Savvy professional fueling multi-million dollar revenues of top multi-platform games for industry leaders through 10+ years of marketing experience for such companies as Disney Interactive. Skillfully synthesizes branding, multimedia advertising, packaging, retail, PR, events promotion, and social media marketing to drive sales. Dynamic understanding of customer lifecycle marketing, market research, analytics, paid customer acquisition and retention as
Savvy professional fueling multi-million dollar revenues of top multi-platform games for industry leaders through 10+ years of marketing experience for such companies as Disney Interactive. Skillfully synthesizes branding, multimedia advertising, packaging, retail, PR, events promotion, and social media marketing to drive sales. Dynamic understanding of customer lifecycle marketing, market research, analytics, paid customer acquisition and retention as well as game monetization. Managed budgets and P&L. Demonstrably successful project manager thriving as a decisive leader and collaborative contributor in continually changing, keenly creative environments. Artfully crafts comprehensive product and other strategies, routinely impacting bottom line growth.
Select Core Competencies:
Customer Acquisition, Retention • Online Marketing & Advertising • Product Positioning • Brand Management • Media Buying • Product Marketing • Consumer Insights • Marketing Research • Product Lifecycle Management Content Production • Strategic Alliances/Partnerships • Customer Relationship Management • Business Intelligence
Game Director @ From May 2014 to Present (1 year 6 months) San Francisco, CASr. Manager, Online Product Marketing @ • Drove the overall product strategy and spearheaded the acquisition, retention and monetization strategies for a portfolio of Star Wars, Marvel and Kingdom Hearts freemium online and mobile games.
• Worked with agencies and internal departments to research, ideate, design and build world-class interactive campaigns in support of Star Wars: Attack Squadrons and other online and mobile games.
• Developed, implemented, executed and presented campaign plans to internal and external stakeholders.
• Managed the project lifecycle for multiple concurrent projects, defining and tailoring the processes based on the team and project needs.
• Established key performance metrics and provided weekly progress reports, sentiment analysis and tracked budgets. From December 2012 to Present (2 years 11 months) Palo Alto, CASenior Global Brand Manager @ • Led the acquisition, monetization, and retention programs for the relaunch of City of Heroes Freedom as a free-to-play MMORPG. Successfully increased the player base by 400% and revenues by 30%.
• Managed display and search advertising campaigns and evaluated ROI across paid and organic acquisition channels. Improved blended CPA by 13% by optimizing the registration funnel.
• Ran in-game cash shop including inventory management, pricing strategies and sales promotions for over 1,000 items resulting in ARPPU lifts of 25%-50%.
• Responsible for analytics, gathered data through PlaySpan tools, Google Analytics, and Business Intelligence and presented detailed weekly and monthly reports to senior executives on KPIs such as acquisition, conversion, churn, revenue, DAU, MAU, ARPU, ARPPU and forecasts on product updates.
• Established a product management process with the development team and collaborated on a 3-year content road map to ensure revenue growth and alignment between the final product offerings and the marketing messages.
• Oversaw community & social media activities including the overall marketing timeline.
• Supervised a Brand Manager, Monetization Manager, Web Producer, and the Community team. From July 2010 to October 2012 (2 years 4 months) Senior Manager, Marketing - Disney Online Studios @ Developed, managed and executed the acquisition and retention strategies for World of Cars Online. Responsibilities include the management of:
• All marketing tactics and communications
• Development of TV and online creative
• Media planning and optimization
• Establishing pricing strategies
• Development of preview/trial strategies
• Maximizing partner relationships and synergy promotions
• Managing budgets and forecasts
• Optimizing website experience
• Cars specific market research
• Analysis of all programs and guest behavior to help shape strategies
• Working with the PR team to maximize press coverage From November 2008 to July 2010 (1 year 9 months) Senior Global Brand Manager @ • Performed strategic planning, category management and product marketing functions for multiple THQ titles and franchises in the shooter/RPG/RTS categories including developing and managing multiple franchise P&Ls.
