Vice President Strategy and Marketing for Silicon Systems Group @ Applied Materials
Master of Science (MS), Electrical and Electronics Engineering @
• High-Tech Business Leader with blend of P&L experience, venture investment, high technology development, marketing, operations, startup and M&A. Believing that “market opportunities sit at technology inflections,” particularly enjoy finding and creating these high growth high technology opportunities by leveraging all dimensions of Build – Buy – Partner – Invest. Strength in setting strategic directions and aligning
• High-Tech Business Leader with blend of P&L experience, venture investment, high technology development, marketing, operations, startup and M&A. Believing that “market opportunities sit at technology inflections,” particularly enjoy finding and creating these high growth high technology opportunities by leveraging all dimensions of Build – Buy – Partner – Invest. Strength in setting strategic directions and aligning inorganic and organic objectives.
• Strong business sense with exceptional high tech foundation. Stanford University; MS & PhD Electrical Engineering, NSF Fellow, over 100 publications, more than a dozen patents. Helped to create technology and necessary ecosystem for new $1B market in spacer-based patterning; has become industry standard. Led groups to help create necessary technologies for Cu-Low K semiconductor interconnects – now the standard within the semi industry.
• GM with full P&L experience for Semiconductor Equipment Business. Grew revenue greater than 2x market growth (>$500M/yr); became market share leader through focus on differentiating technology and productivity. Drove development of new semiconductor equipment platform – the most successful in company’s history.
• M&A, Venture Investments – Presently drive M&A, organic and inorganic investment strategy for Veeco. Championed and drove AMAT’s Semitool acquisition (“Applied’s best acquisition to date”), part of multiple other acquisitions and venture investments at Applied. Drove the Veeco Synos ALD acquisition to leverage the OLED flexible display inflection, and championed aggressive investment in OLED startup Kateeva to enable cost-effective large-area OLEDs.
• Board Activity – Presently active Director of Kateeva, helped to hire new CEO and reset customer and financial strategy of company, serving as Director for several startup boards, active in all board meetings of Veeco, a $1B+ high tech public company.
• Long distance running – half-marathons are presently my favorite
Sr VP Strategy and Growth Initiatives @ From April 2011 to Present (4 years 7 months) CA and NYMember Board of Directors @ From June 2012 to Present (3 years 5 months) Menlo Park, CAVice President Strategy and Marketing for Silicon Systems Group @ From May 2010 to April 2011 (1 year) Santa Clara, CAVice President and General Manager for Si Solar Business Group @ From March 2009 to May 2010 (1 year 3 months) Santa Clara, CAVice President and General Manager Maydan Technology Center Group @ From June 2005 to March 2009 (3 years 10 months) Santa Clara, CAVice President CTO and CMO Thin Films Group @ From November 2002 to June 2005 (2 years 8 months) San Francisco Bay AreaVice President & General Manager PECVD Business @ From March 1998 to October 2002 (4 years 8 months) San Francisco Bay AreaDirector of Technology and Product Manager @ From February 1996 to March 1998 (2 years 2 months) San Francisco Bay Area
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.), Electrical and Electronics Engineering @ Stanford UniversityMaster of Science (MS), Electrical and Electronics Engineering @ Stanford UniversityBachelor of Science (BS), Physics and Electrical Engineering (double major) @ Clarkson University Ken MacWilliams is skilled in: Executive Management, M&A experience, New Venture Development, OLED, New Business Development, Semiconductors, Engineering Management, Board of Directors, Solar Energy, Product Management, Semiconductor Industry, PECVD, IC, Thin Films, Design of Experiments, R&D, RF, Microelectronics, Cross-functional Team..., Photovoltaics, Nanotechnology, Electronics, Materials Science, Metrology, SPC, MEMS, Embedded Systems, SoC, Failure Analysis, Engineering, Process Integration, PVD, ASIC, Simulations, Product Lifecycle..., Silicon, CMOS, Analog, Characterization, Automation, Product Marketing, CVD, Product Engineering, Sensors, Renewable Energy, Process Engineering, Cleantech, Consumer Electronics, Competitive Analysis, Mergers
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension