Master's degree, Professional Writing @
University of Southern California
I’m a results-oriented leader who has successfully driven strategic marketing, communications and product development initiatives from concept-to-execution for more than 15 years. As digital marketing has expanded, so has my expertise in SEO, SEM, website development, user interface design, content marketing and social media. I enjoy tackling ambitious initiatives to build brand awareness, improve brand affinity, generate
I’m a results-oriented leader who has successfully driven strategic marketing, communications and product development initiatives from concept-to-execution for more than 15 years. As digital marketing has expanded, so has my expertise in SEO, SEM, website development, user interface design, content marketing and social media. I enjoy tackling ambitious initiatives to build brand awareness, improve brand affinity, generate leads, increase market share and boost profitability.
Specialties: Go-to-market strategy, online marketing, B2B marketing, B2C marketing, multimedia promotions, campaign planning, brand strategy, content marketing, public relations, internal communications, website development, SEO, SEM, audience acquisition, social media marketing, market research and analysis, budget management
Director of Marketing @ Develop marketing plan and direct all marketing, communications and branding strategies. Oversee corporate and service websites, intranet, online marketing, direct mail and email, public relations, social media marketing, internal communications and client outreach.
- Developed new brand identity, clarifying positioning to meet strategic objectives.
- Authored, produced and managed website, AccountControl.com.
- Increased website traffic growth 150% within two months on the job and sustained 60% year-over-year growth for two years running.
- Managed communications surrounding corporate acquisition of 3,200-employee firm.
- Executed public relations campaigns resulting in widespread coverage.
- Instituted digital marketing best practices using natural SEO, SEM/PPC and social media.
- Developed charter, clarified mission, produced website, managed scholarship programs and oversaw fundraising campaigns for charitable ACT Foundation. From September 2012 to Present (3 years 3 months) Director of Marketing @ Developed a corporate marketing strategy that placed the emerging marketing agency on a high-growth trajectory. Promoted to direct all business-to-business (B2B) marketing and business-to-consumer (B2C) product marketing for the company's proprietary content marketing platform. Directed the creation of multimedia collateral, business reporting tools, public relations outreach, social media marketing, websites, intranet, online audience engagement and digital promotions. Mentored reports in communications, design, analytics and customer service.
- Authored and executed strategic marketing plans that achieved customer acquisition, annual revenue and profit margin goals.
- Managed the marketing budget to consistently meet lead generation, audience subscription and client retention goals while reducing costs.
- Authored go-to-market strategies, boosting a product line’s revenue by 125% within one year.
- Maximized product management and marketing for CyberScholar.com, achieving the No. 1 industry ranking for the site, a 36% average annual growth in subscribers, and the 2010 Stevie Award for best training site.
- Created promotions for top consumer electronics and technology clients that grew brand advocacy and online engagement from 50% to 300%.
- Executed partnership acquisition strategy that increased retail partnerships from two to 28, adding Walmart and Best Buy, among others
- Increased client acquisition by 150% within six months of restructuring the proposal authoring process.
- Oversaw award-winning corporate and product rebranding, resulting in greater brand affinity.
- Generated a 250% increase in website traffic through award-winning site redesign, search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM) strategies.
- Directed trade show participation and speaking engagements at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES).
- Achieved high client retention by establishing business reporting website and review framework. From September 2004 to 2012 (8 years) Marketing & Public Relations Manager @ Joined the startup enterprise software developer as Public Relations Manager. Promoted to manage all marketing communications, with an emphasis on lead generation. Utilized Pragmatic Marketing Framework to develop presentations, white papers, case studies, demos, packaging, advertising, collateral and trade show presence.
- Utilized research, public relations and outreach to venture capitalists to help secure more than $17 million in funding.
- Led redesign of company website, converting it into the primary lead generation tool for two product lines.
- Boosted leads by 300% within two months and 600% within one year through strategic online, e-mail and print marketing campaigns.
- Achieved a 300% increase in website traffic by innovating SEO and SEM strategies and by posting content on IT community message boards, forums and industry websites.
- Managed product launches to spur multiple analyst briefings, positive product reviews and trade journal coverage.
- Served as administrator for Salesforce.com, partnering with sales to assess the leads pipeline. From October 2000 to September 2004 (4 years) Director of Communications @ Hired as Corporate Copywriter and soon was promoted with management responsibility over public relations, media relations and internal communications for what was the nation’s sixth largest real estate company. Promoted to Director of Communication to lead internal projects and serve on marketing department's management team.
- Utilized strategic communications to raise the company’s profile, helping to push growth in annual sales volume from $4 billion o $7.6 billion and making the independent firm an attractive acquisition target for Coldwell Banker.
- Contributed to rapid corporate expansion from 25 to 65 offices by developing marketing handbook for franchise locations.
- Conceived and managed corporate website, which was rated among the industry’s best.
- Edited newsletter for more than 2,700 sales agents.
- Increased corporate standing by coordinating interviews for CEO with television and print media worldwide.
- Coordinated publicity, media relations and logistics for annual charity event. From June 1995 to September 2000 (5 years 4 months)
Master's degree, Professional Writing @ University of Southern California From 1993 to 1995 B.A., English-Writing, Theatre @ Knox College Mark Boeder is skilled in: Email Marketing, Product Marketing, Online Marketing, Marketing Communications, Digital Marketing, Marketing Strategy, Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Market Research, Advertising, SEO, Brand Development Strategy, Start-ups, Social Media, SEM