Master's degree, Telecommunications Engineering, Merit master: Signal theory and communications @
Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya
Marc is going to defense his PhD thesis on Jan. 2016. The thesis has been carried out at the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC), where he also obtained his Telecommunications Engineering degree and Master's degree in 2011 and 2013, respectively. The main topics of his thesis are Wireless Communications and Network Information Theory. During its development, he
Marc is going to defense his PhD thesis on Jan. 2016. The thesis has been carried out at the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC), where he also obtained his Telecommunications Engineering degree and Master's degree in 2011 and 2013, respectively. The main topics of his thesis are Wireless Communications and Network Information Theory. During its development, he has participated in many European Projects, and collaborated as a teaching assistant in the Pattern Recognition course for undergraduate students.
Marc likes learning new concepts, methodologies and technologies day to day. During his studies, he was a very proactive student, working as research assistant for different groups at the UPC. Moreover, he has been enrolled in some Coursera lectures.
Teaching, help develop people, and build their confidence, is also one of his main interests. Up to 2010, he was part of a scout group, working as volunteer monitor with teenagers from 11 to 17 during 3 years. Moreover, he has worked as private teacher with many undergraduate students, teaching a number of first and second year courses of different engineering studies. Likewise, he has collaborated as teaching assistant in the Pattern recognition course at the UPC during his PhD, and supervised a group of students for the development of an innovative freely distributed network planning tool in the context of the TUCAN3G project.
Researcher @ Phd fellowship in the signal processing and communications group. Main focus is on the study of the fundamental limits of information-theoretic MIMO systems, and its application to practical systems.
- Design of transmission strategies for wireless multi-user multi-antenna networks, improving all previous state-of-the-art approaches in terms of efficiency and/or complexity (Linear Algebra, Optimization)
- Simulation of the proposed techniques (Matlab)
- Contribution to four European Commission Projects: Rocket, Freedom, Tropic, and Tucan3G
- Supervision of a group of students for the design of an innovative and freely distributed network planning tool for rural environments (Matlab, C++)
- Elaboration of novel research papers, published in journals or presented in international conferences (Latex, Adobe Illustrator)
Full list of publications can be found at https://spcom.upc.edu/index.php?user=marc From September 2011 to Present (4 years 4 months) Barcelona Area, SpainPrivate Teacher @ Private classes at first course graduate level. Particularly:
- Single and multivariable calculus, Linear Algebra, Logic, Differential equations
- Basic Numerical methods, Statistics and probability
- Digital circuits design
- Analog and Digital signal theory
- Matlab From September 2009 to Present (6 years 4 months) Teaching assistant of Pattern Classification @ - Lab sessions lecturer. Occasionally, theory sessions lecturer
- Update of software for lab sessions
- Design of a new lab session, aiming to predict Titanic deaths thanks to machine learning techniques (Matlab, Machine Learning) From September 2012 to February 2013 (6 months) Teaching Assistant for the AC group @ Design and implementation of a project for the lab sessions of the "Introduction to C programming'' course, aiming to motivate students for the "Linear Algebra'' course. The project consists in developing a software able to draw the shadow of a cube as a function of the direction of light, entered as input (C, Linear Algebra). From February 2007 to February 2008 (1 year 1 month)
Master of Science (M.Sc.), Telecommunications Engineering, 8.09 - 2.49 @ Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya From 2006 to 2011 Master's degree, Telecommunications Engineering, Merit master: Signal theory and communications @ Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya From 2011 to 2013 Computer Science @ coursera From 2013 to 2013 Marc Torrellas is skilled in: Signal Processing, MIMO, Linear Algebra, Matlab, Java, LaTeX, Pattern Recognition, Convex Optimization, Network Information Theory, C, Python, Raspberry Pi, Programming, Android, Mac OS, MS Excel Pivot Tables, Google Scripts for Drive Spreadsheets, Machine Learning, Simulations
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension