Bachelor of Education @
Queensland University of Technology
Head of Marketing @ From April 2015 to Present (9 months) Hemel Hempstead, United KingdomHead of Marketing, The Cloud @ The Cloud, part of Sky, is the UK’s largest provider of public WiFi providing connectivity in over 22,000 venues, such as M&S, Caffé Nero, PizzaExpress and many more. Accountable for all areas of marketing including B2C and
Head of Marketing @ From April 2015 to Present (9 months) Hemel Hempstead, United KingdomHead of Marketing, The Cloud @ The Cloud, part of Sky, is the UK’s largest provider of public WiFi providing connectivity in over 22,000 venues, such as M&S, Caffé Nero, PizzaExpress and many more. Accountable for all areas of marketing including B2C and B2B communications, PR, social media, digital marketing and events and management of the marketing team.
Duties & responsibilities:
• Ownership of The Cloud’s consumer marketing strategy, including management of database of 12 million consumers
• Database analysis for both our own customers and the customers of our business clients, including profiling, segmentation and targeting
• Development of B2B acquisition and retention campaigns, including print and online advertising, email, events, hospitality, social media and sales documentation – 50% increase in revenue achieved year-on-year
• Development and management of The Cloud’s value added product range, including The Cloud Offers (a digital offers platform that promotes partner and affiliate offers to our 12 million customer base, including location based geo-targeted offers), consumer NPS surveys, FastConnect app (achieved 2.5 million downloads)
• Building The Cloud social media channels and the development of an online influencer plan
• Development of The Cloud website including SEO, content strategy and blog
• Responsible for The Cloud’s own digital sales platform, working with media agencies to sell mobile advertising space across our network
• Development of The Cloud’s consumer research survey and B2B Client satisfaction monitor
• Development of an integrated PR plan to increase media coverage on and offline, including an annual calendar of key events around thought leadership, white papers, press releases, partner case studies and media alerts
• Management of The Cloud marketing team of four From January 2012 to February 2015 (3 years 2 months) St Albans, United KingdomMarketing Manager UK & RoI @ TomTom is the world leader in portable navigation devices, with offices in Europe, North America and Asia Pacific.
Duties & responsibilities:
• Responsible for all marketing activities in UK and Ireland, including ATL, in-store communication, sales literature and training, online communication, PR and social media, ensuring consistency across all disciplines
• Marketing of ‘LIVE TomTom HD Traffic’, working with TFL, Government agencies, radio stations, and digital Amscreens to increase awareness of the service
• Development of the UK and Ireland sales and marketing team strategy and targets
• Driving higher ASP for TomTom and increasing market value share - increasing market share and outperforming the market by +7% in a market of -3%, during a tough economic climate
• Development of the product promotional plan, including pricing analysis
• Analysis of market data (GFK)
• Developing TomToms’ B2B business and building partnerships with Renault, Hertz, BP, NCP etc.
• Development a successful integrated marketing campaign, in conjunction with Renault, which gained significant media exposure through radio, online and in-store, for minimal cost.
• Management of marketing agencies (creative, digital, field sales)
• Line management of a team of 5 From November 2009 to December 2011 (2 years 2 months) BTL Marketing Communications Manager Europe @ Role progression from original objective of managing the in-store marketing communication materials across Europe to management and implementation of brand strategy, ATL comms, retail education and all in-store communications.
Duties & responsibilities:
• Building relationships and influencing marketing and sales teams throughout EMEA
• POS strategy, design & roll-out – across EMEA, also including support to APAC – key achievement of on time delivery for all countries (24), something that was not achieved in previous years.
• Shop-in-Shop strategy including messaging, design & roll-out – across EMEA
• Working with the Brand Director to develop brand strategies and new ATL campaigns for roll-out across Europe
• Translations management – All materials across 20 languages
• Budget management – BTL budget for all countries, approx €20 million
• Quality control – Approval on all artwork created by the Central Trade Marketing team
• Costs optimization – Introducing an open book calculation for all suppliers, reducing numbers of suppliers. Also by taking the print management in-house I achieved a reduction in the BOM costs for printing by 50% compared to the previous year
• Line management of a team of 4 From January 2007 to October 2009 (2 years 10 months) Director @ Circle IMC is an integrated marketing agency based in London. Re-recruited as Director after working for Circle for 3 years previously, managing a varied client base including Pernod Ricard, Slough Estates and Fujifilm.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Designing, building and implementing marketing campaigns and strategies, both locally and globally
• Developing brand guidelines, gifting, mentoring events, point-of-sale, promotional DVDs, on and off premise activities and merchandising units for Chivas Brothers with the aim of delivering consistency across their markets and assisting with local implementation
• Building and maintaining good client relations
• Managing a team, developing their skills and ensuring their performance, quality of output, cost management and time management are in line with expectations
• Controlling the profitability of my accounts
• Developing and pitching new ideas and promotional strategies to current and prospective clients
• Additional Director responsibilities included general management of the company, including managing capacity and finance From September 2005 to December 2006 (1 year 4 months) London, United KingdomTrade Marketing Manager @ Enhancing the presence of their digital products across the whole retail sector with the main aim of increasing sales/market share. Implementing and managing successful campaigns that delivered a good ROI with a significant increase in sales and braking down a number of barriers that existed within Fuji and with their retail customers.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Creating tailored promotions for specific retailers, including exclusive packages and added value products
• Developing in-store training days to educate both the retailers’ staff and their customers
• Working closely with the Business Sales Managers to build Fujifilm’s presence in each sector. During 2004 the Grocery Sector in Fujifilm grew by 400% to become one of the largest areas of revenue for digital cameras and accessories.
• Developing the ‘Fuji First’ mystery shopper campaign. Aimed at the independent trade this campaign encouraged shop staff to show a Fujifilm digital camera first, when approached by a customer. The activity increased sales in these outlets by 26.5% compared with the same period in 2003
• Within the Duty Free sector I developed and implement tailored product offerings and promotions or the Duty Free and Independent sectors giving them a point of difference
• Developing new product launches and building brand awareness in-store through the use of point-of-sale materials, brochures and competitions
• Analysis of market data from GFK and presenting back to the business and customers From November 2003 to August 2005 (1 year 10 months) London, United KingdomAccount Executive > Senior Account Manager @ • Working on the Chivas Regal and The Glenlivet accounts, responsibilities included developing ATL advertising, brand photography and videos and co-ordinating a major global charity event, Chivas 200, which involved 200 charities from around the world and included auction lots from many celebrities including Charlize Theron, Richard Branson, Joanna Lumley and many more.
• Promoted to Account Manager year one, then to Senior Account Manager during year two. From March 1999 to October 2003 (4 years 8 months) London, United Kingdom
CIM Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing @ Chartered Institute of Marketing From 2001 to 2002 Bachelor of Education, PE, Biology @ Queensland University of Technology From 1992 to 1995 Secondary Education @ Immanuel Lutheran College From 1987 to 1991 Lyndal Newman is skilled in: Digital Marketing, Multi-channel Marketing, Product Marketing, Consumer Electronics, Product Management, B2C, B2B Marketing, Trade Marketing, Brand Development Strategy, Campaign Management, Mobile Marketing, Online Marketing, Customer Insight, Brand Architecture, Brand Development, Business Development, SEO, Social Media, Strategy
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension