Entrepreneurship/Entrepreneurial Studies/Internet Marketing @
Software Solutions Designer @ Current Projects: Hazzify.com. I'm researching ways to streamline and improve the Hazardous Waste Management process through effective software. I am interviewing companies and experts to learn more about the regulations and process management required for Hazardous Waste Disposal companies. Please contact me if you've ever been frustrated by the many challenges faced in
Software Solutions Designer @ Current Projects: Hazzify.com. I'm researching ways to streamline and improve the Hazardous Waste Management process through effective software. I am interviewing companies and experts to learn more about the regulations and process management required for Hazardous Waste Disposal companies. Please contact me if you've ever been frustrated by the many challenges faced in this industry! I want to help!
Peace In Your Home
Most people expect parenting to come easy, but for those looking to learn skills that will help them grow as parents (and people) there is http://peaceinyourhome.com. I created, designed, and implemented the full website to deliver one of the best parenting courses on the market.
Virtual Cross Training
Launched in January 2011; coordinated all website development, personal trainer recruitment and brand establishment. From January 2011 to Present (5 years) Greater San Diego AreaChief Operating Officer: Capture and Proposal Management @ Business development and proposal management firm sub-contracted to Booz Allen Hamilton.
• Led proposal teams for 90 multi-million dollar government contracts totaling over $4.5B, including proposal planning and outlining, proposal team mentorship, review team coordination, solution analysis and development, effective win theme inclusion, technical writing and editing and overall requirements compliance. Frequently submitted proposals early and with less impact to writers, ultimately saving valuable marketing dollars.
• Managed market development efforts through communication with clients, partners, and team members for two Booz Allen Markets and trained personnel to effectively prioritize, assign, and present potential opportunities.
• Provided leadership and mentorship to proposal teams in high-stress, time-critical environments, consistently receiving accolades for clear guidance, effective motivation, and exemplary personnel management. Provided periodic reports and updates to proposal OIC.
• Effectively managed the budget and hours for clients and contractor personnel.
• Conducted research and analysis of future government solicitations and facilitated bid/no bid discussions with Marketing Development Board that resulted in immediate bids on new opportunities and a two-year pipeline of 20+ potential opportunities.
• Provided actionable feedback to writers throughout each proposal effort, resulting in a more compliant and differentiated proposal and a win rate over 90%. Addressed customer needs through close contact, excellent communications, and swift problem resolution.
• Coordinated all logistics and preparations for multiple partner-level review teams per proposal, enabling maximum effective feedback for over 60 participants.
• Lead 2-day orals training for 4 proposal teams in preparation for high-stakes technical presentations; coached students to enhance public speaking and presentation skills. From October 2010 to Present (5 years 3 months) San Francisco Bay AreaEOD and Diving Officer @ I am a Navy Reserve EOD Officer at EODOSU7 in San Diego. Basically that means one weekend a month and 2 weeks a year I get to blow things up and go diving.
- EOD Officer Warfare Qualified - EOD Master Technician equivalent - trained in CBRNE, diving, salvage, and IEDs.
- Officer in Charge for Exercise TALISMAN SABER in July 2011. Led EOD and diving operations in a joint environment with the Australian Combat Diving Unit 1 in Gladstone, Australia.
- Company Commander responsible for EOD and diving operations, reserve administrative requirements, and training.
- Previous Reserve command - XO for NMC EAD in Seal Beach. From June 2009 to Present (6 years 7 months) Personal Training Instructor and Group Fitness Coach @ CrossFit Level I certified coach.
Provide motivation and instruction for group classes. Help people find the body and lifestyle they've always wished for. From September 2012 to April 2013 (8 months) Greater San Diego AreaStunt Performer @ - Co-host for Bionic Builders, Discovery Channel Pilot
- Stunts for Workaholics - big fall down a giant hill, climbing
- Dive stunts for Titanic II
- Motion capture for Gears of War commercial
- Motion capture for Sony Entertainment Online's Planetside 2
- Specialize in military action, hard hits, fighting for camera, and all underwater stunts From April 2009 to January 2013 (3 years 10 months) Operations Manager and Team Leader @ - Received Bronze Star while supporting CJTF Troy for exceptional direction and implementation of two major projects in Iraq encompassing $33 million in equipment and training.
· Provided leadership and oversight to a 9-man independently deployed unit qualified to conduct demolition, shooting, open- and closed-circuit diving, CBRNE neutralization and disposal, static line parachuting and helicopter suspension operations.
· Trained over 200 security professionals in 5 locations throughout the Philippines in Threat and Vulnerability Assessment.
· Developed 1-week Bomb Disposal Post Blast Investigation training course with $20 million of funding from 3 organizations.
· Ranked #1 of 8 highly competitive junior officers.
· Coordinated 287 Subject Matter Expert Exchanges and 26 demolition clearances with Philippine EOD personnel in over 16 locations resulting in the training of over 1000 personnel in the IED identification and response procedures and the disposal
of more than 8000 lbs Net Explosive Weight of hazardous ordnance. From March 2004 to November 2008 (4 years 9 months) Diving Officer @ Trained to inspect and maintain open-circuit SCUBA and Mk 16 Mod 1 Closed Circuit Mixed Gas Underwater Breathing Apparatus equipment, plan dives, dive using Mk 20 (Aqua Mask) and Mk 21 (Superlight 17) diving equipment, use underwater tools to perform cutting, welding, salvage, demolition, and hull maintenance procedures, and to apply knowledge of diving physics and medicine and advanced hyperbaric medicine. From May 2001 to March 2004 (2 years 11 months)
Certificate, Business Strategy @ Aji Network - Business Professionals Course From 2013 to 2015 Entrepreneurship/Entrepreneurial Studies/Internet Marketing @ The Foundation From 2014 to 2014 BS, Aerospace Engineering @ United States Naval Academy From 1997 to 2001 Kathy Borkoski is skilled in: Project Management, Team Leadership, Presentation Development, Presentation Coaching, Proposal Coordination, Presentation Materials, Leadership Development, Executive Development, Presentation Skills Coaching, Persuasion Skills, Executive Coaching, Fitness, Fitness Training, Entrepreneur, Workout