India Advisory Board Member @ CMO Council India Advisory Board
Business Head @ Scribble Media & Entertainment Pvt Ltd
Sr. Director, Marketing and Communications @
Bachelors in Communications and Journalism (BCJ) @
The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda
Award winning, results-oriented, hands-on Global Marketing and Communication executive with over 18 years of experience working with high growth, category creating technology companies. Extensive background in strategic planning and creative execution of diverse business-to-business integrated marketing initiatives across a wide variety of market segments. A skilled marketer with a track record of increasing market positioning and messaging
Award winning, results-oriented, hands-on Global Marketing and Communication executive with over 18 years of experience working with high growth, category creating technology companies. Extensive background in strategic planning and creative execution of diverse business-to-business integrated marketing initiatives across a wide variety of market segments. A skilled marketer with a track record of increasing market positioning and messaging share to drive bottom line results. A creative intellect combined with an entrepreneurial, high-energy and flexible spirit that thrives in a fast-paced environment.
• Panel Speaker, ITSMA’s Thought Leadership Seminar: The New Face of Marketing, Feb 2014
• Speaker, ISB&M, Pune, September 2013
• Speaker, 'Creating Work Ready Work Force – Wisdom from the Wise & Experienced' Sadhana Centre For Management and Leadership Development (SCMLD), February 2013
• Speaker, Indira School of Business, October 2012
• Speaker, MasterClass, Hyderabad December 2011
• Judge, ‘Showcase’ Marketing Symposium at ICFAI Business School, October 2011
• Speaker, on ‘Communication and Connect’ by Liquid Hub, September 2011
• Speaker, CognOrators Club at Cognizant Technology Solutions August 2011
• Speaker, Toastmasters clubs at the Indian School of Business (ISB) March 2011
• Speaker, TEDx Gachibowli, Hyderabad, October 2010
• Speaker, IMA National Brand Summit, Mumbai 2008
Specialties: • Executive Leadership • Global Marketing Strategies • Strategic Decision-Making • Team development • Market analysis, segmentation and GTM strategy • Marketing/Sales/Partner alignment • Integrated Marketing Communications • Demand generation and closed-loop lead process • Campaign development, delivery and measurement • Partner Strategy and Marketing • Social Media, Analyst and Public Relations
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +91 7709150949
Senior Director - Global Marketing & Communication - Sales Enablement, Digital & Social @ As Senior Director, Global Marketing and Corporate Communication at Synechron (Revenue: $300 million), the largest independent financial services, consulting and technology firm in the world.
I have overall responsibility for the marketing strategy, direction and execution of our campaigns and communication programs. The role encompasses market positioning and messaging, Internal and executive communication, thought leadership, branding, media and analyst relations, events and digital marketing & social media. I oversee a global team of talented marketing and communication professionals and partner agencies (Public Relations, Analyst, Research).
• Developed and implemented annual marketing plan that drove top-of-mind awareness of Synechron brand to clients, prospects, employees and industry peers
• Developed messaging and branding to break through the competitive clutter (applicable, but not limited, to services fact/ cheat sheets, sales decks, award-winning case studies, infographics, events)
• Worked closely with Industry Practice heads to create customized business/pitch strategies and materials that convey the company’s core mission, values and differentiators
• Continually evaluated multi-faceted events and sponsorship plans to create maximum exposure and engagement among targets and stakeholders
• Drove and produced thought-leadership content and related promotional strategies
• Developed Global PR strategy and hired 3 Global Firms and delivered PR results through ideation of press byline content and speaking pitches
• Collaborated and communicated measurable marketing deliverables and timelines
• Developed Social Media Strategy and managed social media community sites From June 2012 to Present (3 years 7 months) Pune Area, IndiaIndia Advisory Board Member @ India Advisory Board Member From January 2011 to Present (5 years) Pune Area, IndiaBusiness Head @ As Business Head with an unrelenting entrepreneurial drive, reported to a diverse board to start and bring out Hyderabad’s first Afternoon Newspaper. With 32 colour pages of hyper-local, national, entertainment, sports, lifestyle, health, fashion and business news, it offered a succinct mix of national and international news interspersed with local information. From January 2011 to May 2012 (1 year 5 months) Advisory Council Member @ Advisory Council Member From 2009 to 2011 (2 years) Hyderabad Area, IndiaGlobal Marketing Head @ As Global Marketing Head of VenSat, a global media and entertainment company, I was responsible for the full range of global marketing and communication efforts. These included branding, demand creation, service marketing, competitive intelligence, employee and internal communications, and media and analyst relations. From May 2009 to December 2010 (1 year 8 months) Hyderabad Area, IndiaAPAC Marketing and Communication Head (Middle-East, India and Africa) @ Served as the top marketing officer within Global Information Technology (IT) Company. The role functioned as a key member of the Global Marketing and Communication team with overall responsibility for corporate marketing, brand strategy, corporate communications, client experience, and sales and business development support
• Successfully led a geographically spread 10-member marketing team. Controlled handsome marketing budget
• Rigorously evaluated impact of marketing investments to understand link between marketing spend and key outcomes
• Terminated ineffective marketing programs and reallocated marketing investments to programs with higher returns
• Created a highly engaged, aligned and productive culture. Identified/leveraged employee talents, hired/trained candidates to fill key positions, set an expectation of excellence, and recognised and mentored high performers
• Contributed to driving value creation through successful efforts in improving client communication and strengthening the marketing offerings portfolio.
