Head of Infrastructure Engineering @ Southwest Airlines
Vice President @ NTTData
Vice President - Infrastructure, Architecture and Enterprise Automation @ Sabre Corporation
Information technology leader with more than 15 years of results driven experience in global companies. Strong record of success leading IT organizations, both infrastructure and development, through periods of transformational change while improving all aspects of technology performance in the most challenging business environments. Proven ability to target and reach high standards. Full responsibility for
Information technology leader with more than 15 years of results driven experience in global companies. Strong record of success leading IT organizations, both infrastructure and development, through periods of transformational change while improving all aspects of technology performance in the most challenging business environments. Proven ability to target and reach high standards. Full responsibility for 100 million dollar + budgets.
• Team oriented leader, communicator, and presenter inspiring confidence, credibility, and peak levels of performance. Define and rally individuals, teams, and businesses around a clear, compelling vision to achieve superlative results.
• Trusted business partner recognized for innovation in technology, consistently delivering integrated, scalable solutions that inform business strategy and transform the business and marketplace.
• Challenge-driven, value-focused executive with a passion for delivering measurable results in revenue/margin targets, productivity/service levels, operational efficiencies, customer satisfaction, and economies of scale.
• Unequaled ability to shepherd organizations through change. Achieve buy-in from all stakeholders for transformation and mobilize all aspects of business and IT around business-enabling, best-practice processes and technologies.
Information Technology Information Library (ITIL) – Fundamentals, Service Delivery, Service Support
The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF)
Extensive industry leadership including:
• Regular conference attendee at Microsoft Management Summit Conference.
• Stellar references including CIO executives, Senior Vice Presidents, and Vice Presidents in
• Keynote presenter at HP Discover, June 2013
• Keynote presenter at HP Power to Change Event
• Quoted in several articles
Divisional Vice President - Enterprise Architecture & Engineering @ From 2014 to Present (1 year) Greater Chicago AreaManaging Director - Platform Engineering @ Recognized thought leader responsible for providing strategic direction for all engineering disciplines. Currently manage a team of 190+ IT professionals responsible for all aspects of automation throughout the enterprise, middleware engineering, tool selection and implementation across the enterprise, cloud compute delivery, network engineering, server engineering, security engineering, messaging services and mainframe engineering.
Engineer focused solutions delivered:
• Consolidated exchange infrastructure delivered resulting in a single email platform resulting in better
operational performance and cost synergies realized.
• Operational responsibilities transitioned to the operations teams so that engineering focuses on
• Standards for platforms delivered and documented resulting in many solutions provided by robot
resulting in repeatable solutions being delivered.
• Streamlined processes supporting delivery of service resulting in the ability to deliver capacity in
less than 2hours opposed to weeks previously.
• Remarkably improved operational stability resulting from standards, automation, world-class vital
signs and discipline within the organization. This has led to a ~300% reduction in outage times and
Transformation of the culture within the engineering organization:
• Rollout of a communication plan outlining our mission and strategy.
• Challenged the organization to be world-class. Status quo isn’t good enough.
• Heavy focus on succession planning. Coaching our junior leaders, who are the leaders of the future,
is a real focus.
• Required leaders to be accountable for their respective vertical.
• Recruited top-tier talent to coach existing engineering resources along with delivering best-in-breed
• Led and inspired an engineering area to receiving the 2013 software achievement award from HP. From 2012 to 2014 (2 years) Greater Chicago AreaDirector of Platform Automation and Middleware Engineering @ Subject Matter Expert as it relates to my areas of responsibility and strategic direction within these domains. Currently manage a team of 60+ IT professionals responsible for all aspects of automation throughout the enterprise, middleware engineering, tool selection and implementation across the enterprise and could compute strategy. From 2011 to 2012 (1 year) Architect @ Subject Matter Expert responsible for infrastructure and software components which are critical to the operation of the airline. These components support operations in the airport along with enabling rapid deployment of software and hardware by our field services teams.
Enablement of the IT organization through creation of innovative business-enabling technology solutions:
• Designed and developed a configuration management platform to centrally administer proprietary
application configurations. This solution was in support of a zero touch solution. The solution
resulted in better helpdesk visibility and automated application configuration updates. The server
side infrastructure comprised of Windows 2003, SQL2005, ASP.NET web services and an
ASP.NET web application. This saves 40 minutes per desktop resulting in lesser costs paid to our
• Led the migration effort of APS from the EDS data center facility in Tulsa to United data centers.
This nets an annual savings of $1.2M in hosting and network charges. This migration also enhanced
our service availability by now running in a dual data center configuration. This migration occurred
with zero flight delays incurred and less than 10 minutes of downtime.
• Enhanced our off-host printing solution, APS, to support print jobs from all required systems for both
carriers. This enables major branding initiatives to become a reality. These enhancements also
enabled the migration onto the combined PSS system.
• Implemented virtual firmware, in the mid-range, replacing proprietary firmware developed by our print
vendors. This reduces costs incurred by the airline by ~$500K per printer model. This also enables
vendor neutrality which protects the airline from any single vendor. From 2009 to 2011 (2 years) Chief of Design @ Chief of Design responsible for very large transportation clients in charge of end to end communication products along with the overall environment. Utilize deep knowledge of the complex business environment while ensuring 99.999% uptime of critical existing systems. Provide strategic planning and solutions enabling clients to achieve long term architecture goals. Mentor technical resources on viability of technical direction, participate in design reviews of components entering the environment, validate test and implementation plans, provide 4th level technical support, assist in financial outlooks and settle disagreements with regards to technical direction. From 1997 to 2009 (12 years)
Kevin Tucker is skilled in: Cloud Computing, Airlines, Strategy, IT Service Management, SDLC, Enterprise Architecture, IT Strategy, EAI, SOA, Management, Integration, Software Development, Web Services, Middleware, Virtualization
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension