Management professional with experience in mobile, internet, media and cable companies. Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams and align key stakeholders to deliver results. Track record in marketing, sales operations, business development, strategy consulting, product management, and engineering. Experience with start-ups, medium and large-size corporations. Excellent relationship-building skills and cultural sensitivity. Work experience in US and Canada.
Management professional with experience in mobile, internet, media and cable companies. Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams and align key stakeholders to deliver results. Track record in marketing, sales operations, business development, strategy consulting, product management, and engineering. Experience with start-ups, medium and large-size corporations. Excellent relationship-building skills and cultural sensitivity. Work experience in US and Canada. Traveled to North and South Americas, Europe, Africa, Middle East, and Asia.
Specialties: Marketing, Sales Strategy, Business Development, Product Management, Mobile, Internet, Digital Media, Cable Networks, m-Health, e-Learning, Mobile Payments, Gaming, Social Networking, Mobile Music.
Director, Marketing @ Demand Generation & Marketing Strategy for Samsung Mobile Business.
• Brand Strategy
• Multicultural Marketing
• Budget Planning
• Samsung Pay From February 2014 to Present (1 year 9 months) Greater New York City AreaChief of Staff, Enterprise Sales Group @ Chief of Staff to the SVP of Enterprise Handset Business, Samsung Mobile. Responsibilities included:
• P&L Planning and Reporting
• Marketing and Overhead Budget Management
• Sales Strategy & Operations
• Market Intelligence From February 2013 to January 2014 (1 year) Dallas/Fort Worth AreaDirector, Strategy and Business Development @ Managed strategic business development for Samsung Mobile handsets and tablets.
• Alliances, Partnerships, M&A
• B2B Verticals Incubation
• Ecosystem Development
• Retail Channel Innovation
• Subject matter expertise in Healthcare, Education, Video Gaming, and Mobile Payments markets. From February 2011 to January 2013 (2 years) Dallas/Fort Worth AreaDirector, Product Management @ Head of digital media strategy and product innovation for WWE.com, the digital arm of World Wrestling Entertainment. Defined, developed, and launched web-based and mobile products. Performed build vs. buy analyses and managed technology vendors.
• Launched WWE Universe - a full-featured social network for WWE fans. Acquired 600,000 registered users, 400,000 blogs, 3M photos, and 5M forum posts in the first three months.
• Relaunched an enhanced WWE.com portal with new a site layout, new video player, and differentiated advertising inventory.
• Launched products in online search and mobile content. From September 2007 to February 2009 (1 year 6 months) Greater New York City AreaStrategy Consultant @ Business, operations, and technology strategy for fortune 100 clients. Some of the client engagements I worked on:
• Launch of FEARnet.com and PBS Sprout Online for Comcast Interactive
• UMA operational strategy for Rogers Mobile (Canada)
• Mobile video go-to-market strategy for JumpTV
• E-Commerce/Order Management platform design for InGrid
• IPv6 Customer service support strategy for Comcast From September 2006 to September 2007 (1 year 1 month) Greater Philadelphia AreaDirector, Product Management @ Head of product management for a mobile music streaming service.
• Market research and focus groups
• Product definition and roadmaps
• Product marketing sales collateral
• Business development with global carriers, content aggregators, and publishers. From September 2005 to August 2006 (1 year) Greater New York City AreaProduct Manager, Digital Media @ Wrote product specifications (PRDs) for mobile handsets sold in excess of 10 million units. Subject matter expertise in:
• Digital Rights Management (DRM)
• Mobile Video and Music From September 2004 to September 2005 (1 year 1 month) Washington D.C. Metro AreaProduct Manager, Wireless Products @ Product marketing management for wireless line of products.
• PRD and MRD development
• Build vs. Buy Analysis
• Vendor Management
• Sales collateral development
• Trade show planning From 2003 to 2004 (1 year) Fresno, California AreaSenior Software Engineer, Wireless Devices and Infrastructure @ Architected and developed world class telecommunications software for GSM and IP networks.
• Lucent 1615 DSP software for telemetry devices
• Embedded software for two-way paging protocol ReFlex 50
• C-language programming for Motorola UMTS BSC backplane
• Recursive Systematic Convolutional (RSC) Decoder in Motorola 68000 assembler From 1996 to 2002 (6 years) Dallas/Fort Worth Area
MBA, Strategy, Marketing, and Finance @ Massachusetts Institute of Technology - Sloan School of ManagementMS, Electrical Engineering @ Columbia University in the City of New YorkBS, Electrical Engineering @ Texas A&M University Khurram R. is skilled in: Strategy, Business Development, Product Management, Consumer Internet, Social Networking, NFC, Education, Healthcare, Mobile Devices, Entrepreneurship, Wireless, Start-ups, Digital Media, Mobile Technology, Product Development, Telecommunications, Strategic Partnerships, Business Planning, Product Launch, Corporate Development, B2B, Competitive Analysis, Enterprise Software, Product Marketing, E-commerce, Executive Management, Leadership, Mobile Applications, Venture Capital, Management, Cross-functional Team..., Business Strategy, Business Modeling, Project Management, Mobile Internet, Cloud Computing, Go-to-market Strategy, Analytics, Mobile Communications, Marketing, Management Consulting, Program Management, Multi-channel Marketing, Product Planning, SaaS, Partner Management, Global Business..., Digital Strategy, Product Lifecycle..., Business Alliances