Other Responsibilities included: Brand Marketing, Global Public Relations, Events marketing, Sponsorships and Market Research. From 2008 to 2009 (1 year) Hyderabad Area, IndiaGlobal Head - Marketing and Communications @ Global leader of Marketing and Communication for top Business Process Outsourcing and Technology Enabled Services provider. Developing Brand, Messaging Platforms, and Communication capabilities to support 5,000+ global employees servicing some of the worlds most respected and successful clients. Developed and led one of the best, nimble-footed, highly-motivated, customer-oriented and productive Marketing team to run different marketing businesses - Account-based marketing (ABM), Events and forums marketing, Media and Analyst relationships, Branding and advertising, Thought Leadership, Internal and Executive communications and Customer Visit Experience Management program - Managed Annual budget of over $ 1mn.
Responsibilities include: Brand Strategy, Global Website Management, PR/AR, Corporate Communications, Internal Communications, Integrated Communications Programs, Cross-Functional and Cross-Business Collaboration From 2005 to 2008 (3 years) Hyderabad Area, IndiaWestern Region Head - Marketing and Client Servicing @ Provided strategic communications and marketing planning and execution for many clients across several industries, including Ready-to-eat foods, Information Technology, Information Technology Enabled Services (ITeS). Worked closely with clients to ensure consistent, effective and holistic integration of employer branding activities with overall marketing communications strategy and business goals. Personally conducted senior executive media training sessions and provided ongoing coaching.relations. From 2002 to 2005 (3 years) Mumbai Area, IndiaManager, Corporate Communications @ Set up the corporate communications team a tech start-up company, including but not limited to media relations, employer branding and internal communications. Executed day to day activities for Corporate Communications Team. Monitored company and competitor news coverage, including event and meetings industry trend. Supported speaking opportunities program for subject matter experts and executives. Drafted internal and external communications materials as needed. Conducted basic news coverage reporting and activity summaries for key stakeholders. Maintained calendars and keep team abreast with upcoming deadlines and priorities. Researched information and data to help generate fresh, creative content. Worked closely with the team to write/prepare effective internal communications through different channels that meet different purposes for the company. From 1999 to 2001 (2 years) Journalist @ Reporting and Editing. From 1996 to 1999 (3 years) Mumbai Area, India
Certificate of Global Business Leadership (CGBL), Executive Leadership @ Harvard Business School Publishing - U 21 Global - CGBL (Certificate of Global Business Leadership) From 2007 to 2008 Bachelors in Communications and Journalism (BCJ), Advertising, marketing, writing, public relations, media law, media policy and content development @ The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda From 1995 to 1996 Bachelor of Arts (BA), Sociology, Economics, Deutsch @ The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda From 1990 to 1995 SSC, Science, English, Maths, Social Studies, Hindi @ Kendriya Vidyalaya From 1984 to 1990 Professional Diploma in Digital Maketing, Digital Communication and Media/Multimedia @ Digital Marketing InstituteProfessional Diploma in Digital Marketing, Digital Communication and Media/Multimedia @ Digital Marketing InstituteDigital Marketing Certificate @ Manipal Global Kulwinder Singh is skilled in: Marketing Communications, Corporate Communications, Integrated Marketing, Media Relations, Customer Relations, Analyst Relations, Industry Analyst Relations, Employee Communication, Google Analytics, Team Leadership, Emerging Technologies, Team Building, Telecommunications, Internal Communications, Customer Service