I have been working in the Events Production industry for 17 years. I started on the agency side of the business working for Carlson Marketing Group. After spending 9 years on the agency side, I transitioned to the client side and have been with Google for the past 9 years (since 2004). I was the first events
I have been working in the Events Production industry for 17 years. I started on the agency side of the business working for Carlson Marketing Group. After spending 9 years on the agency side, I transitioned to the client side and have been with Google for the past 9 years (since 2004). I was the first events person hired at Google and built the existing Marketing Events team.
Director, US Events @ Responsible for team of professional event managers, who support marketing and PR events across the company. Oversee start-to-finish project and team management for Google’s highest profile events. Includes all decision-making relative to hiring, strategy, budgets, vendor management and oversight of event logistics.
- Over 9 years, built Google’s Marketing Events team. Continuous team mentorship on all elements of strategic event planning, production quality, flawless execution, cost-effective procedures and success measurement.
- Created platform for Google’s event identity and design. Established model for how to bring Google’s brand to life.
- Constructed tiering system to help scale team resources and keep team focused on the most strategic events.
- Developed agency support strategy.
- Manage events department budget.
- Built Google I/O, leading global developer conference, hosting over 6,000 people, including 300 members of the international press.
- Lead event producer of the Zeitgeist Partner Forum, Google’s exclusive CXO thought leadership event.
- Lead event producer for the Americas Sales Conference, hosting 3,700 Googlers from across the US.
- Managed Google’s event presence at both the 2008 Democratic and Republican National Conventions. Responsible for all product display areas and high-profile convention parties in both locations.
- Lead event producer for Google's 2009 inauguration event.
- Managed Google and YouTube’s presence at the 2007 CNN*YouTube Democratic and Republican Presidential Primary Debates. Worked with CNN and internal Google teams on all event logistics for Press Filing Center, Press Lunch, After-Party.
- Managed strategic high-profile product launches for Search, Chrome, Android, YouTube, Boutiques.com, Google X, Google.org.
- Managed Analyst, Press and Shareholder events.
- Managed Google’s presence at CES.
- Managed all event details and logistics for 6 regional CMO Summits. From January 2004 to Present (12 years) Events Manager @ 6 month contract position
- 10 web seminars
- Multi-city seminar series
- High-end executive event focused on public sector initiative From August 2003 to January 2004 (6 months) Account Manager @ Held full accountability for start-to-finish project management which included all decision-making relative to budgets, venues, contract negotiation, logistics, catering, A/V, event website creation and enhancement, marketing strategies and collateral authorship/publication/distribution, sponsor and exhibitor sales, signage/branding, content and program development, registration operations and vendor relations.
- RSA Conference 2002 & 2003, US
- RSA Conference 2002, Europe (Palais des Congrés, Paris, France)
- RSA Conference 2001, Asia (SICEC, Singapore)
- RSA Security’s Wireless Live Events (Singapore, Santa Clara and Stockholm)
- RSA Keon Ten-City Seminar Series From December 1999 to July 2003 (3 years 8 months) Project Coordinator @ From March 1998 to December 1999 (1 year 10 months) Registration Coordinator @ From August 1996 to March 1998 (1 year 8 months) Public Events Assistant @ From November 1995 to June 1996 (8 months)
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Communications @ University of California, Santa Barbara Lorin Platto is skilled in: Awesomeness, Event Management, Event Design, Experiential Marketing, Team Management, Team Leadership, Visionary Thinking, Branding & Identity, Logistics Management, Hiring Employees, Building World Class Teams, Product Launch Events, Conference Production, Creative Vision, Relationship Marketing, Vendor Management, Management, Leadership
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension