Technical Talent Acquistion @ Red Bull Media House
Senior Technical Recruiter @ Boingo Wireless
Recruiter @ BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed is the leading media company for the social age, intensely focused on delivering high-quality original reporting, insight, and viral content across a rapidly expanding array of subject areas. Our technology powers the social distribution of content, detects what is trending on the web, and connects people in realtime with the hottest content of the moment. Our
BuzzFeed is the leading media company for the social age, intensely focused on delivering high-quality original reporting, insight, and viral content across a rapidly expanding array of subject areas. Our technology powers the social distribution of content, detects what is trending on the web, and connects people in realtime with the hottest content of the moment. Our site is rapidly growing and reaches more than 200 million monthly unique visitors.
BuzzFeed is at the forefront of a major shift in the advertising industry away from traditional banner ads towards "social advertising" that engages consumers, inspires sharing, and produces social lift, or "earned media."
BuzzFeed's industry-leading technology and unique social distribution engine is used by top brands such as GE, Virgin Mobile, and Geico to go beyond banners, turbo charging their social advertising initiatives.
Jonah Peretti, founder & CEO of BuzzFeed, previously co-founded the Huffington Post. Ben Smith is its Editor-in-Chief and Kenneth Lerer is the Executive Chairman.
Recruiter @ From August 2015 to Present (5 months) Greater Los Angeles AreaSenior Recruiter @ Retained and contingency search for tech startups. Past/Current clients include:
www.openx.com From October 2011 to Present (4 years 3 months) Technical Sourcing Consultant @ From February 2015 to August 2015 (7 months) Sourcer @ Sourcer
Recruit and evaluate resumes, focusing primarily on Software Engineers, Sales Engineers, Solutions Architects, Customer Operations Engineers, and Product Managers for a big data startup. (Java/Linux/SQL/Hadoop)
Achievements: Averaged more than 2 hires per month. From December 2013 to September 2014 (10 months) Greater Los Angeles AreaSourcer @ Recruiter
Recruit and evaluate resumes, focusing primarily on Software Engineers for a hyperlocal mobile advertising platform. (Java/Linux/Hadoop)
*Worked directly with CEO and Technical Founder in a startup environment.*
Achievements: More than doubled the size of their engineering team from 6 to 15. Implemented hiring calibration adjustments that decreased time to hire by 25%. From January 2013 to November 2013 (11 months) Greater Los Angeles AreaRecruiting Specialist @ • Review and evaluate resumes, focusing primarily on Employee Referral candidates for the Global Sales organization.
• Work directly with the Lead Recruiters for all seven sub-units of Global Sales to increase pipeline as well as streamline candidate flow.
• Initiate a new education project to increase cross-function awareness and candidate sharing.
• Spearhead business training and education on the staffing process in an effort to calibrate referral quality and increase overall referral quantity.
***Achievements: Contributed over 30 hires in my first 6 months.*** From October 2010 to October 2011 (1 year 1 month) Vice President of Operations @ • An elected position with a non-profit organization committed to the expansion of choral music education and the preservation of 4-part male a capella, ‘Barbershop’ music.
• Coordinate travel, lodging, booking shows, equipment logistics, and rehearsal venues for multiple performance tours including the Midwest US, East Coast US, and United Kingdom.
***Achievements: Choir of the World Champions 2009, International Barbershop Chorus Champions 2007 and 2010, and recorded an album at Capitol Records, Los Angeles, CA.*** From July 2008 to July 2010 (2 years 1 month) Recruiter @ • Full life-cycle recruiting including sourcing candidates, coordinating interviews, negotiating offer packages, and liaising between candidate and client.
• Initiate a special proposal for Web 2.0 viral video job marketing campaign.
• Recruit contract labor engineers as well as permanent engineers. From January 2009 to October 2009 (10 months) Staffing Specialist @ • Coordinate interviews and travel for prospective candidates as well as organize offer packets/letters for new hires on an as needed basis.
• Work directly with the Lead Recruiters for the Legal, HR, Finance, Business Operations, and Administrative departments to increase visibility for current job openings.
• Evaluate current job posting strategies and develop automated processes to increase efficiency.
• Research and contact online job boards about advertising/posting packages. From January 2007 to January 2008 (1 year 1 month) Executive/Production Assistant @ • Worked with the Director/Producer to gain professional business partners and sponsors.
• Organized and directed a large scale fundraising event for a special project.
• Researched and contacted individuals/businesses about project sponsorship. From June 2005 to January 2006 (8 months) Volunteer @ • Assisted with local DSHS and community outreach as well as a general aide for the Membership Coordinator in event planning and execution. From June 2004 to August 2005 (1 year 3 months) Legal Intern @ • Completed a variety of tasks including case research, assisting attorneys in depositions, trials, and with direct case analysis. From June 2003 to August 2003 (3 months)
BA Cum Laude, Music and Rhetoric & Film Studies (Dual Major) – GPA in majors 3.75 @ Whitman College From 2002 to 2006 Lane Aikin is skilled in: Technical Recruiting, Recruitment Operations, Candidate Assessment, Creative Sourcing, Internet Recruiting, Staffing Industry, Internet Mining, Head Hunter, Direct Sourcing, Full-cycle Recruiting, Global Recruitment, Contract Recruitment, Sales Recruitment, Referral Generation, SaaS
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension