Senior Manager, Design and Technology – Global Learning Deployment @
North Carolina State University
I am an award winning Learning Technologist, industrial product designer (yes, learning is a product!), writer, husband, and proud father of three great children. An animator for the EPA at the forefront of digital technology in the late 1980s, I became a pioneer in the field of multimedia, including a pivotal role on the team developing tools
I am an award winning Learning Technologist, industrial product designer (yes, learning is a product!), writer, husband, and proud father of three great children. An animator for the EPA at the forefront of digital technology in the late 1980s, I became a pioneer in the field of multimedia, including a pivotal role on the team developing tools for Shockwave 3D in 2000. I hold a Bachelor of Industrial Design from NC State University and a Master of Science in Instructional Technology from East Carolina University. I am known for my out-of-the box creativity and a strong knowledge of interactive marketing and education combined with the use of emerging learning technologies. I currently research advanced technologies and methods for business and education, leveraging games, technology, and video to engage learners and promote innovation.
My clients include Glaxo Smith Kline, Invensys/Powerware, NASA, Lockheed Martin, Caterpillar, Prudential Securities, General Motors, United Technical Institute, the FAA and many others.
Senior Manager, Learning Technology – Global Learning Deployment @ Provide leadership, strategic planning and needs assessment for the design, development and implementation of learning technology solutions for Ingersoll Rand University’s curriculum delivery, performance support, social learning, and knowledge management. These technologies include distributed learning (including virtual), online, mobile, informal, and modular blended solutions.
Engage IT, Communications and other enterprise functions to achieve alignment for a short and long-term technology roadmap while aligning and integrating with Ingersoll Rand’s enterprise-wide talent management processes and systems.
Develop and maintain an external network of contacts for benchmarking industry and learning technology to ensure consistently cutting-edge knowledge of best practices.
Manage a network of external suppliers including consultants, vendors, educational institutions and professionals providing learning technology services and products.
Lead and manage an internal IRU team of learning technologists. Consult with and educate IRU colleagues on applications of learning technologies. Collaborate and learn with a team of award-winning IRU professionals. From February 2010 to Present (5 years 11 months) Manager, Advanced Learning Technology @ Responsible for researching, developing and applying traditional and advanced learning technologies in the production of training solutions for Fortune 100 and 500 companies. My role included analysis, business development, driving strategic technology directives and providing tactical support for implementation. I applied my background in industrial design, serious games, simulation, and instructional design to provide technical expertise to learning solutions and facilitate communication between sales and development teams.
* Proposal development for several major multi-year enterprise solution contract awards.
* Strategic planning and advanced learning solution design.
* Creation of whitepapers on advanced learning technologies including Serious Games.
* Development of immersive learning solutions.
* Project management of blended learning solution design and development.
* Design and implementation of cost effective translation systems for global training deployment resulting in efficient translation of training content in up to 46 languages. From 2006 to February 2010 (4 years) Senior Multimedia and Simulation Consultant @ As lead consultant, performed needs analysis, created project proposals and acted as account manager for various clients. As lead developer, performed required development tasks and managed sub-contractors to produce and deliver multimedia software and simulation applications.
* Successful acquisition, adaptation and re-branding of former NxView Technologies core SDK.
* Developed 3D simulations of the Backhoe and Skid Steer Loader for Caterpillar, Inc.
* Developed eLearning application for Prudential Securities.
* Developed a collaborative 3D sales presentation and training application for Powerware, Inc.
* Developed the MEWSS-PIP CBT for Lockheed Martin.
* Developed a 3D slot machine prototype for casino machines and potential on-line distribution.
* Developed the Adobe Director IMS CharacterGenerator Studio line of tool products for Interactive Multimedia Services Inc.
* Developed an FDA certified, secure multimedia slide presentation tool for Presentation Strategies, Inc. From September 2001 to August 2006 (5 years) Director of Operations and Chief Learning Solutions Architect @ Responsible for developing training solutions for Fortune 100 and 500 companies. Roles included developing needs analysis, creating project proposals, providing solution technical expertise supporting enterprise sales and business development. With a background in industrial simulation, instructional design and development, I facilitated communication between sales and development teams. I also targeted customer feedback for improving our R&D efforts to deliver state of the art multimedia eLearning software applications.
* Implementation of a standard methodology for analyzing learning opportunities for maximum use of company resources
* Establishment of a knowledge repository for the sales team to draw from providing a consistent sales message
* Establishment of improved sales and development communications processes From 2005 to 2006 (1 year) Vice President of Content and Services @ Key Responsibilities
* Developed marketing and business strategy for autostereoscopic display content development network
* Built content development partner network
* Cultivated 3rd party software vendor relationships
* Worked with internal research team to develop real-time 3D content applications and content generation
* Provided sales engineering support for professional service engagements From January 2004 to December 2004 (1 year) Executive Producer, Simulation and Virtual Environments @ From 1999 to 2001 (2 years) Director of 3D Business Applications @ From 1997 to 1999 (2 years) Director of Interactive Multimedia Development @ From 1993 to 1997 (4 years)
Master of Science (MS), Instructional Technology, 4.0 @ East Carolina University From 2011 to 2013 Bachelor, Environmental Design (Industrial Design), 3.69 Magna Cum Laude @ North Carolina State University From 1984 to 1988 Engineering @ United States Military Academy at West Point From 1983 to 1984 Ken Hubbell is skilled in: E-learning, Instructional Design, Blended Learning, Learning Management, Instructional Technology, Online Training, Distance Learning, Captivate, Technical Training, Technical Writing, E-learning Development, Needs Analysis, Adult Education, Educational Technology, Training Delivery