• Implemented innovative, creative and effective marketing campaigns within $8M - $600K budgets for Saints Row 2 and Frontlines: Fuel of War across PC, Xbox 360, and PS3.
• Collaborated with development to convert Company of Heroes into free-to-play online model in China.
• Recruited and managed a Brand Manager, Associate Brand Manager, and 2 interns. From March 2008 to November 2008 (9 months) Global Brand Manager @ • Drove 5 new products through green light in the Shooter/RPG/RTS portfolio contributing $250 MM to the long term strategic plan.
• Generated $20 MM in incremental revenue through product life cycle management and online digital distribution for PC franchises (OEM deals, expansion packs, GoTY, Gold Edition, STEAM).
• Identified underserved segments in the RPG and RTS market and assessed product pitches by internal and external development studios. Presented product recommendations to studios, VP Global Brand Management, Business Development, Finance, Licensing, and Legal. From November 2006 to February 2008 (1 year 4 months) Brand Manager @ • Led the development and execution of all consumer marketing materials, including advertising (broadcast, print and online), packaging, retail, PR, events promotion, and online viral marketing for Titan Quest and Company of Heroes.
• Ensured brand consistency and coordinated product launch planning with international counterparts to gain economies in worldwide product launches.
• Provided constant feedback to studio production in terms of platform trends, competitive activities, retail sales and consumer trends.
• Worked with Research group on consumer qualitative and quantitative research to gain consumer insight.
• Partnered with producers and product development teams to optimize new game concepts and features through market research and focus group testing for Titan Quest, Company of Heroes, Frontlines and other titles in development. From December 2005 to November 2006 (1 year) Associate Product Marketing Manager @ • Directed team efforts to successfully launch several key titles across multiple gaming platforms.
• Crafted and executed marketing strategies including performing market research, sales forecasts, and category analysis.
• Established the brand identity, unique selling proposition, and product positioning.
• Created packaging, sell sheets, print ad campaigns, online ad campaigns, websites, game trailers, POP, and channel sales presentations to achieve product success.
• Managed P&Ls and marketing budgets for each title. From May 2004 to December 2005 (1 year 8 months) Comics and Action Figures Category @ • Supervised multiple employees and managed over 1,000 products at comic book e-commerce site NextPlanetOver.com (a division of eHobbies.com).
• Spearheaded multi-department project that streamlined merchandising workflow by 50% and improved website functionality.
• Increased revenues by 3% through E-auctions of returned products.
• Created and implemented sales promotions, marketing campaigns, and advertisements.
• Organized talent and attended bi-monthly trade shows to promote the website.
• Built daily content, developed new categories, and ran all aspects of the website. From April 2000 to August 2001 (1 year 5 months) Managing Editor @ • Directed award-winning talent, developed intellectual properties, and produced over 30 comic books per year.
• Negotiated contracts with creative talent, and licensing contracts with vendors including foreign rights.
• Designed ads and promotions. Wrote press releases and attended annual trade shows including Toy Fair.
• Projects nominated for industry awards.
• Promoted from intern to Managing Editor within 2 years. From 1994 to 1998 (4 years) Store Manager @ • Managed 13 employees to run a top 10 store out of 250 software retail stores in the company.
• Store nominated for Regional Store of the Month-East Region in May 1994.
• Promoted within six months to a higher volume store with sales in excess of $1 million annually. From June 1993 to January 1995 (1 year 8 months)
MBA, Marketing and Strategy @ University of California, Irvine - The Paul Merage School of Business From 2002 to 2004 Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Economics @ George Mason University From 1988 to 1993 Lin Leng is skilled in: Brand Management, Market Research, Positioning, Product Marketing, Marketing Strategy, Online Advertising, Game Design, E-commerce, Marketing, Social Media, Digital Media, Brand Development, Advertising, Monetization, Cross-functional Team..., Strategic Planning, Digital Strategy, Online Gaming, Video Games, Competitive Analysis, Game Development, Analytics, MMO, Social Games, Mobile Games, Interactive...
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension