Cross-functional Executive with years as a trusted financial and operational partner to CEOs, leadership teams, Board of Directors and investors. Held CEO, President and CFO positions with full P&L responsibility, along with directing functional VP's (R&D, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing, Quality, Customer Support, Finance & Accounting, Information Technology and Human Resources). Proven results driving strategic and operational
Cross-functional Executive with years as a trusted financial and operational partner to CEOs, leadership teams, Board of Directors and investors. Held CEO, President and CFO positions with full P&L responsibility, along with directing functional VP's (R&D, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing, Quality, Customer Support, Finance & Accounting, Information Technology and Human Resources). Proven results driving strategic and operational excellence to increase market share, profitability and shareholder value.
Significant Technology Manufacturing, Medical Device, Software industry and M&A experience:
1. Developed and executed strategic plans increasing Sales and Profits and achieving #1 Market Share in the Medical Device market against Fortune 100 competitors.
2. Successfully completed debt & equity financings with Venture Capital & Private Equity firms along with multiple M&A transactions from buy and sell sides.
3. International business development experience including building channel partner relationships with Fortune 100 company OEM and Reseller agreements.
4. Led/managed up to 600 global employees located in North America, Europe and Mexico.
5. Diversified industry experience: Software as a Service (SaaS) and Cloud Computing software, Medical Device and Manufacturing Technology industries.
6. Substantial manufacturing experience with factories in N. America, Mexico and Europe.
Strategic Financial Executive • CPA • MBA
Drive Aggressive Revenue Growth with Profitability • M&A Strategies & Execution • Financial Reporting & Compliance
Business Planning • Negotiate Contracts & Legal • Right Hand Partner to CEO • Unquestionable reputation for Honesty & Integrity
SaaS / Cloud Revenue Recognition
Venture Capital & Private Equity Financed Businesses
M&A (buy and sell sides)
International Reseller and OEM partnerships
Raising debt & equity
Financial Planning & Analysis
Chief Financial Officer @ VCC, a mid-market company, is a leading provider of LEDs, Indicators, Illuminated electronic solutions. Delivering technologies and design services through distribution and direct to corporations, VCC manufactures products at it's Mexican maquiladora and has corporate headquarters in San Diego.
* Was recruited by Private-equity firms to help lead the acquisition of 2 companies: first company manufactured in the Dominican Republic, while the second company manufactured in Costa Rica, which were then transferred into a newly formed maquiladora in Tijuana, MX.
* A new ERP system was acquired and implemented to support manufacturing, Supply Chain, CRM and accounting.
* The Company is well funded, highly profitable and continuing fast paced organic and inorganic growth.
* Awarded 8th Fastest growing private company by San Diego Business Journal. From March 2012 to Present (3 years 10 months) Greater San Diego AreaChief Financial Officer @ Leading venture capital financed global provider of SaaS, for online marketing automation solutions to corporate enterprises, marketing service organizations and graphic arts industry. PTI was sold to Ricoh Corporation.
• Partnered with CEO by providing strategic, operational and financial architecture, leadership and execution from start-up to record sales and positive EBITDA. Closed three rounds of venture capital financing exceeding $20M.
• Added inorganic sales growth of 20% from acquisitions. Completed three company acquisitions; conducted purchase negotiations, deal structures, legal agreements and post-deal integration yielding significant cost savings, margin improvement and ownership of core technology.
• Increased sales by 23% with Channel; negotiated and managed new Channel Partner relationships with Canon, Ricoh, Kodak, Xerox and Konica Minolta.
• Structured and negotiated six In-Licensing Partnerships for software modules added to core software; interfaced directly with investors, bankers and Board of Directors (presenter/attendee at full Board meetings).
• Expertise with SaaS and Cloud e-commerce retail and B2B environments, software revenue recognition, and royalty income accounting in compliance with FASB Accounting Standards.
• Achieved 10 years of clean annual financial audits void of financial adjustments creating confidence from Board/Investors and increasing funding for new acquisitions. From August 2001 to February 2012 (10 years 7 months) Chief Executive Officer & CFO @ Dental product company developing and selling laser technology instruments and disposables to the cosmetic dental industry, generating $25M in annual profitable sales.
• Recruited by investors to develop and execute turn-around of dental products company. Held full P&L responsibility reporting to Board of Directors.
• Re-engineered operations increasing productivity and profitability; reduced expenses by 40%; consolidated operations by improving processes reducing headcount by >50% from 137 to 61, and enhancing quality control.
• Revenue growth fueled by expanding product portfolio, adding domestic and international distribution channels, and growing direct sales to new and existing customer base. From 1998 to 2001 (3 years) Chief Financial Officer @ Early stage, venture financed, life science company focused on cellular liver regeneration. Raised several rounds of venture financing. From 1997 to 1998 (1 year) President & Chief Financial Officer @ Recruited by large private equity firm to aquire and grow a market leading medical device company that develops, manufactures and sells orthodontic appliances “braces” to orthodontists. Operations spanned USA, Europe and Mexico (Maquiladora) with over 600 employees and 15,000+ SKUs.
• Guided LBO spin-out from Johnson & Johnson, and re-organized operations to lead the market as stand-alone business; planned and executed change in market positioning from penetration to niche strategy doubling sales to $48M in three years.
• Held full P&L responsibility reporting to Board of Directors; directed company within excessively leveraged financial structure and built framework for successful sale to a public company.
• Redirected R&D projects achieving launch of two major products; reduced R&D cycle time to six months.
• Company was sold to publicly held Sybron Dental, Inc. at significant shareholder return. From 1994 to 1997 (3 years) General Manager @ Medical device manufacturing company supplying hospital and alternate care markets with electronic and infra-red thermometry products including instruments, disposables and services.
• Held complete P&L responsibility, reporting to parent company CEO; spearheaded aggressive development and sales of innovative market-driven products.
• Engineered turn-around from cash-cow product line to building stand-alone high growth company of 128 employees with sales of $25M; increased domestic market share to #1 position against Fortune 100 medical device companies, generating 65% gross margins and tripling sales.
• Company sold at a high valuation to a significant medical device corporation. From 1988 to 1994 (6 years) Acting President & CFO @ A publically-held defense contracting company which manufactures and sells radio-frequency direction finding systems to domestic and international defense and government agencies. Full P&L responsibility with over 80 employees, reporting to parent public company CEO.
FAR certified and DCAS experienced. From 1985 to 1988 (3 years) Division Controller @ Positions of increasing responsibility built on a solid foundation of best practices with Fortune 100 and 500 companies; Fortune 100- Management Positions: Division Controller, Cost Accounting, Financial Planning & Analysis, Audit From 1978 to 1985 (7 years)
M.B.A., Business @ Graduate School of Business, University of San DiegoB.S., Accounting @ San Diego State University Lee Wilcox is skilled in: Right Hand to CEO, SaaS, P&L Management, Cloud Computing, Financial Management, Strategic Partnerships, Corporate Finance, Private Equity, Raising Venture Capital, Joint Ventures, Cross-functional Team Leadership, LBO's, Financial Planning, Contract Negotiation, Mergers & Acquisitions
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension