Vice President of Internal Audit - Chief Audit Executive @ Monogram Residential Trust
Senior Director Internal Audit - Chief Audit Executive @ CyrusOne
Internal Audit Director @ MetroPCS
Golden Gate University
Vice President of Internal Audit - Chief Audit Executive @ From March 2015 to Present (10 months) Senior Director Internal Audit - Chief Audit Executive @ Established the Internal Audit function for a newly public $1.5 billion dollar Enterprise Data Center provider with 26 locations worldwide. Successfully implementing Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) §302 & §404, and COSO 2013 compliance
Vice President of Internal Audit - Chief Audit Executive @ From March 2015 to Present (10 months) Senior Director Internal Audit - Chief Audit Executive @ Established the Internal Audit function for a newly public $1.5 billion dollar Enterprise Data Center provider with 26 locations worldwide. Successfully implementing Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) §302 & §404, and COSO 2013 compliance requirements in a substantially compressed timeline of less than six months.
- Develop and lead all aspects of the Internal Audit department including risk assessments, audit plan development and execution, project management, SOX & COSO 2013 compliance, Audit Committee reporting, budgeting, staffing, goal setting, and talent development.
- Leading the implementation of SOX and COSO 2013 including; the development of narratives, process flows, identification of key & non-key controls, testing controls, deficiency remediation, and the mapping of controls to the COSO 2013 17 Principles and 87 Points of Focus.
- Provide oversight of the internal control environment for executive management and the Board of Directors. Provide regular reporting to the Audit Committee of the Board on the company’s system of internal controls, significant audit recommendations, risk assessments, and related activities.
- Develop the annual audit plan using a risk-based approach in conjunction with executive and departmental management and the external auditors. Established the ongoing risk management process to include SOX, Internal Audit, Fraud, and Enterprise Risk Assessments.
- Proactively identify, assess, and oversee the resolution of potential risks and obstacles to achieving corporate objectives, including business growth. Ensure the audit process is utilized to identify control weaknesses and develop recommendations beneficial to a fast paced evolving Company. From January 2014 to January 2015 (1 year 1 month) Dallas/Fort Worth AreaInternal Audit Director @ Directed the Internal Audit function for an $8 billion dollar Telecommunications Company with 33 markets and 5,500 retail stores nationwide. Recruited to build the Internal Audit department, which was recognized by the Institute of Internal Auditors as being in the top 5% of audit departments reviewed during the most recent quality assurance review. From 2006 to January 2014 (8 years) Internal Audit and Tax Manager @ Reporting directly to the CFO, managed the internal audit, external audit, and tax functions for the third largest Medium Density Fiberboard Manufacturer in the U.S. with 13 divisions nationwide and annual sales of $500 million. From 2004 to 2006 (2 years) Assistant Corporate Controller @ Directly supported the Corporate Controller as a key member of the Finance and Accounting team. From 2002 to 2004 (2 years) Experienced Senior Consultant @ From 2000 to 2003 (3 years) Audit and Tax Senior @ From 1996 to 2000 (4 years) Staff Acountant @ From 1996 to 1997 (1 year)
MBA, Finance @ Golden Gate UniversityMS, Taxation @ Golden Gate UniversityBS Business Administration, Accounting and Finance @ San Diego State University-California State University
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension