Hey there! First of all: I love people; Especially when I meet them IN PERSON!
I have a deep thirst for challenge, innovation, and testing my limits. This makes me a very avid traveler, pursuer of new trivial knowledge, and pursuer of new physical limits. My foundation stems from constantly trying to challenge myself and learn more
Hey there! First of all: I love people; Especially when I meet them IN PERSON!
I have a deep thirst for challenge, innovation, and testing my limits. This makes me a very avid traveler, pursuer of new trivial knowledge, and pursuer of new physical limits. My foundation stems from constantly trying to challenge myself and learn more about what I'm capable of. (INTENSE I know). I have run several half marathons and am getting my Yoga Certification just because I'm trying to live as if I'm retired the right way-while I'm young and working doing what I love.
My main passion is in meeting new people, learning and working with new technologies, and contributing to building out companies with the next generation of entrepreneurs and bright minds.
I didn't know what I wanted to be when I went to UC Berkeley and had to choose a major, so I double majored in Economics and Psych, and almost finished a minor in Theater. I was a nerd in love with Behavioral Economics, and still love reading hard-cover books (yes I buy them at Airports) like Outliers, Predictably Irrational, Tipping Point, Freakonomics, among others of a similar genre. After working in Finance I realized that I was more of a people person and more interested in working with the next generation of entrepreneurs and ground breaking ideas, so I went into the tech and start up world. And I love it!
Aside from work, I also still participate in theater but fortunately I'm not a clown yet. I do Stand Up and Improv for fun around town.
My passions remain in tech, travel, running, yoga, comedy and funniness, animals, and writing. When I'm not working, I'm doing one of these things...rockin' some sweet Vibram Five-Finger toe shoes! (you know they are frekkin' awesome). Frekkin' being an understatement.
If you're still with me reading this, I relinquish you from torture now, as I'm done blabbing about my coolness, which is usually awkwardness. Still, I'm not as awkward as my man Larry David!
Let's get in touch!
Specialties:meeting people for coffee to find out how awesome they are, business development, sales, recruiting, marketing, marketing, getting people to where they strive to be, public speaking, laughing, surviving the San Fran muni, stand up comedy, cultural awkwardness
Head Hunting Specialties
Engineers (Front End/ Backend)
Marketing: Brand Directors, Email, Sports Marketing, Merchandising
Product: Product Managers, Directors
VP: VP of Engineering, VP of Marketing, VP of Sales
Director/Head of Recruiting (& Talent) @ BOOMERANG! BAM! I'm back at ZOZI! And am STOKED!
We are hiring across the board, including sales, design, engineering and product and recruiting is in charge of all of it; including interview process set up, qualifying, sourcing, and facilitating the talent experience. If you're interested in joining our team, email me: [email protected]
I look forward to hearing from you!
ZOZI enables discovery, develops passions, and helps fuel a more rewarding and active life, whether that'd be around the corner or around the world.
ZOZI's two-sided platform connects thousands of activity merchants globally with millions of customers. ZOZI's SaaS tool called ZOZI Advance is a bookings, payments, and reservations platform to help activity merchants manage and grow their business. Much like OpenTable enabled the restaurant industry to capture more bookings through both a robust software, and a branded consumer facing site - ZOZI is doing the same in travel for activity, tour, event, and rental merchants globally.
Our company culture is built on passionate people - we value our team above all else and strive to have every person thrilled to build this company together. When you work with us, we offer free ZOZI experiences and products, a company paid iPhone, sabbatical time, gym memberships, and a bike-friendly office at the end of the Embarcadero with a sunny patio equipped for weekly outdoor Yoga.
We've attracted some of the best investors, partners, and awards thanks to the dedication of our immensely talented team. If you like the idea of building a company that helps people create life memories, join us! From April 2015 to Present (7 months) San Francisco Bay AreaHead of Talent @ Soldsie is changing the way people shop on the web. Ever dream of buying something directly off of an Instagram or Facebook post? Now you can!
• Primary People Ops Executive for a First Round Capital funded startup in charge of implementing all hiring processes from headhunting to interviewing to onboarding as well as overseeing HR
• Recruited 25+ people into the company across departments including Inside Sales, Engineering, Product,
• Implemented the groundwork for seamless recruiting by standardizing job descriptions, outreach messaging, and applicant tracking through both Simplicant ATS and eventually Greenhouse.io
• Worked with Trinet and my HR coordinator to make sure the company was HR compliant
• Oversaw two direct reports, including an HR/recruiting coordinator as well as the company’s office manager
******(Soldsie pivoted and restructured most of the company---miss these guys but was part of a major layoff and restructuring that will ultimately allow Soldsie to bounce back one day ! so stay tuned for these folks) From August 2014 to April 2015 (9 months) San Francisco Bay AreaAwesomeness @ From May 2014 to August 2014 (4 months) San Francisco Bay AreaHead of Talent (Recruiting) @ Head of all Talent hiring, recruiting, and retention at DoubleDutch
• Singularly grew the company from 24 to 105 employees (with 13 employees in Amsterdam) in 15 months as a team of one engaging with some agency help and individually sourcing passive candidates (including executive roles like VP of Finance)
• Implemented qualifying, screening, and interviewing processes across departments and hiring managers such as department-specific interview questions, evaluations, and candidate debriefs
• Started first university engineering recruiting initiative at schools like Harvard and Michigan which resulted in 3 full-time hires and 3 summer interns for Summer of 2014
• Managed and helped create four weekend “Onsite Open Houses” that included inviting and interviewing 30+ pre screened candidates over a course of 4 hours for the successful hire of 5-9 candidates after each Open House (20+ total) for junior Sales Development Representatives and Customer Success Managers
• Trained, hired and managed a recruiting coordinator starting March 2014 to assist in the scheduling of candidates for the constantly rotating open 12+ reqs
• Implemented an employee referral program across all positions after running data that showed 20% of hires were referrals into the company
• Transitioned the company from Asana to Jobvite Applicant Tracking System in order to create a streamlined and scalable recruiting and hiring process
• Assumed other responsibilities like interim HR, which included issuing Health Benefits, setting up 401K and commuter benefits, initiating Anyperk and an in-house masseuse, handling terminations, and other HR related projects prior to the hiring of an HR Manager this year, March 2014.
