Senior Director of Product Management @ Navigating Cancer
Senior Director of Product Management @ MultiScale Health Networks
Sr Associate @ Point B
University of Colorado Boulder
Sr Associate @ Point B is a Management Consulting firm that helps our clients develop insights and translate them into impact. Our clients look to us for industry and functional expertise combined with our ability to execute. From August 2012 to Present (3 years 5 months) Greater Seattle AreaBoard Member @ From January 2011 to December 2012
Sr Associate @ Point B is a Management Consulting firm that helps our clients develop insights and translate them into impact. Our clients look to us for industry and functional expertise combined with our ability to execute. From August 2012 to Present (3 years 5 months) Greater Seattle AreaBoard Member @ From January 2011 to December 2012 (2 years) Senior Manager, Kindle Offline Retail Program and Product Management @ • Manage a team of Product/Program Managers, ensuring excellent execution related to retail packaging, demo devices, marketing messages, customer service, returns, and supply chain.
• Own the development and execution of go-to-market strategy for Kindle products – E Ink e-readers, LCD tablets, and accessories – in the brick and mortar channel, reporting to the VP of Kindle Offline Retail.
• Created the retailer onboarding process and launched approximately 40 retailers across 10 countries in 18 months.
• Wore many hats – operations manager, supply chain planner, customer service, account manager, development manager – as an early team member for Amazon’s first wholesale business.
• Extensively involved in recruiting and hiring for all roles, technical and non-technical; completed more than 450 interviews over 9+ years at Amazon, and more than 100 since joining the Kindle organization in May 2010. From May 2010 to July 2012 (2 years 3 months) Technical Program Manager and Interim Development Manager, Retail Customer Experience @ • Owned the customer experience, technical requirements and delivery, product roadmap, and business performance of Amazon's auto-delivery program for Consumables, Subscribe & Save (SnS). Single point of contact for all global category teams that offer their products through SnS.
• Monitored trends in customer feedback and, when necessary, provided personalized e-mail support to customers.
• Analyzed trends in customer behavior data to identify customer pain points and opportunities for new features.
• Resolved issues with backend software and operations dependencies and designed technical integrations to solve business and customer experience problems.
• Liaised with designers, usability specialists, copyeditors, product managers, category managers, buyers, planners, financial analysts, TPMs, and development managers to solve problems related to every aspect of the business and customer experience.
• Served as interim Development Manager from June to November 2009, managing a team of six software developers supporting six programs: SnS, Accessories, Collections, Series, Finders, and Service Contracts. From December 2008 to April 2010 (1 year 5 months) Engagement Manager and Senior Technical Program Manager, Amazon Enterprise Seller Services @ • Managed the engagement with a new Enterprise Services client. Responsible for the end-to-end delivery of a multi-channel commerce solution, including website, phone, and in-store ordering; fulfillment by Amazon; and customer service. Dotted-line manager for a team of technical program managers and developers.
• Communicated daily with Amazon’s clients to negotiate terms and budget, understand requirements, manage expectations, and develop creative technical and business solutions that create value for clients and for the Enterprise Services e-commerce platform.
• Senior Technical Program Manager for Marks & Spencer, Amazon’s largest foreign client and second largest enterprise client.
• Launched the M&S website on the Amazon platform and thereafter responsible for the definition, implementation, and support for several large multi-channel features, as well as the ongoing administration of the client engagement.
• Onsite project lead at M&S’s London offices for four months in 2008 to assure the launch of the M&S Food to Order business, available via store, phone, and web ordering. Projected sales exceed $150MM annually.
• Wrote and managed functional and technical requirements, project plans, and schedules, for features developed by dozens of Amazon software development teams. From December 2005 to November 2008 (3 years) Technical Product & Program Manager, Amazon Web Services @ • Responsible for the web site presence of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) program, including all product information, marketing content, customer account management, and customer support channels.
• Increased the adoption and awareness of Amazon Web Services (AWS) through various support and evangelism activities, including direct developer support, weekly developer chats, the developer web site, and documentation.
• Managed responsibilities and activities for a team of three technical writers and support engineers.
• Managed requirements definition, scoping, design, implementation, documentation, beta test, and public launch for Amazon E-Commerce Service 4.0.
• Launched the AWS billing platform, allowing Amazon to sell web services to its external developer audience. Researched and documented tax, legal, functional, and technical requirements for selling digital services online.
• Authored specifications, designed, and managed the implementation and usability of all AWS web site features.
• Conducted competitive research to evaluate AWS’s market position and to ensure AWS’s web site presence and developer resources were competitive with others’ offerings.
• Interviewed more than 100 AWS candidates in twelve months. From October 2003 to December 2005 (2 years 3 months) Quality Assurance Engineer, Associates Program and Amazon Web Services @ • Launched more than 35 revenue-generating projects for the Associates Program and for Amazon Web Services (AWS) within nine months.
• Created and implemented department-wide quality assurance, project management, and technical best practices for Software Engineers, Web Developers, QA Engineers, and Product Managers, resulting in enhanced awareness of quality, better project process, and more comprehensive product documentation. From December 2002 to October 2003 (11 months) Quality Assurance Engineer (Intern) @ • Developed custom WebLogic Portal applications using product tools and Java/J2EE technologies in order to test the functionality and usability of the BEA WebLogic Portal product.
• Coordinated and executed usability testing for the March 2003 release of WebLogic Portal. From February 2002 to November 2002 (10 months) Business Analyst (Intern) @ • Enabled development, testing, training, implementation, and enhancement of a Java, enterprise-level, web-based Sales quoter for all Sun Support, Education, and Professional Services. From May 2000 to November 2001 (1 year 7 months) Analyst (Intern) @ • Authored and edited practice aids for Accenture’s 23,000 Process professionals. Topics included process architecture, value analysis, innovation, and process diagnosis.
• Worked with Process Innovation Team and London-based graphic design firm to develop, produce, sell, and distribute tools for process innovation packaged in an Innovation Toolkit. From June 1998 to August 1999 (1 year 3 months)
Graduate Certificate, User-Centered Design @ University of Washington From 2006 to 2007 B.S./B.A., Business - Information Systems, Spanish @ University of Colorado Boulder From 1997 to 2001 Laura Ford is skilled in: Agile Methodologies, Product Management, E-commerce, Scrum, Agile Project Management, SQL, Web Analytics, SaaS, Scalability, Software Quality Assurance, Usability Testing, Program Management, Enterprise Software, Software Development, Distributed Systems
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension