Designer with a proven track record in Interaction Design, Information Architecture, Art Direction, Design Management, and production of mobile, desktop, and web applications. With detailed knowledge of design and coding practices I consistently bring design concepts to life with prototypes and quickly iterate complex interactions. Highly respected for ability to unite disciplines within organizations and place focus
Designer with a proven track record in Interaction Design, Information Architecture, Art Direction, Design Management, and production of mobile, desktop, and web applications. With detailed knowledge of design and coding practices I consistently bring design concepts to life with prototypes and quickly iterate complex interactions. Highly respected for ability to unite disciplines within organizations and place focus on user needs through a user-centered approach to design.
Director, User Experience - Google Apps @ - Manages a team of 60+ designers, researchers, and prototypers
- Responsible for overall UX vision, design, and quality for core Google Apps products
- Google Admin Console
- Google Classroom
- Google Docs
- Google Drawings
- Google Drive
- Google Forms
- Google Groups
- Google Reseller Console
- Google Sites
- Google Sheets
- Google Slides
- Google Vault From January 2013 to Present (3 years) UX Architect - Ads Products @ From July 2012 to December 2012 (6 months) San Francisco Bay AreaUX Lead - Ads Products @ From April 2012 to June 2012 (3 months) San Francisco Bay AreaLead Designer - Google Analytics @ - Led design and research of Google Analytics v5.
- Grew the UX team from 3 to 12
- Responsible for Flow Visualization concept. Worked closely with Research, Product Management, and Engineering to refine and implement feature. From September 2010 to March 2012 (1 year 7 months) San Francisco Bay AreaDirector, Design Flex Force @ From October 2008 to October 2010 (2 years 1 month) Principal Interaction Designer @ - Architect of information and interaction design for redesigned Yahoo! Developer Network site.
- Used object modeling and task flow analysis to inform site structure and navigation
- Worked closely with developers to design interaction and interface of Yahoo! User Interface Library (YUI) components such as Rich Text Editor, Data Table, Slider, and Calendar.
- Authored article “Challenges of Interface Design for Mobile Devices”
- Provided Art Direction for YUI visual skin reference implementation
- Evangelized effective design and development techniques at conferences and internal events. From November 2007 to July 2008 (9 months) Senior Interaction Designer @ - Presented seminars on design best-practices to Yahoo! designers, engineers, and product managers
- Architected user experience for Yahoo! registration overhaul — yielded a 107% increase in account creation.
- Instilled user-centered design as a core foundation of Yahoo! Membership products and united the Design, Product Management, Engineering, and Security teams toward prioritizing user needs as a strategic business decision. From August 2006 to November 2007 (1 year 4 months) Interaction Designer @ - Lead Interaction Designer for Yahoo! Personals profile and communication sections.
- Spearheaded dating profile redesign project from conception by collaborating with various design, product, and marketing disciplines.
- Created mental model diagrams to communicate user expectations as a basis of design efforts
- Instrumental in designing and advocating user-focused enhancements that increased site traffic by 30%.
- Audited site and created a comprehensive site map and page template taxonomy to speed development
- Designed rich interactions to improve usability of search results and profile creation. From August 2004 to August 2006 (2 years 1 month) Owner @ Designed web sites, identity collateral, and applications for several corporations.
- Yaga, Inc. - Designed the interaction and interface for a micro-payment web application.
- Marimba, Inc. - Designed interaction for enterprise-level change management administration tools.
- Ansible - Designed Palm OS mobile application interfaces for proof of concept prototypes.
- The Bower Team - Designed real-estate site for a Bay Area realtor.
- Bright and Early Coffee - Designed corporate internet site
- NuTool, Inc. - Designed corporate internet site and marketing collateral From 2002 to March 2006 (4 years) Senior User Experience Designer @ - Designed tool that allows network administrators to install patches onto machines on a network.
- Conducted contextual interviews to help refine existing designs and create a well defined set of personas.
- Shaped the design process by mentoring team members and department-wide training sessions.
- Helped plan installation of in-house usability lab. From 2003 to 2004 (1 year) Designer (Contractor) @ Designed corporate web site and collateral. From January 2003 to March 2003 (3 months) Senior Web Designer @ - Designed the interaction model and interface for GetThere’s flagship corporate product based on contextual interviews of current users, persona creation and analysis, usability testing, and an iterative design process.
- Improved user flows and IA for products which led to a 10-fold increase in product usability.
- Worked closely with key customers to design and build corporate and leisure travel portals.
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension