BS, Business Administration @
University of California, Riverside
Results-oriented, analytical, and decisive leader with track record of successfully leading multiple complex and highly technical projects while maintaining day-to-day operations. Effective communicator capable of coaching, motivating, and mobilizing teams to achieve strategic objectives. Committed to driving productivity and the bottom line; thrive on continuous opportunities to improve operations, build strong working relationships, and maximize business process
Results-oriented, analytical, and decisive leader with track record of successfully leading multiple complex and highly technical projects while maintaining day-to-day operations. Effective communicator capable of coaching, motivating, and mobilizing teams to achieve strategic objectives. Committed to driving productivity and the bottom line; thrive on continuous opportunities to improve operations, build strong working relationships, and maximize business process effectiveness. Key competencies include:
Logistics / Supply Chain | Vendor Management | Budget Management | Process Development
Contract Negotiation | Business Operations | Cost Forecasting | Stakeholder Management
Executive Reporting | Policy Creation | Program Management | Internal Customer Service
Delivery Customer Experience, Program Manager @ From September 2015 to Present (4 months) Assistant Manager, Distribution Operations @ Maintained leading vehicle series (200K+ units annually) in all internal systems to support strategic sales and distribution objectives for North America. Communicated with internal / external business units to ensure accuracy of vehicle series production; managed operational constraints and production priorities to achieve target wholesale goals. Selected to participate in product ideation committee for future HMA products.
• Achieved parts sales objective for the first time in two years (Jan 2015); continued to achieve objective through Jun 2015, contributing revenues in excess of $60M for the first half of the year.
• Launched new model year for assigned vehicle series. Saved more than $500K annually by coordinating retail regions, fleet operations, service, and parts to minimize obsolete (prior model year) inventory.
• Managed monthly domestic production and wholesale volumes (averaging 36K units). Ensured each region received adequate vehicle allocations to support processing and shipping targets. Realized or exceeded objectives every month beginning Apr 2014. From December 2013 to June 2015 (1 year 7 months) Sr. Associate, Customer Operations and Contact Centers @ Initiated Blue Link Gen 2 Contact Center program supporting an integrated connected vehicle system using embedded telematics to gather vehicle Car Care information and Automatic Crash Notifications. The system also allows the customer to Remote Start, Stop, Lock or Unlock their vehicle. Continued to manage all Hyundai Roadside Assistance program responsibilities from previous position.
• Communicated with key stakeholders to gather data and user feedback regarding existing technology. Analyzed processes and system design to identify pain points and enhance both the customer and contact center agent experience in the second generation.
• Amended and executed existing contract with contact center vendor involving $129M commitment over three years to support the new Blue Link Gen 2 initiative. Ensured Contact Center readiness for production launch of initial Blue Link Gen 2 application.
• Consolidated Blue Link Gen 1 Contact Center into Customer Connect department. Improved existing customer escalation processes, evaluated customer goodwill requests, launched welcome call scripting / process for new customers, and managed all daily program communications.
• Increased overall program usage by 29% and shortened average customer case handling duration by nearly a minute. From February 2013 to December 2013 (11 months) Sr. Associate, Customer Operations @ Managed and coordinated the Hyundai Roadside Assistance program. Developed and executed contracts and amendments and validated / paid invoices weekly. Reviewed data analysis and reporting, partnering with IT and vendors daily to verify accuracy of inbound / outbound data. Managed all daily program communications to confirm optimal program performance and adherence to expense forecasts.
• Planned and managed $27M department budget. Submitted purchasing requests to executive management and transferred account funds to ensure adequate funding. Concluded 2012 under budget by $34K.
• Executed new five-year, $89M vendor services commitment to support 5.4M+ customer units in operation.
• Analyzed customer vehicle buybacks to identify trends and opportunities for operational / process improvement. Applied analysis results to implement new processes for handling customer concerns to guarantee customer satisfaction.
• Launched sales tax recovery project that recovered more than $200K in pending state sales tax refunds resulting from vehicle buybacks. Drafted scope of work with service vendor and led document discovery in support of recovery submissions.
• Selected to represent Hyundai Motor America in Korea at the Hyundai Motor Corporation Global Citizenship Conference. From November 2011 to January 2013 (1 year 3 months) Graduate Teaching Assistant @ Developed and prepared teaching materials and led weekly discussions with 100+ undergraduate students in Financial Accounting and Marketing courses. Evaluated student performance and managed progress; coordinated schedules and lessons with two other instructors to ensure all students were on track for course completion. From June 2010 to June 2011 (1 year 1 month) Private Wealth Advising Intern @ Monitored and analyzed account performance for more than $120M in investments. Reviewed goal assessment and risk evaluation for all new financial planning clients and participated in semi-annual reviews with clients. Composed regular letters reviewing recent account changes to ensure client comprehension.
• Improved efficiency by researching and implementing new office technology.
• Assisted in the strategic marketing of services and organized advisory boards and informational seminars. From June 2010 to June 2011 (1 year 1 month) Excess Equipment Operations @ Managed university excess equipment product inventory. Generated income by pricing and selling equipment no longer needed by the university. Maintained records of destroyed equipment within university-wide property tracking system; ensured security of all sensitive data as well as compliance with federal requirements for hazardous waste recycling. From November 2008 to June 2010 (1 year 8 months) Marketing Agency Intern @ Formerly Javelin Direct Inc.
•Conducted in-depth analyzes to determine the influence of various elements of email and direct mail advertising and identified market opportunities for our clients
•Developed Excel based reporting to quickly identify changes in Marketing trends
•Participated in cross functional team with our clients developing annual marketing plan From June 2008 to September 2008 (4 months) Inventory Control/Shipping & Receiving @ •Support the implementation of a new inventory control management system
•Responsible for shipment labeling and order fulfillment from warehouse inventory
•Ensured orders were loaded onto correct trucks for shipment to customers
•Fork truck operator From June 2007 to September 2007 (4 months) Vehicle Restoration/Web Sales @ •Led the listing and sales of classic auto parts through proper advertising descriptions
•Ensure prompt payments and managed account finances, including collecting payment
•Implemented fund-raising program for local charities From May 2006 to June 2007 (1 year 2 months) Farm Hand @ Farm Hand during Harvest season each year From June 2000 to 2005 (5 years)
MBA, Finance & Marketing @ University of California, Riverside - A. Gary Anderson Graduate School of Management From 2009 to 2011 BS, Business Administration @ University of California, Riverside From 2006 to 2009 Kevin Swearingen is skilled in: Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office, Data Analysis, PowerPoint, Research, Social Media, Forecasting, Market Research, Microsoft Word, Analysis, Strategic Planning, Customer Service, Budgets, Leadership, Access
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension