Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Computer Science @
University of California, Berkeley
I am a recent graduate of the University of California, Berkeley where I earned a Bachelors of Arts in Computer Science (with a focus in Human-Centered Design) and a Bachelors of Arts in Cognitive Science. I was involved in research groups as an undergraduate researcher; topics covered in these groups include Human Computer Interaction, New Media Arts,
I am a recent graduate of the University of California, Berkeley where I earned a Bachelors of Arts in Computer Science (with a focus in Human-Centered Design) and a Bachelors of Arts in Cognitive Science. I was involved in research groups as an undergraduate researcher; topics covered in these groups include Human Computer Interaction, New Media Arts, and Computer Science Education.
I am currently a Graduate Student at the University of Washington, where I am earning a Master's Degree in Human Computer Interaction & Design. This interdisciplinary program integrates courses from the four departments in the cross-disciplinary group, Design Use Build (DUB): Computer Science & Engineering, the Division of Design within the School of Art, Human Centered Design & Engineering, and the Information School.
Through Cognitive Science coursework, I have been exposed to theories of cognition and perception that have been invaluable to designing visual displays that facilitate frustration-free interactions. I’ve been able to improve and expand upon my user-centered design knowledge through agile Android mobile application development and cross-platform product management, skills I have learned through programming courses and real world experience as an intern at Trulia.
Product Management Intern, Rentals Division @ Consumer Product Management Intern dedicated to the Rentals Product across all Platforms (Web, mWeb, iOS, Android) From January 2015 to April 2015 (4 months) San Francisco Bay AreaUndergraduate Student Researcher, CITRIS Lab @ • Reconstructed front end designs and functionality of a citizen science iOS application for use in Android
• Used the Arduino language to code the behavior of an LED “light staining” tile for use in private kitchens
• Operated Afinia desktop three-dimensional printers in order to create programmable physical objects
• Learned to create RGB Adobe Illustrator files for use with a laser cutter and various materials
• http://www.hackster.io/kiyanasalkeld From July 2013 to December 2014 (1 year 6 months) Software Engineering Intern (Android Mobile Team) @ • Constructed a user-generated real estate listing function for the Trulia Rentals application on Android using Java / XML
• Collaborated on the initial development of an experimental “TruliaU” application for college apartment subletting
• Developed both mobile phone and tablet versions of an RSS feed application for popular Internet images
• Performed site maintenance, including the detection and termination of Ensemble spam user accounts From March 2013 to May 2014 (1 year 3 months) Copy Editor & Blogger @ From August 2012 to May 2013 (10 months) Intern @ • Compiled a comprehensive tutorial for fellow office workers in order to aid in the installation of Bugzilla
• Collaborated with fellow employees at AyDeeKay to assess short-term goals and potential contributions From December 2012 to January 2013 (2 months)
Master's degree, Human Computer Interaction + Design @ University of Washington From 2015 to 2016 Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Computer Science @ University of California, Berkeley From 2010 to 2014 Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Cognitive Science @ University of California, Berkeley From 2010 to 2014 St. Margaret's Episcopal School Kiyana Salkeld is skilled in: Android Development, Product Management, Java, Android, Programming, Python, Mobile Application Development, Human Computer Interaction, Arduino, User Experience, HTML, CSS, SQL, Ruby on Rails, Microsoft Excel
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension