lead team of six Java/C/C++ developers/mentor to junior developers, first team lead to successfully lead a team to meet project deadline
- Developed code in C, C++, Java From December 2000 to February 2003 (2 years 3 months) Product Architect @ - Spellcaster was in the small internet software and hardware business; developed Linux drivers for OEM’d ISDN hardware and an internet/network server appliance software package called Telescope
- Re-architected, designed, and developed IP billing/accounting system for UUNET ISP subscribers scalable to 1000+ concurrent users (Perl, HTML, Awk, Shell, Apache, Solaris)
- Designed and developed company intranet system (Perl, Apache, HTML)
- Provided technical support and professional services to UUNET customers to ensure customer retention From 1996 to 1998 (2 years) Software Engineer/Technical Support @ Held Technical Support and Software Engineer positions at ATI. From November 1990 to February 1996 (5 years 4 months)
B.A., Psychology @ York University From 2003 to 2018 Teacher of Adults @ Centennial College From 2005 to 2006 Devry From 1986 to 1988 SSGHD @ Stamford C.V.I. From 1980 to 1986 Mark Buckaway is skilled in: C++, VMware, Cloud Computing, Unix, Linux, Integration, XML, Virtualization, Agile Methodologies, Perl, Software Development, Solaris, Scrum, C, Embedded Systems