Technical Director, Integration & Messaging @ • Responsible for building and leading cross-functional agile engineering teams tasked with the responsibility of developing shared infrastructure and common services in support of system and product integrations, development and analytics.
• Responsible for architecting a self-service integrations model that empowers teams to develop integrations strategies relevant to their respective domains. (Stack: WSO2 API Manager, ESB & Identity Server, ActiveMQ, Kafka, ElasticSearch, Kibana, Hadoop & Cassandra)
• Responsible for architecting an analytics platform to support the aggregation, analysis and reactive processing of team, system and data metrics. (Stack: Scala, Akka, Akka Reactive Streaming, Storm, Redshift, InfluxDB, Grafana)
• Responsible for architecting and developing data and system APIs, consumed by client applications and internal orchestration services, in a wide variety of protocols and messaging models. (Stack: Scala, Akka, Spray, SBT, MongoDB)
• Responsible for serving on the Architectural Team that defines organization-wide Engineering Patterns and Best Practices.
• Responsible for assisting in the design and development of the Site Reliability Engineering Strategy, which includes static code analysis, SDLC management, build process, performance testing and performance management governance. From June 2014 to Present (1 year 7 months) Greater New York City AreaApplications Architect @ I have served as a Solutions Architect for various clients offering design, implementation and leadership consultation across multiple facets of application development, including Web, Mobile, Infrastructural and Cloud development. From January 2008 to June 2015 (7 years 6 months) Managing Partner / Head of Cloud Computing @ • I am a founding partner and senior consultant at SmartPath Labs where I head Platform Development and Cloud Solutions Architecture.
• As the head of Platform Development, I have architected and developed a multi-tenant platform, on node.js, that supports completely autonomous running environments by leveraging containerization offered by the Linux kernel (LXC). The SmartPath platform runs on any cloud or bare metal infrastructure that supports Linux and offers the ability to migrate across IAAS providers and offers monitoring, log aggregation, process healing and automated scale.
• As a Senior Consultant my responsibilities vary across projects. I have been a Technical Architect and Team Lead for a variety of start up companies. In this capacity I have defined infrastructural requirements (IAAS Providers, infrastructural assets like load balancers, servers, storage, etc.), led network, logical and process diagraming and led infrastructural development, managing small teams of developers (usually 3 or less). These environments have been built, primarily, on node.js, run on the SmartPath Platform and heavily utilize document-oriented database technologies (MongoDB and CouchDB).
• I have also served as a Senior Integrations Consultant, most recently for Mohegan Sun, where I have architected and engineered orchestrations, built predominantly atop Mule ESB, that integrate autonomous sub-systems of a given infrastructure. These sub-systems have ranged from services that support their own APIs to proprietary RPG applications, where screen scrapping was required in order to share valuable data.
• I served as Front-End Architect for various start-up companies. The majority of the developed web applications were built on angularJS and supported high levels of user interaction and 3rd-Party API integrations. From February 2013 to June 2014 (1 year 5 months) Chief Engineer @ • As Chief Engineer, I designed and developed the server-side infrastructure that supports various client applications. This effort included:
• Infrastructural design on AWS: Load Balancers, EC2 Instances, RDS Instances and S3 Storage as well as SES, Security Group management, Firewall management, Instance Configurations (on Linux instances) and other security concerns.
• Domain Modeling and Development: Designed and developed a distributed platform using standard TDD and DDD principles. Services endpoints were developed in node.js, utilizing restify, socket.io and stomp modules. Domain Services were developed in Java using Spring (IoC and AOP) and Mule (Orchestration, AOP). MySQL and MongoDB data stores were utilized.
• Continuous Integration and Build Processes: I configured and managed Team City as our CI Server. Java projects (Server-Side and Android) were built using Maven, which integrates easily into Team City. iOS projects required custom Build Agents to automate test suite execution, compilation and deployment.
• Team Management: I lead daily stand ups and supervised the entire engineering staff. We supported an Agile Development process in both Scrum and Kanban styles. I tracked velocity (w/ Scrum) and team productivity and managed all feature development.
• Lead the training and implementation of structured automated testing (emphasizing TDD) across the entire development team. Introduced a variety of technologies including Subversion, NUnit, Rhino Mocks and ReSharper. Led a series of trainings and headed the subsequent implementation of various GoF and DDD design patterns across the enterprise.
• Migrated legacy applications, written in Java, ASP and ColdFusion, over to the .NET framework and served as lead developer for those projects.
• Day-to-day responsibilities included mentoring junior developers, simplifying existing API’s to increase user productivity, collaborating with other senior developers to define technical standards and best practices for the development team and maintaining the quality of source code and overall software design. From October 2007 to April 2010 (2 years 7 months) Senior Applications Developer @ • Lead developer of all websites and web-based applications across the full software development lifecycle. I also managed all outside development and integrated such development into the large application infrastructure. All projects were ASP.NET /C#/SQL Server.
• Integrated various sites and applications within an established community of third-party applications used to manage the business.
• Developed all other aspects of their database architecture including jobs responsible for data-scrubbing, views/stored procedures used cross-application and indexing for query optimization. From 2005 to 2007 (2 years)
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension