Bachelor of Science, Microbiology @
The University of Texas at El Paso
Senior Supply Chain and Project Management Professional – 18+ years in biologics pharmaceutical manufacturing focused on, supply chain management, and project management. Mature, savvy, and results oriented leader, who builds teams to solve complex problems. Consistently recognized for team work and collaboration by peers and management. Earned BS in Microbiology and MBA in Operations and Supply Chain
Senior Supply Chain and Project Management Professional – 18+ years in biologics pharmaceutical manufacturing focused on, supply chain management, and project management. Mature, savvy, and results oriented leader, who builds teams to solve complex problems. Consistently recognized for team work and collaboration by peers and management. Earned BS in Microbiology and MBA in Operations and Supply Chain Management. Certified Production and Inventory Management and Project Management Professional since 2009. Located in San Diego, CA.
Principal Planner, MBA,CPIM,PMP @ •Lead cohesive team of portfolio managers, project managers, and production schedulers to manage $11.8 million project budget, integrating project and production schedules to minimize production downtime and maximize plant capacity.
•As Master Scheduler, led cross-functional teams to ensure operational readiness, develop integrated plans to mitigate the risk of delays on product shipment, and achieve $98 million annual drug substance inventory targets.
•Manage the Master Data Business Process by assigning accountability to Manufacturing, Quality, and Technology to ensure accuracy in ERP master data (BOM, routing, resource, location, material master) by maintaining KPIs above 95%, and integrating data verification with data collection processes.
•Led deployment of the SAP Supply Network Collaboration system across three companies (Roche, Genentech, Chugai) to enable purchase order collaboration, supply network inventory, and forecast monitoring, managing multicultural, multifunctional, and remote teams in a matrix organization.
•Integrate project intake and plant schedule business processes so that production, planned maintenance, routine validation, small projects, and capital project schedules are organized into one set of numbers to provide visibility and an effective way to assess resource conflicts across projects using Primavera. From January 2010 to Present (5 years 10 months) Greater San Diego AreaSenior Planner @ • Mobilized cross-functional teams to facilitate root cause analysis, resolve issues related to MES to ERP interfaces, analyze recipe changes to determine impact on BOM, and approve associated documentation in cGMP change management systems.
• Led a cross-functional team (Quality, Technology, and Manufacturing) to ensure operational readiness to execute the master production schedule, to assess engineering changes for impact to capacity and raw materials supply, and to identify and mitigate risks to schedule delays.
• Improved BOM accuracy measurement process by developing BW report specification, business process instructions, and integrating measurement with daily operations resulting in more accurate BOMs, reduction in inventory investment ($500k favorable variance), and accurate MRP. From June 2007 to January 2010 (2 years 8 months) Oceanside, CAPlanner @ • Maintained the production schedule in alignment with production targets to enable the materials planning and supply processes by implementing a standardized system for updating, monitoring, and configuring an advanced scheduling application.
• Developed, implemented, monitored, and improved SLAs (Service Level Agreements) to maintain customer satisfaction levels for raw materials inventory and manufacturing labor loading.
• Coordinated shop floor activities associated with business systems transactions such as preparing production variance reports, inventory reconciliation, materials logistics, and shop order execution. From August 2005 to June 2007 (1 year 11 months) Oceanside, CaAnalyst III @ • Implemented a detailed schedule using Infor Advanced Scheduling and designed reports using Crystal and Business Objects to support manufacturing operations.
• Developed business process to integrate planning and execution systems, to enable material consumption and drug substance inventory production transactions, by standardizing a batch assignment procedure to link ERP shop orders with MES execution orders.
• Improved scheduling business process by facilitating weekly scheduling meeting with key stakeholders to ensure accurate production schedules. From January 2004 to August 2005 (1 year 8 months) Associate II Planner/Scheduler @ • Led cross-functional team to revise SOPs and tracked target due dates to ensure the successful qualification of the manufacturing facility.
• Maintained detailed schedules of project deliverables for management and project teams.
• Prepared and disseminated periodic project reports/metrics, project schedule information, and presentation materials. From April 2002 to January 2004 (1 year 10 months) Associate Planner @ • Planned/scheduled production of biological pharmaceuticals for multiple work centers by executing an effective scheduling process using advanced scheduling applications and by following documented business processes.
• Led project to define an input/output control process to capture actual production performance and measure against planned targets.
• Analyzed production data to determine manufacturing throughput and maintained planning assumptions for capacity management. From October 1998 to April 2002 (3 years 7 months) Sr. Bioprocess Technician @ • Utilized manufacturing formulas and SOPs in the production of biological pharmaceuticals to operate and troubleshoot bioprocess machinery and analytical instruments.
• Provided documented technical input in the form of SOPs to production process implementation teams.
• Coordinated drug production campaigns for clinical trials. From June 1997 to October 1998 (1 year 5 months) Petty Officer Second Class @ Served four years active duty military as an Oceanographic/Meteorological Technician on board the USS Constellation (CV-64). Received Honorable Discharge from active service in 1994. From February 1990 to February 1994 (4 years 1 month) USS Constellation - San Diego CA
MBA, Operations and Supply Chain Management @ Golden Gate University From 2000 to 2003 Bachelor of Science, Microbiology @ The University of Texas at El Paso From 1994 to 1997 BS, Microbiology and Immunology @ The University of Texas at El Paso From 1994 to 1997 CCL (San Diego)EHS Marco Baca is skilled in: SAP, MS Project, Primavera P6, Crystal Reports, GMP, Biotechnology, Validation, Sop, FDA, Change Control, Pharmaceutical Industry, Biopharmaceuticals, CAPA, GAMP, Process Improvement, Quality System, Project Management, LIMS, Quality Assurance, Six Sigma, Manufacturing, Production Planning, Software Documentation, SOP, Scheduling, Cross-functional Team..., Project Planning