Executive Vice President: Head Marketing, Retail Liabilities and Electronic Banking @ Axis Bank
Associate Director Dentifrice Marketing @ Colgate Palmolive India
Consumer Innovation Centre Manager @ Colgate Palmolive
M Sc, Biotechnology @
Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
I have spent 18 years in the Corporate world across FMCG and Banking. After doing sales and marketing roles in Unilever and Colgate Palmolive in the personal care categories, I successfully transitioned into Banking as the Chief Marketing Officer of Axis Bank. Carrying my marketing knowledge into Banking, I set up the marketing team and delivered on
I have spent 18 years in the Corporate world across FMCG and Banking. After doing sales and marketing roles in Unilever and Colgate Palmolive in the personal care categories, I successfully transitioned into Banking as the Chief Marketing Officer of Axis Bank. Carrying my marketing knowledge into Banking, I set up the marketing team and delivered on the Brand and Business goals. Over time, I also got additional responsibility of managing all the Electronic Banking Channels of Axis Bank namely ATMs, Internet Banking and Mobile Banking and of managing the Retail Products & Portfolio. The three and a half years at Axis Bank helped me evolve from a Marketing Professional to a General Manager.
The urge to reinvent myself yet again and chase my idea of 10 years prompted me to turn entrepreneur with my start up IndianArtCollectors.com.
Executive Vice President: Head Marketing, Retail Liabilities and Electronic Banking @ As the Head of Marketing, Retail Liabilities and Electronic Banking, I am responsible for the following at Axis Bank:
- All Marketing communication across brand, product and branches - keeping the brand salient, and products & branches activated.
- Retail Liabilities products, customer experience and portfolio/ Customer Lifecycle Management - ensuring customer activation, engagement and deepening. Delivering new products, product profitability and mix.
- Deployment and Performance of Electronic Banking channels namely, ATMs, Internet Banking, Mobile Banking, including Digital Payments - driving innovation, revenues and profitability.
- Bank wide customer Rewards and Loyalty Program - eDGE Loyalty Rewards - driving loyalty and engagement. From June 2013 to January 2014 (8 months) Mumbai Area, IndiaSr. Vice President & Chief Marketing Officer @ As the Chief Marketing Officer at Axis Bank, I am responsible for the strategy & execution of the following:
- New Product Development for Retail Liabilities
- Brand positioning & advertising for Axis Group Companies (Bank, AMC and Direct)
- Customer Strategy for the Bank.
- Digital marketing strategy for the Bank which includes i) Internet Banking and ii) Mobile Banking. This includes managing the interface, driving more traffic to digital channels, and launching new products and services on this interface.
- As a part of touchpoints, my team also manages the look and feel of the Bank branches. Recently we have undertaken a branch redesign exercise focusing on the Customer experience within the Branches. Regular merchandising & communication at the Branches is also implemented by this team.
- Customer Campaign Implementation & Management
- Bank wide Loyalty program design & implementation & management
- Design, printings & management of all collateral, communication and collectibles that are sent to customers and non customers from time to time. From August 2010 to May 2013 (2 years 10 months) Axis House, Worli. MumbaiAssociate Director Dentifrice Marketing @ Manage the dentifrice marketing portfolio for Colgate Palmolive India. This consists of all the products under the Colgate brand such as Colgate Dental Cream, Max Fresh, Active Salt, Toothpowder - totalling to a 1200 crores net sales portfolio. Responsible for brand building, advertising, and on ground brand activation in the Indian market. From January 2008 to August 2010 (2 years 8 months) Consumer Innovation Centre Manager @ I am responsible for new product development for the Indian market with Colgate. I lead a team of cross functional professionals and together we understand the consumer, unearth insights, generate new product ideas, validate and finally convert them into new products to launch in the market for incremental share. From September 2004 to December 2007 (3 years 4 months) Sr Product Manager @ Managed Innovation on Pond's & Vaseline skin care brands. From September 2001 to August 2004 (3 years)
PGDBA, Marketing, Strategy @ Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore From 1995 to 1997 M Sc, Biotechnology @ Jawaharlal Nehru University From 1993 to 1995 B Sc, Biophysics @ Panjab University From 1990 to 1993 Class XI-XII, Science @ Govt College for Girls, Chandigarh From 1988 to 1990 Class X @ Guru Nanak Public School, Chandigarh From 1982 to 1988 Manisha Gupta is skilled in: New Product Development, Advertising Development, Consumer Insights, Financial Services..., FMCG, Customer Insight, Marketing Management, Product Launch, Product Development, Strategy, Financial Services, Advertising, Positioning, Brand Management, Segmentation, Competitive Analysis, Marketing Research, Cross-functional Team..., Rural Marketing, Market Research, Market Planning, Product Management, Product Marketing, Loyalty Programs, Marketing, Digital Marketing, Marketing Communications, Business Strategy, Business Innovation, Team Management