• Constantly innovated on internal culture by creating programs like “Random DoubleDutcher Lunch” to encourage “random” and “paid” bi-weekly lunches between employees to foster interaction, collaboration, and camaraderie From December 2012 to May 2014 (1 year 6 months) San Francisco Bay AreaTalent Acquisition Manager @ Army of 1 Talent Manager filling all of zozi's key reqs without using outside agencies including targeting passive candidates for:
Engineering, Marketing (Brand, Sports and Email), Product, Design, and VP level Execs
As of a few months into my role, I have now participated in hiring Ruby on Rails generalists , Product Managers, Senior Account Resort Executives, Brand Directors/Marketing Directors, Visual Designers, Front End Engineers, Sports Marketing and Merchandising Buyers, and poaching for VP of Engineering candidates.
I am a hunter at heart, and come at most roles through direct poach. What can I do? Without being too offensively egotistical: I'll say anything and everything-if I try!
Zozi is a venture backed startup in San Francisco, emerging as the leading brand for adventure! Discover and book unique experiences around the corner (“Local”), around the world (“Getaways”), and with celebrity expert guides (“zozi Gurus”) to rock your world.
Zozi is the the first company to give people access to hand crafted experiences with celebrity athletes like Olympic gold medalist Jonny Moseley, National Geographic host Mireya Mayor, and a growing team of zozi Gurus! The innovation won't stop there!
I joined zozi because I love not only the concept of helping people discover new adventures, but also because zozi is a great place to work, exactly why we we landed in the top 10 places to work by Outside Magazine.
If you want to join the team, email me! We are unleashing a lot of awesome stuff this coming year, and you will want to be a part of it. Check out our Careers Page for Open Reqs! From August 2011 to December 2012 (1 year 5 months) San Francisco Bay AreaTechnical Recruiter @ Several of the companies I recruited for and placed initial talent into saw successful exits including, but not limited to: (Card.io got acquired by Paypal, RedBeacon by Home Depot, Manymoon by Salesforce, Flixter by Rotten Tomatoes)
*While employed at Riviera, I engaged in both Business Development (establishing new relationships with new client start ups that needed recruiting assistance) and I also provided Staffing and active Head Hunting services in order to recruit passive engineering candidates
*Riviera Partners is an executive search firm with a focus on early & mid-stage venture-backed technology companies. Riviera's primary focus was on consumer internet and enterprise software/systems.
*At Riviera, I worked shoulder-to-shoulder with founders, investors, board members and hiring managers to build
teams that ensured the achievement of my client's critical milestones.
*The companies I worked for included NGmoco:), Shopkick, Yammer, Red Beacon, Groupon, Cloudera, Flixster, Greplin, among many others
*I also assisted with organizing and running New-Hire Training for all the new recruiting employees who joined the firm
Business Development and Staffing.
*Business Development Experience: I was responsible for finding new clients (start ups) to recruit for through cold contact, warm outreach, or through network referral; companies such as Greplin, Card.io, Red Beacon, Manymoon and Flixster
*Staffing: I was responsible for both sourcing, qualifying, and closing engineering candidates for multiple startups from different backgrounds each quarter
*As a recruiter, I was the second highest billing recruiter for my company December quarter.
for a comprehensive list click here: http://www.rivierapartners.com/sitedocs/site/Clients.php
*I left Riviera in August of 2011 to pursue working for a start up myself :) From December 2009 to August 2011 (1 year 9 months) San Francisco Bay AreaSenior Currency Broker in Sales @ • Certified Series 3 Financial Sales Representative
• Used market knowledge of Currency Markets to build a lead base of clients looking to invest in currency market
• Completed extensive audits on clients’ trades; including investigating price spikes, margin calls, slippage on orders
• Joined Micro Project to work on developing user activity at the Forum Community, created Educational Videos for the website, assisted in developing language and rhetoric to correspond with clients From June 2008 to December 2009 (1 year 7 months) Broadcasting Intern @ Broadcasting Intern for the 5 and 6 O'Clock news
Prepared anchor scripts and mingled with Frank Somerville From 2007 to 2007 (less than a year) Marketing Intern @ • Identified & analyzed market targets using edgy community, social networking, and other internet sites
• Pioneered the creation of EXCEL spreadsheets tracking client contacts and attendance
• Broadened consumer audience while strengthening established client relationships by mail, phone, & web contact From August 2006 to December 2006 (5 months)
B.A., Double Major: Economics; Psychology @ University of California, Berkeley From 2004 to 2008 Lowell High School Lena Holdsworth is skilled in: Recruiting, Technical Recruiting, Business Development, Sales, Building Relationships, Organizational Culture, Writing, Yoga, Running, Russian, French, Stand-up Comedy, Behavioral Finance, Entrepreneurship, Motivation, Psychology, Marketing, Social Networking, Mobile Devices, Enterprise Software, Start-ups, Sourcing, E-commerce, Talent Acquisition, Human Resources, Mobile Applications, SaaS, Management